The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oktoberfest

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Oktoberfest Empty Oktoberfest

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:16 pm

I think my daughter (19 months old) was at the chicken dance thingy they had today, still waiting to see if she makes the news..

So besides Fleek's dog.. anyone going down to watch anything or check anything out this week?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Oktoberfest Empty Re: Oktoberfest

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:38 pm

I drank a whole pitcher of beer the last time I was at german fest. That's just how I roll.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:47 pm

Jugomugo wrote:I drank a whole pitcher of beer the last time I was at german fest. That's just how I roll.

only one? what flava?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:58 pm

I don't remember. They had some random german brand, in dark or pilsner.m I had the dark.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:18 am

Jugomugo wrote:I don't remember. They had some random german brand, in dark or pilsner.m I had the dark.

mmmmmm pilsner... easily my favorite style of beer... I used to be a big fan of guiness, and I still have a couple from time to time, but a good pilsner is what (IMHO) beer should be. I've grown very tired of big, dark, stout beers that taste like grass clippings... life is too short to acquire a taste for that kinda stuff.

give me a blonde crisp and very cold pilnser any day.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:56 pm

I took my girls for lunch yesterday... WAS NOT happy having the pay $6 just to get us in the door (parking and entry fee) BUT I was 30 ft in the front door and a guy handed me $5 in tickets... WOOHOO, Mama was happy!!!
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:09 pm

Could FtW possibly explore the idea of observing the tradional season for Oktoberfest?

June...WTF?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:18 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:Could FtW possibly explore the idea of observing the tradional season for Oktoberfest?

June...WTF?

I thought it was germanfest... Fort wayne observes oktoberfest at the munchie.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:06 pm

pez wrote:
Oliver's Army wrote:Could FtW possibly explore the idea of observing the tradional season for Oktoberfest?

June...WTF?

I thought it was germanfest... Fort wayne observes oktoberfest at the munchie.

It is GermanFest, I think some call it OktoberFest for some reason (not the first time that I have heard that)
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:32 pm

It goes againt the laws of nature. Germans are genetically engineered to consume mass quatities of malted hops and pork sausages in freaking OCTOBER, not June.

I'm Irish. Can we move St Pattys to August? I dislike the rainy months. NO, I cannot. It would explode my liver and dilute my Irish gene pool.

So why exactly can't the local Germans celebrate in October anyway?

Because they're fake Germans.

Conspiracy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:40 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:It goes againt the laws of nature. Germans are genetically engineered to consume mass quatities of malted hops and pork sausages in freaking OCTOBER, not June.

I'm Irish. Can we move St Pattys to August? I dislike the rainy months. NO, I cannot. It would explode my liver and dilute my Irish gene pool.

So why exactly can't the local Germans celebrate in October anyway?

Because they're fake Germans.

Conspiracy.

Naw, it's cause there's been a lot of Germans intermingling with the Irish, and vice versa. This causes internal date conflict on the gene level.

I'm German, Irish, and a few others. I want to drink beer and eat pork sausages all year long... AND celebrate while I'm doing it. Smile Ahhh... Heritage!

You Irish... Too whiney...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:46 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:Conspiracy.

Definitely.

More sweat = higher beer sales.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:53 pm

Fleek wrote:

Definitely.

Have you smelled a beer tent in June packed full of seniors in lederhosen?

Welcome to the 5th level of HELL, summer reveler.

All that is needed is a bunch of patouli-reeking deadheads to round out this odiferous nightmare
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:54 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:
Fleek wrote:

Definitely.

Have you smelled a beer tent in June packed full of seniors in lederhosen?

Welcome to the 5th level of HELL, summer reveler.

All that is needed is a bunch of patouli-reeking deadheads to round out this odiferous nightmare

Speaking of which...Dark Star Orchestra will be gracing the stage again at the Three Rivers Festival this year. Patouli galore!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:45 am

Ever been to Greekfest on a hot day? Lots of Greek's and Macedonian's who don't have great hygiene to start eating food that sometimes smells rotten after it's cooked...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:02 am

Several of you crack me up. Do you dab perfume under your own nose when you do Number Two?

