The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 best places to live in the world

3 posters

Go down

20 best places to live in the world Empty 20 best places to live in the world

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:46 pm

I really am surprised to see so many German cities listed. Our neighbor to the north has 3. I agree with Vancouver being on the list. Also surprised no cities from the British Isles. I would have thought they would have had at least 1.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/27/cities-best-live-lifestyle-real-estate-best-places-to-live.html
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

20 best places to live in the world Empty Re: 20 best places to live in the world

Post  Canuck Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:07 pm

About a week ago the city of Victoria, British Columbia was named the best city in Canada to live in.

Ottawa is a nice city, you have everything of a big city yet there is the feeling of a small town. Very pedestrian and cyclist friendly. Every Sunday in the summer on a stretch of road along the Ottawa river they close it from 5 am to about 2 pm to car traffic, it's only for pedestrians, cyclists, roller bladers etc.
Toronto is pretty nice too, I probably take it for granted because I live here.
Vancouver would be my number one pick, the only thing is that it is probably the most expensive city in Canada for housing and recently they've been having a lot of gang related shootings.
But what a beautiful city.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

20 best places to live in the world Empty Re: 20 best places to live in the world

Post  Markwes Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:21 pm

Interesting. The list is not one many people would be able to argue, since most of us have been to very few, if any, of these cities. One statement I would argue:

But the U.S. is a bit behind the curve. Germany, for example, has had high-speed rail since 1991. In Japan, the Shinkansen, the country's high-speed network, has been operational since 1964.
When your country's population is limited to an area 25 times as small as the U.S., and you don't have miles and miles of nothingness between towns, the cost of a high-speed rail can be easily more justified.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:27 pm

We don't have high speed trains here either.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down