The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So how are your brackets doing?

+5
LTRT
Aggie Transplant
Markwes
Cincy Fan 44
Scooby01_98
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So how are your brackets doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: So how are your brackets doing?

Post  Aggie Transplant Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:14 am

Markwes wrote:Maybe I gave up on my brackets too soon. Other than picking Kansas and Syracuse, I got all the other Elite 8 teams correct. I have West Virginia beating Kentucky so that's my only hope now.

You've gotta be happy now...

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

So how are your brackets doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: So how are your brackets doing?

Post  Pez Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:22 am

I stoked about Butler... winning 24 games in a row? Amazing....

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 am

Great tourney with all the upsets. What upsets me now is this shows how the BCS is short changing all the college football fans from a playoff system and schools from a championship. You have to wonder how many other ranked schools could have if given the chance.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:16 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:Great tourney with all the upsets. What upsets me now is this shows how the BCS is short changing all the college football fans from a playoff system and schools from a championship. You have to wonder how many other ranked schools could have if given the chance.

I'm not sure if the ncaa mens basketball tournament makes the most Money for the ncaa among other programs, but I have to admit it's certainly their best product. They can and should do it for football and I would actually watch college football. I dont think I'm alone.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:41 pm

Butler wins again! cheers
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:41 pm

LTRT wrote:Butler wins again! cheers
A great game!!! Hoping for no cold streaks Monday!!
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 am

That was a great game... I was solo with the kids so I couldnt pay attention to it, but I was able to watch the last 10 mins of the second half where I might have seen one FG and six points scored... it was dramatic at the end... awesome.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:41 am

This is pretty sweet for Butler. Watching some of the Duke/WV game though, I think they are gonna have their hands full with Duke. They seem very fundamentally sound. Hopefully Butler's grittiness will keep if close enough to give them a chance at the end.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:56 am

IrishGuy wrote:This is pretty sweet for Butler. Watching some of the Duke/WV game though, I think they are gonna have their hands full with Duke. They seem very fundamentally sound. Hopefully Butler's grittiness will keep if close enough to give them a chance at the end.

Duke looked head and shoulders above Butler in their dispatching of WV. Butler's main strength seems to be their consistency on defense, yet the fact they went 10 mins without a FG in their win over west virginia doesnt bode well. They will need to be hitting on offense or Duke will eat them alive.

If they can get some consistency on offense, they can get Duke frustrated and they might (just might) be able to pull it off.

Even if butler at lost to michigan St, they have proved themselves as a team to be reckoned with.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  SavoyTruffle Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:42 am

Excellent game last night, Butler hung in there better than I expected. Definitely one of the best final games I've seen - much better than the Michigan State - North Carolina game last year. For a split second, I thought that half-court shot was going in.
SavoyTruffle
SavoyTruffle
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:17 am

Sam here, it was very very close... that would have been a classic of sport talked about for 50 years. Butler has nothing to be ashamed about, Duke is a tough tough team, a perennial powerhouse that they came a couple inches from beating for the championship...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:14 pm

Great game. Once again a 2nd half dry spell came over Butler. If no dry spell they would have probably won. Still nothing for Butler to be ashamed of, they played extremely well and should be proud of what they have accomplished.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:35 pm

It also didn't help that Butler's basket seemed to have a lid on it for the first 5 or 6 minutes of the game. I think they came out a little tense, which I can understand.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Would have been a great story. The one consolation I can take is that Purdue lost to the eventual champion, for what that's worth.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  alsoforum Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:07 pm

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

alsoforum
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:56 am

Wrong once again!

Obama said. "But I do think that Pitt gets to at least the Elite Eight."

lol!
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:49 am

In my "bracket of integrity", I had Pitt going to the final four, so I can't say much. I'm just glad he has time to research the teams and make an appearance on ESPN to announce his picks in between talk shows.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Southeast bracket is all shot to hell. doing good in the East & West
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 am

Glad to see Duke get beat.

For a while there it was looking like Wisconsin wasn't even going to make it to 30 pts. Go Butler!
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:59 pm

LTRT wrote:Glad to see Duke get beat.

For a while there it was looking like Wisconsin wasn't even going to make it to 30 pts. Go Butler!
That Duke loss definitely busted my bracket, but it was well worth it. bounce
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:33 pm

why so much hate for Duke? Basketball scratch
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:02 am

Glad to see OSU get beat!!! Very Happy

How 'bout them Wildcats! Basketball

LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:59 am

I am basically done, only have Kansas left. Go Butler!!
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:05 pm

LTRT wrote:Glad to see OSU get beat!!! Very Happy

How 'bout them Wildcats! Basketball

it was a good game, that's for sure. Hated to see the Bucks lose...but just glad it wasn't to some Indiana team...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:36 am

Maybe I'm just a bitter Purdue fan, but I'm getting a little tired of Butler. Or maybe it's because they destroyed my bracket. So how are your brackets doing? - Page 2 649139
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum