The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pick the year...

4 posters

Go down

Pick the year... Empty Pick the year...

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:42 am

Pick the year you think the Cubs will actually win a World Series...

I'll go first. NEVER! Twisted Evil
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Pick the year... Empty Re: Pick the year...

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:43 am

The year the other 29 teams fold.

Of course as long as the Red Sox are playing they will never win. Laughing
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:01 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:The year the other 29 teams fold.

Hey I'm hoping your boy Kevin Youkilis gets voted in as the last American League Player, since he's from Cincinnati. I'm voting for Joey Votto (was there any doubt?) as the National League's last player. Vote for Votto a lotto! Very Happy
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:44 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Pick the year you think the Cubs will actually win a World Series...

I'll go first. NEVER! Twisted Evil
1908 of course!
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:25 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Hey I'm hoping your boy Kevin Youkilis gets voted in as the last American League Player, since he's from Cincinnati. I'm voting for Joey Votto (was there any doubt?) as the National League's last player. Vote for Votto a lotto! Very Happy

I gave up on the all star voting. Doesn't really matter anymore. Look at the pitcher this year (can't think of his name right now) that isn't getting to go "because he hasn't paid his dues" and "have many opportunities in the future". Really you can tell the future?!?! What happens if he gets killed in a car accident this year, team plane crashes, etc., etc.

Stupid statements like that is what is killing this sport and has lost me as a viewer. Basically the only reason I follow baseball now is for my fantasy team. Then the team managers are filling in there picks with there team players vs the best available.

If you put up the stats so far this year to be a all star then you should be on the team. I could care less what you have done up to this year.

Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:11 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

I gave up on the all star voting. Doesn't really matter anymore. Look at the pitcher this year (can't think of his name right now) that isn't getting to go "because he hasn't paid his dues" and "have many opportunities in the future". Really you can tell the future?!?! What happens if he gets killed in a car accident this year, team plane crashes, etc., etc.

Stupid statements like that is what is killing this sport and has lost me as a viewer. Basically the only reason I follow baseball now is for my fantasy team. Then the team managers are filling in there picks with there team players vs the best available.

If you put up the stats so far this year to be a all star then you should be on the team. I could care less what you have done up to this year.

I agree with Scooby. A few weeks ago I was reading the newspaper and was looking at the up to date all star voting. For the American League designated hitter, Ken Griffey Jr. was 3rd in voting. The dude retired and the only thing he accomplished this season was he fell asleep in a dugout. He's one of the best outfielders ever, but not this year.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:40 pm

The voting system for All-Stars is definitely flawed. With the fans voting, it's a popularity contest instead of actually who is having an all-star year. But if the game is "for the fans" then it's hard to argue with having them vote.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down