Anyone grow up on a Farm? Anyone ever been to a farm? How is it that some can have a cold beer in their hand and yet be unhappy? I'd be content.

I guess some people are really sensitive to smells...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:14 am

I guess I should add the disclaimer that most of my posts are at least 50% tounge in cheek. Sprinkled liberally with sarscam, with dashes of cynicism, bitterness and jaded smarminess to taste.

But yeah...some people reek like cheese and feet. Add beer, sweat and heat and what you have there is damn near explosive. I want to go around and secretly hang those little pine tree fresheners on a few.

I dont mind the farm. I *know* what is going to be there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:19 am

Oliver's Army wrote:I guess I should add the disclaimer that most of my posts are at least 50% tounge in cheek. Sprinkled liberally with sarscam, with dashes of cynicism, bitterness and jaded smarminess to taste.

Agreed. I always get a kick out of reading your posts. Lately Fleek has been on a roll too.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:22 am

Fleek > Oliver's Army

OA - are you and the wifey coming to cheer my wiener on tomorrow?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:44 am

Fleek wrote:Fleek > Oliver's Army

OA - are you and the wifey coming to cheer my wiener on tomorrow?

Unknown. I think there are family plans in the work for the afternoon.

Weather could be an issue and change those plans. It would be last minute decision to go.

If we cant be there to cheer on your wiener, perhaps we could find a time for a private celebratory wiener petting?

Over wine and cheese with "Beaches" on DVD.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:47 am

Oliver's Army wrote:If we cant be there to cheer on your wiener, perhaps we could find a time for a private celebratory wiener petting?
Private celebratory wiener pettings are not only welcomed, but encouraged.

Over wine and cheese with "Beaches" on DVD.

Perfect. I've got the director's cut special edition!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:48 pm

meta4 wrote:Several of you crack me up. Do you dab perfume under your own nose when you do Number Two?

Anyone grow up on a Farm? Anyone ever been to a farm? How is it that some can have a cold beer in their hand and yet be unhappy? I'd be content.

Bman's shit don't stink.. so there's no need to cover it up.

I prefer to not smell nasty smells... do you know anyone who enjoys it? Other than those that make money off it? Like the old owner of Serv-All use to say.. there's good money in that stink.. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:25 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
meta4 wrote:Several of you crack me up. Do you dab perfume under your own nose when you do Number Two?

I prefer to not smell nasty smells... do you know anyone who enjoys it? Other than those that make money off it? Like the old owner of Serv-All use to say.. there's good money in that stink.. lol

LOL make me think of my neighbor, he cleans dog poo for a living (PoopHappens) he says, doesn't smell like shit to me, smells like money!!!!
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:51 pm

iberlingirl wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:

LOL make me think of my neighbor, he cleans dog poo for a living (PoopHappens) he says, doesn't smell like shit to me, smells like money!!!!

Well, shit happens. Smile I mean if I'm in an elevator and Bman rips one, I'm probably gonna say something like "DAMN! What did you eat?!!" to let them know it was quite rude, but if a guy smells like BO, (or a gal, 'cause it would be unfair to discriminate) I still think it stinks, but it doesn't gross me out to the point of vomit. How often does this happen anyway? So my point is that if it's indoors OK that can become overwhelming, but outdoors in the summer at a festival? On a good day you can smell the stench from the river at Headwaters, and IMHO, that's worse than a sweaty barefoot beer-swilling swine-ingesting neighbor. Smile

Reminds me of a kid in Jr. High that pissed himself at school and had to sweat it out all day. Yeah it stunk. I felt bad for him because everyone was making fun of him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:02 pm

Wow, this thread really stinks.

Fleek, have you ever pimped out your weiner to a bitch looking to have her way with him? Could be a big money-maker if he's a stud.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next