The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Prediction

4 posters

Go down

Oil Prediction Empty Oil Prediction

Post  LTRT Tue May 06, 2008 12:26 pm

Oil hits record $122 on $200 oil prediction, supply concerns
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080506/oil_prices.html?.v=14

Whaaaat... affraid .....let's see now, we're basically at $4/gal now, so what's that put it at $7+/gal! affraid
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Oil Prediction Empty Re: Oil Prediction

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue May 06, 2008 12:35 pm

LTRT wrote:Oil hits record $122 on $200 oil prediction, supply concerns
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080506/oil_prices.html?.v=14

Whaaaat... affraid .....let's see now, we're basically at $4/gal now, so what's that put it at $7+/gal! affraid
To paraphrase H. Ross Perot...That screeching tire sound you hear is the world economy coming to a halt.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue May 06, 2008 12:59 pm

LTRT wrote:Oil hits record $122 on $200 oil prediction, supply concerns
So predicting the price will go up makes the price go up? Thanks Goldman Sachs.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Sachs predicted the price of oil to $200/barrel, not gas. I don't see how they couldn't be right though. Demand won't go down, and supply won't increase because the dem's won't let us drill anywhere in America.

We need to get off oil anyway. Period.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Should be interesting how bankruptcies and foreclosures continue to climb as people can no longer afford to drive to work.

I'm quite enjoying watching our country go into the shitter under Bush's watch. What a legacy to leave behind. And people want to elect another Bushy into office? America is getting what it deserves.

Last edited by Jugomugo on Tue May 06, 2008 3:21 pm; edited 3 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue May 06, 2008 3:20 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:Sachs predicted the price of oil to $200/barrel, not gas. I don't see how they couldn't be right though. Demand won't go down, and supply won't increase because the dem's won't let us drill anywhere in America.

Yes, I was referring to oil. My take on the story was that Sach's prediction of oil hitting $200 a barrel made the price of oil increase. But yeah, with more and more cars worldwide, the demand is only going to increase.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2008 4:32 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:Sachs predicted the price of oil to $200/barrel, not gas. I don't see how they couldn't be right though. Demand won't go down, and supply won't increase because the dem's won't let us drill anywhere in America.

That is roughly akin to me blaming the fact that Bush didnt sign the Kyoto treaty for global warming. The answer isnt in supply... lower demand = lower prices...

Instead of cutting gas prices by 0.18, give 0.90 a day for everyone taking public transportation. $320 a year that will end up back in the economy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue May 06, 2008 4:38 pm

pez wrote:

That is roughly akin to me blaming the fact that Bush didnt sign the Kyoto treaty for global warming. The answer isnt in supply... lower demand = lower prices...

Instead of cutting gas prices by 0.18, give 0.90 a day for everyone taking public transportation. $320 a year that will end up back in the economy.
Want to lower demand? Simple. Nuke all of China. I'm willing to have Bush take the political heat for it if it means my gas goes back under $1 per gallon. Ahahahahhaha.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2008 4:51 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
pez wrote:

Want to lower demand? Simple. Nuke all of China. I'm willing to have Bush take the political heat for it if it means my gas goes back under $1 per gallon. Ahahahahhaha.

go ahead and do it ... we already know how to make Kung Pao over here and General Tso and Cashew Chicken and Egg foo Whatever that crap is ... We don't need them anymore.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 06, 2008 5:13 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
pez wrote:

Hail Cincy! In for the penny, in for the pound, eh?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue May 06, 2008 5:21 pm

meta4 wrote:Hail Cincy! In for the penny, in for the pound, eh?
Something like that...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon May 12, 2008 9:48 am

China use's more then we do now...reason.....all our company's are now in communist China making shit for us lol

also think about it China has its fingers in everything like our computers and servers all kinds of our products pretty soon all they will have to do to take us down is flip a switch
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon May 12, 2008 9:53 am

Mort wrote:China use's more then we do now...reason.....all our company's are now in communist China making shit for us lol

also think about it China has its fingers in everything like our computers and servers all kinds of our products pretty soon all they will have to do to take us down is flip a switch
That, and then they'll force egg rolls and Kung Pao Chicken on us every day of the week.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon May 12, 2008 9:56 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
That, and then they'll force egg rolls and Kung Pao Chicken on us every day of the week.
And the downside of that would be...?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon May 12, 2008 9:59 am

Markwes wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
And the downside of that would be...?
I hate egg rolls and they put too many vegetables in K.P.C. (plus the "lucky numbers" inside the fortune cookies have failed me time and again at the lottery)...now if they decide to give me nothing but Orange Chicken, I could learn to speak chinese... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon May 12, 2008 11:28 am

an we could all become Commie's Laughing
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 2:12 pm

Iran's avg gas price is under $0.20/gallon... let's go buy from them, ship it here. Regardless of the shipping costs it's be cheaper.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon May 12, 2008 9:08 pm

Um why not switch to Hydrogen or drill in Alaska or get our shit together Evil or Very Mad and make steam cars or solar or anything but fossil fuel....... Embarassed What a Face cyclops
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 13, 2008 9:07 am

Mort wrote:Um why not switch to Hydrogen or drill in Alaska or get our shit together Evil or Very Mad and make steam cars or solar or anything but fossil fuel....... Embarassed What a Face cyclops

Drilling in Alaska will only make more money for those that drill in Alaska... Why sell to the US when you can sell for more $$ in europe? Our dependence on fossil fuels is killing us as a nation... We seriously would not give a sh** about Iraq, Iran, Kuwait etc...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 13, 2008 9:40 am

Someone needs to develop a way to operate vehicles with Robotussin.

It works for everything else...why not!?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 13, 2008 10:39 am

Fleek wrote:Someone needs to develop a way to operate vehicles with Robotussin.

Then we would be rationing Robotussin and what would the meth-heads do? Wait, then Card could sell his meth-cards to the public and irritated Anti-Gates. Do I have that story right from a long long time ago?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 13, 2008 10:53 am

Bman wrote:

Then we would be rationing Robotussin and what would the meth-heads do? Wait, then Card could sell his meth-cards to the public and irritated Anti-Gates. Do I have that story right from a long long time ago?

No way. Just when you think you're out of 'Tussin...add some water, shake it up...more 'Tussin!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 13, 2008 11:34 am

Fleek wrote:
Bman wrote:

No way. Just when you think you're out of 'Tussin...add some water, shake it up...more 'Tussin!

The way I remember it, Anti-Gates was Anti-scratch n' sniff and Card thought it was a great idea... Card was just pissed at his crappy halfway house neighbors at the time... Correct Card?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down