The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buh-Bye Joe's Crap Shack...Hello Chappels!

3 posters

Go down

Buh-Bye Joe's Crap Shack...Hello Chappels! Empty Buh-Bye Joe's Crap Shack...Hello Chappels!

Post  Shopaholic Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:37 am

Just in the paper this morning. Chappels is renovating their current location and the old Joe's Crap Shack. Current location will be closed for about 2 weeks for it's reno. I believe the article stated a September 1st opening for the new location. I hope this is true because I'd love to try it out for my birthday, sans children Wink
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Buh-Bye Joe's Crap Shack...Hello Chappels! Empty Re: Buh-Bye Joe's Crap Shack...Hello Chappels!

Post  LTRT Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:01 am

Cool Cool Cool

Glad to see the old Joe's being bought, it has become an eyesore like so many places in town.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Buh-Bye Joe's Crap Shack...Hello Chappels! Empty Re: Buh-Bye Joe's Crap Shack...Hello Chappels!

Post  Guest Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:24 pm

LTRT wrote:Cool Cool Cool

Glad to see the old Joe's being bought, it has become an eyesore like so many places in town.

Chappel's is good but I think I prefer Paula's over Chappels ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:08 pm

Bman wrote:Chappel's is good but I think I prefer Paula's over Chappels ...

I'm pretty even on those two, but the wife prefers Chappel's.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:26 pm

Since I'm hoping to dine at Chapell's sometime, anyone care to make some suggetions?
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:53 pm

I almost always get one of the daily specials. Last time I was there they had a chilean sea bass top with rasberrry gouda cheese sauce ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:23 pm

Dave Chappelle is coming to Fort Wayne?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:35 pm

I'm not sure if I see the place lasting in that location or not...

I've never been to Chapelle's. I'm guessing it's a bit too pricey/uppity for my tastes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:48 pm

Shopaholic wrote:Just in the paper this morning. Chappels is renovating their current location and the old Joe's Crap Shack. Current location will be closed for about 2 weeks for it's reno. I believe the article stated a September 1st opening for the new location. I hope this is true because I'd love to try it out for my birthday, sans children Wink

I've noticed some action at the location, but I'm questioning whether they'll be open by Sept 1st. Whenever they open, it'll be worth the wait. Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:56 pm

LTRT wrote:
Shopaholic wrote:Just in the paper this morning. Chappels is renovating their current location and the old Joe's Crap Shack. Current location will be closed for about 2 weeks for it's reno. I believe the article stated a September 1st opening for the new location. I hope this is true because I'd love to try it out for my birthday, sans children Wink

I've noticed some action at the location, but I'm questioning whether they'll be open by Sept 1st. Whenever they open, it'll be worth the wait. Very Happy

You know, I've been wondering the same thing. Doesn't seem to be much happening. I suppose since I had to open my mouth about trying it for my birthday, it'll be sure to open way late. And I've been hankering some good shrimp for a couple weeks now too!
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:12 am

First Shop ... nice Cookie Cottage cookie there! mmmm

Second, if you want Chappell's for your b-day I would go to the original one on Broadway much much more original. JMHO though
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:31 am

Bman wrote:First Shop ... nice Cookie Cottage cookie there! mmmm

Second, if you want Chappell's for your b-day I would go to the original one on Broadway much much more original. JMHO though

Thanks, I will keep it in mind. I don't get down that way too often, so i pretty much forget that it's down there.
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down