The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cookie Cottage-Hungry tummies want to know...

+3
LTRT
Cincy Fan 44
Shopaholic
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cookie Cottage-Hungry tummies want to know... Empty Cookie Cottage-Hungry tummies want to know...

Post  Shopaholic Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:35 am

What's your favorite Cookie Cottage cookie?

Frosted sugar cookie. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
And if it's chilly cold right out of the fridge, even better.
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Cookie Cottage-Hungry tummies want to know... Empty Re: Cookie Cottage-Hungry tummies want to know...

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:42 am

I guess for me now it would be anything that is as sugar free as possible and as low in carbs as possible too. But hey, sometimes it's hard to pass up the old standby...chocolate chip or peanut butter.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Cookie Cottage-Hungry tummies want to know... Empty Re: Cookie Cottage-Hungry tummies want to know...

Post  LTRT Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:07 am

ANY cookie from Cookie Cottage is my favorite.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:18 am

LTRT wrote:ANY cookie from Cookie Cottage is my favorite.

Damn this is the second time that I have to say I agree with LTRT. I like going in there to purchase and sampling the cookie pieces on the cake platter. lol

I would have to say my favorite cookie at the cookie cottage are either the butterscotch or the peanut butter chocolate chip.

Speaking of cookies, the Fresh Market's english toffee cookies are rather INCREDIBLE too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:22 am

I've never had a Cookie Cottage cookie. Anyone want to trade for a Roast leg of Lamb?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:23 am

meta4 wrote:I've never had a Cookie Cottage cookie. Anyone want to trade for a Roast leg of Lamb?

huh? How could you have never experienced the joys of a cookie cottage cookie, hell just walking in there and smelling all the cookies is as close to heaven as this sinner will ever get.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:57 am

meta4 wrote:I've never had a Cookie Cottage cookie. Anyone want to trade for a Roast leg of Lamb?

Dude, you need to get your butt to the CC. At least to try something from the sample platter.

Perhaps I should have instructed the hubby to stop by to pick us up a few while he's getting the oil changed in the soccer momobile.

For some reason, I'm hankering a chocolate raspberry frosted cookie this fine summer morn. Or sugar cookie. Who am I kidding, any would do.
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:01 am

Bman wrote:

huh? How could you have never experienced the joys of a cookie cottage cookie, hell just walking in there and smelling all the cookies is as close to heaven as this sinner will ever get.
I think just walking in raises my blood sugar 15 points...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:11 pm

Shopaholic wrote:Dude, you need to get your butt to the CC. At least to try something from the sample platter.

I know where it's at... Ok, Ok... I think I'll head over there tonight and pick up some Thai for dinner and a dozen cookies.

Mama's gonna love this!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:48 pm

meta4 wrote:
Shopaholic wrote:Dude, you need to get your butt to the CC. At least to try something from the sample platter.

I know where it's at... Ok, Ok... I think I'll head over there tonight and pick up some Thai for dinner and a dozen cookies.

Mama's gonna love this!

Oh God ... Baan Thai sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:16 pm

I LOVE CC cookies BUT cannot walk in the building to buy them, the SMELL turns my stomach... it is not a gross smell just WAY TOO SWEET smelling.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Cookie Cottage-Hungry tummies want to know... Empty they suck

Post  whoosieme Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:19 pm

I hate their cookies. They are made with lard now. Id rather pay more and get some that are made with butter.
The very small bakery on E.State right next to Acme has the best cookies and baked goods...pure butter.

whoosieme
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:37 pm

In this day and age they're using lard?

The all butter ones would be excellent.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:51 pm

mmm... lard.

I only use lard in my pie crusts. makes 'em light and fluffy... arrgh! pirat
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:01 pm

whoosieme wrote:I hate their cookies. They are made with lard now. Id rather pay more and get some that are made with butter.
The very small bakery on E.State right next to Acme has the best cookies and baked goods...pure butter.

Proof please. Otherwise it sounds like petty negative campaigning.

I hear that other bakery uses baby kittens in THEIR cookies.

ps...I know the owners of the OTHER place.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Do they call the cookies Kitty Paws Chocky Chip? lol!
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Cookie Cottage-Hungry tummies want to know... Empty hello??

Post  whoosieme Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:15 pm

Proof? Hell all ya have to do is taste them....lard taste like lard and butter taste like butter....doh.

whoosieme
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:34 pm

whoosieme wrote:Proof? Hell all ya have to do is taste them....lard taste like lard and butter taste like butter....doh.

FAIL.

Ever had movie popcorn?

You can make motor oil taste like butter.

DOH on that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:45 pm

I have found that lard makes a better cookie, at least with the ones we have made at home.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Cookie Cottage-Hungry tummies want to know... Empty no doh for me

Post  whoosieme Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:22 pm

Movie popcorn does NOT taste like real butter....so there.
Plus the texture of the cookie is a big give away. If you want soft cookies use lard. For crisp cookies use butter.

whoosieme
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:01 pm

So for a soft tasty cookie I need to go to Cookie Cottage.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:31 am

I went there last night and got a dozen...

... they were goooooooooood! Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:48 am

meta4 wrote:I went there last night and got a dozen...

Glad to hear you like them! What kind did you get?
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:06 am

Shopaholic wrote:
meta4 wrote:I went there last night and got a dozen...

Glad to hear you like them! What kind did you get?

I got:
3 frosted sugah, like your avvy
2 buttahscotch
1 oatmeal choc. chip (for wifey) it was the last one
3 peanut buttah
3 snickerdoodle

My faves were the frosted sugah and the buttahscotch
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:17 am

I believe you meant to type "Lardscotch"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next