The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moosewood BBQ

4 posters

Go down

Moosewood BBQ Empty Moosewood BBQ

Post  IrishGuy Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:37 pm

The wife and I ate dinner at Moosewood BBQ recently located at the north end of the Marketplace of Canterbury in the old Aspen Coffee House location. It was good, and I'll definitely will go back again. The menu was interesting, alot of choices. I had ribs, sweet potatoe fries and smack n' cheese (smoked mac n' cheese). The ribs weren't the best I've ever had, but good. The smack n' cheese was pretty tasty, definitely worth trying. The wife had a pulled pork wrap and smack n' cheese. My two year old loved her chicken tenders and fries. (I guess it's hard to screw that one up) The place itself is rather small, maybe only a total of 15 tables or so inside, but there is also outdoor seating available...and they have beer, pretty inexpensive beer. $2 domestic bottles, $3 micro/import bottles, $6 pitchers of Miller Lite and I think $8 pitchers of Blue Moon.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Moosewood BBQ Empty Re: Moosewood BBQ

Post  Shopaholic Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Thanks for the review. I'm hoping to get to try it sometime, the smack 'n cheese sounds pretty tasty!
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:14 am

Smack 'N Cheese? Is that even legal?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sunny d Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:03 pm

We went there today after watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives BBQ last night. My son got the Brisket sandwich and I got the pulled pork sandwich. The brisket was really good, but pulled pork tasted like it had been boiled instead of smoked. I also had potato salad, but it was too mustardy. the sweeet potato fries were much better. I was not real impressed with it and probably wont go back.
sunny d
sunny d
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 76

Back to top Go down

Post  Kitchen Slave Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:31 am

I wouldn't expect a WHOLE lot from it as I'm sure a lot of you may have read in Ryan's column, it's ran by the owner of Lucky's/Dickies and the GM, former KM of Lucky's. It's just Munchies re-done again.

Kitchen Slave
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:23 am

i was a fan of munchie's up until they changed... not sure how/why, but it seems to have gone downhill. I was under the assumption it was run by the same people, just not the same ownership.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:44 am

The Munchies on Broadway and in Auburn have always been the same. Those are the "real" Munchies. The ones on Maplecrest and Dupont (now Dicky's Wild Hare and Lucky's Terripan Grill) were Munchies franchises. Kind of a real Munchie, but not quite the same. They are still owened by the same people, just dropped the franchise name.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:14 pm

I'd give Moosewood a 7.5 out of 10. Nothing spectacular but still tasty.

I loved the Smack 'N Cheese.

I wasn't overly impressed with the Sweet Potato Fries.They needed a dipping sauce of some sort but I couldn't figure out what would be good with them.

I, too, ordered the pulled pork. I don't know what happened to yours, sunny, but mine was damn good. I'd order it again, for sure.

The complimentary cornbread was good, as were the collard greens.

The only thing that sucked was the waitress who thought she was the next American Idol. She wouldn't shut the fuck up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum