The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outback Closed

+3
iberlingirl
Aggie Transplant
Kitchen Slave
7 posters

Go down

Outback Closed Empty Outback Closed

Post  Kitchen Slave Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:21 am

I heard at work tonight that Outback here in town closed their doors. Looking at their website it only lists the Coventry location and not the N Clinton store, perhaps thats the one thats closed. Does anybody know for sure?

Kitchen Slave
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Outback Closed Empty Re: Outback Closed

Post  Aggie Transplant Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:23 am

The article in JG's The Dish had the Clinton location closed, but said that the Coventry location remained open.

Tidbits
• Outback Steakhouse at 4910 N. Clinton St. has closed; the restaurant at 5455 Coventry Lane is still open

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:39 pm

I have never quite understood why the restaurants there don't make it very long. Especially where Uno's (which is also closed now) is, it is almost like that location is cursed.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:44 pm

iberlingirl wrote:I have never quite understood why the restaurants there don't make it very long. Especially where Uno's (which is also closed now) is, it is almost like that location is cursed.

I was thinking the same thing. Not a lot of competition in that area and nothing really duplicated as far as restaraunt style. Wondering if Applebee's is next in that area.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:32 am

That Outback location had been open for over 10 years.... I'm not positive, but that's not exactly a short term thing.

But you are right, that area kind of sucks. Outback's lot was always packed, it was a very poor setup. Uno just wasn't good, IMO, and that's why they closed. I think it's hard to turn Deep Dish pizza into a chain and make it work. You have a build a loyal base because it takes so long to make the food, people have to really want it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:03 pm

Outback had been there for a while, but that location does seem cursed. I cannot remember what restaurant Uno's replaced, but I seem to remember that there had been quite a few "disasters." I know it had been involved in at least 1 fire (for some reason I want to say two, but would have to ask hubby on that). It had also gotten hit with storm damage, I believe it was when that tornado went through a while back.
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:15 pm

Shopaholic wrote:Outback had been there for a while, but that location does seem cursed. I cannot remember what restaurant Uno's replaced, but I seem to remember that there had been quite a few "disasters." I know it had been involved in at least 1 fire (for some reason I want to say two, but would have to ask hubby on that). It had also gotten hit with storm damage, I believe it was when that tornado went through a while back.

I believe that was Damon's.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:17 pm

Shopaholic wrote:Outback had been there for a while, but that location does seem cursed. I cannot remember what restaurant Uno's replaced, but I seem to remember that there had been quite a few "disasters." I know it had been involved in at least 1 fire (for some reason I want to say two, but would have to ask hubby on that). It had also gotten hit with storm damage, I believe it was when that tornado went through a while back.
Was it Damon's Ribs that Uno replaced? That closing was hard to figure too. The closest rib joint is what - the Hall's on State?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:27 pm

Rather than being cursed, I think it's just a lack of good restaurants.

Outback = horrible.
Uno's = very mediocre.
Damon's = meh.

Put a good restaurant in and it'll stay. Guaranteed.

The Applebee's that's right there (I think Applebee's blows, but lots of people seem to like it for some odd/unknown reason) flourishes. It's packed all the time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:39 am

Fleek wrote:Rather than being cursed, I think it's just a lack of good restaurants.

Outback = horrible.
Uno's = very mediocre.
Damon's = meh.

Put a good restaurant in and it'll stay. Guaranteed.

The Applebee's that's right there (I think Applebee's blows, but lots of people seem to like it for some odd/unknown reason) flourishes. It's packed all the time.

You rate Uno's higher than Outback? REALLY? I thought UNO's was right there with the Golden Corral ... lol.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:06 am

Outback is horrible????? Man.. I love that place. Newcastle in a big bottle, bloomin' onions and a tasty steak.. I know where I'm going for dinner this week..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:13 am

I think that the Alice Springs Chicken at Outback is da bomb!!! Yum Yum!!!
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:46 pm

I only rate Uno's higher than Outback because of two reasons...

1.) I loved the Rattlesnake Pasta @ Uno's. Other than that, the place was sh*t, really.
2.) I ordered steak @ Outback 3 times. I wasn't impressed AT ALL. For a supposed steakhouse, that's bad, in my opinion.

So, really...they're on par with each other as far as I'm concerned. I've just been to Uno's more. I'm 0 for 3 @ Outback. Never again will they get *my* money. I actually doubt that I'll hit up an Uno's again now that I make my own Rattlesnake Pasta.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:21 pm

I also don't get why people love Outback. We go there only for the Bloomin' Onion and Australian Cheese Fries -- heart attacks on plates. Their steaks are so-so; I've taken to ordering lamb if we eat there. Which we don't much, as there are other restaurants we much prefer. Plus, Outback isn't exactly cheap.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:21 pm

How did I miss this thread... Holy Crap! We lost an Outback!!!! Damn... that, really, sucks. No
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:43 pm

Aggie Transplant wrote:I also don't get why people love Outback. We go there only for the Bloomin' Onion and Australian Cheese Fries -- heart attacks on plates.
You're not kidding there. I think I posted this before, maybe on the old board, but I think it's worth another mention.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/02/11/worst-food-in-americ.html
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:09 pm

No love lost here as I really disliked Outhouse but I am sad to see any business leave town and I'm sorry that those of you who enjoyed the place will miss it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:31 pm

But, remember, the one at Coventry is still open.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down