The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama and National Day of Prayer

2 posters

Go down

Obama and National Day of Prayer Empty Obama and National Day of Prayer

Post  Markwes Wed May 06, 2009 1:58 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/06/obamas-decision-observe-prayer-day-privately-draws-public-criticism/

It's not a crisis of biblical proportions, but President Obama's plan to recognize the National Day of Prayer on Thursday with a paper proclamation, rather than a public event at the White House, is ruffling some religious feathers.

"We are disappointed in the lack of participation by the Obama administration," Shirley Dobson, chairwoman of the National Day of Prayer Committee, said in a statement. "At this time in our country's history, we would hope our president would recognize more fully the importance of prayer."

The Interfaith Alliance couldn't disagree more.

"It is a shame that the National Day of Prayer Task Force seems to think it owns the National Day of Prayer," the group's president, the Rev. C. Welton Gaddy, said in a statement.

I know I have questioned a lot (okay, just about all) of Obama's actions as president, but pleeease. Being disappointed in his lack of participation in National Day of Prayer? I don't care of he participates at all.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Obama and National Day of Prayer Empty Re: Obama and National Day of Prayer

Post  Guest Wed May 06, 2009 2:08 pm

Markwes wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/06/obamas-decision-observe-prayer-day-privately-draws-public-criticism/

It's not a crisis of biblical proportions, but President Obama's plan to recognize the National Day of Prayer on Thursday with a paper proclamation, rather than a public event at the White House, is ruffling some religious feathers.

"We are disappointed in the lack of participation by the Obama administration," Shirley Dobson, chairwoman of the National Day of Prayer Committee, said in a statement. "At this time in our country's history, we would hope our president would recognize more fully the importance of prayer."

The Interfaith Alliance couldn't disagree more.

"It is a shame that the National Day of Prayer Task Force seems to think it owns the National Day of Prayer," the group's president, the Rev. C. Welton Gaddy, said in a statement.

I know I have questioned a lot (okay, just about all) of Obama's actions as president, but pleeease. Being disappointed in his lack of participation in National Day of Prayer? I don't care of he participates at all.

I find Dobson's comments ironic in the sense that, for Christians, the bible instructs believers to go into a private place to pray. The point is to NOT stand on the street corner orating wordy poetic prose merely for the purpose of being heard by "humans".

C'mon Shirley... try harder.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon May 25, 2009 7:57 am

fyi thats the same dobson who recently advised the religious riters that the culture wars are lost and they need to focus on helping the poor and on the environmental problems. geek
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down