The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ramsay's Kitchen nightmares

5 posters

Go down

Ramsay's Kitchen nightmares Empty Ramsay's Kitchen nightmares

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 8:03 am

Anyone watch this on BBC? He's considerably less annoying in the UK version than the US version.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Ramsay's Kitchen nightmares Empty Re: Ramsay's Kitchen nightmares

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 9:32 am

Is that the UK version of Hell's Kitchen? I watched the US version last week, couldn't stand it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sunny d Tue May 20, 2008 10:38 am

I love this show. Every other word he says is bleeped out. He tells it like it is and doesnt hold anything back. He doesnt try to sugar coat things like most people do. I pretty much only watch the UK one because I always forget they have a US one.

It isnt a UK version of Hell's Kitchen. Gordon goes into existing restaurants that are getting ready to go under and tries to help revive them. He tells them there food is fucking shit and their service sucks ass. He also uses the word bullocks a lot.
sunny d
sunny d
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 10:52 am

Gordon Ramsey is awesome. I love Hell's Kitchen, Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares (both the BBC and US versions)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 12:45 pm

Yeah, this is a cool show. I liked GR a whole lot the first 10 episodes I watched. Then his attitude gets old. You can catch a lot of his stuff from the UK on YouTube.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 1:54 pm

I didn't mind him so much as the other cooks on the show.... to call them all chef's seemed to be a bit of a joke.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Tue May 20, 2008 3:54 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I didn't mind him so much as the other cooks on the show.... to call them all chef's seemed to be a bit of a joke.

If you want to see some better cooking, try "Top Chef" on Bravo. Much, much better than Hell's Kitchen. I occassionally watch KN. I enjoy it when it's on, but don't set out to watch it.
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 5:23 pm

Shopaholic wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:I didn't mind him so much as the other cooks on the show.... to call them all chef's seemed to be a bit of a joke.

If you want to see some better cooking, try "Top Chef" on Bravo. Much, much better than Hell's Kitchen. I occassionally watch KN. I enjoy it when it's on, but don't set out to watch it.

I dont like Hell's Kitchen at all... it's too contrived for reality television. I'm sure that KN is contrived reality television as well, but they at least dont insult your intelligence with it... (ie. Ramsay told me to grow some balls, lets pop to a cameo to tell the camera what I think about it).

Top Chef is good... the only thing I dont like about it is Padma... I cant tell that she really adds much to the show aside from wearing something revlealing enough to show her scar.

I do think it's interesting how different his UK persona is than his US one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Tue May 20, 2008 5:52 pm

pez wrote:
Shopaholic wrote:

I dont like Hell's Kitchen at all... it's too contrived for reality television. I'm sure that KN is contrived reality television as well, but they at least dont insult your intelligence with it... (ie. Ramsay told me to grow some balls, lets pop to a cameo to tell the camera what I think about it).

Top Chef is good... the only thing I dont like about it is Padma... I cant tell that she really adds much to the show aside from wearing something revlealing enough to show her scar.

I do think it's interesting how different his UK persona is than his US one.

I agree about his persona being so different UK vs US. In HK, he looks like an demanding arrogent jerk. In KN, he's more of an honest, well meaning, highly reguarded (F bomb dropping) chef. Padma is the sexual ingredient of Top Chef. Purely eye candy with some knowledge of food.
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 5:56 pm

The Only thing about KN is that his solutions start to sound the same after a while... Simple dishes that can fly out of the kitchen, starts, maincourses, desserts, using fresh, local ingredients... fu** me...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 20, 2008 6:24 pm

pez wrote:The Only thing about KN is that his solutions start to sound the same after a while... Simple dishes that can fly out of the kitchen, starts, maincourses, desserts, using fresh, local ingredients... fu** me...

Yes, well said. I'd say it's a "fly in a jar" kind of cooking show. Ok, so I should cook mushrooms to release the water before I wrap my beef wellington.... I guess I learned one thing from that segment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Wed May 21, 2008 2:37 am

meta4 wrote:Yeah, this is a cool show. I liked GR a whole lot the first 10 episodes I watched. Then his attitude gets old. You can catch a lot of his stuff from the UK on YouTube.

I have to agree with you... the first few times I watched it it was great, then I got sick of listening to him rant rave piss and moan. I would never make it on a show like that b/c as I was bitch slapping him, I would tell him to F*CK OFF!!!
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed May 21, 2008 7:03 am

hehe tell it like it is I like you girl clown
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 21, 2008 9:10 am

iberlingirl wrote:
meta4 wrote:Yeah, this is a cool show. I liked GR a whole lot the first 10 episodes I watched. Then his attitude gets old. You can catch a lot of his stuff from the UK on YouTube.

I have to agree with you... the first few times I watched it it was great, then I got sick of listening to him rant rave piss and moan. I would never make it on a show like that b/c as I was bitch slapping him, I would tell him to F*CK OFF!!!

It's not that ALL harshly delivered criticisms are out of line, but he'll walk into a kitchen he's never been in before and proceed to unload on a cook/chef who he's never met with a string of profanities that would choke a dozen donkeys. Who would expect that coming? Then he ridicules them even more when they try to defend themselves, or tell him to feck off. It's head-shakingly embarrassing to watch.

Did you see the clip where he made sheep brains and "sweetmeats" for his wife and kids?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Wed May 21, 2008 12:09 pm

Mort wrote:hehe tell it like it is I like you girl clown

Yea, I have always been the one my mother never had to worry about and my oldest is now getting to be that way.. which when she is an adult, will be great... but testing mama with her "voicing her opinion, making a stand" may not allow her to live to be an adult... I swear that girl is gonna be the death of me. I now know the horrible torture that I put my mother though.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu May 22, 2008 10:17 am

pay back is a bitch Rolling Eyes
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu May 29, 2008 5:01 pm

I watched a couple of episodes and it is exactly the same advice, the one where he goes and helps the restaurant.

Watched one episode of the Hell's Kitchen, well started to watch it, and just flipped channels.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Fri May 30, 2008 8:52 am

Me too I can stand about 5 mins if that!

The guy is a jerk if he is playing some role he does a poor job
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content