The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ribs, Ribs, Ribs

2 posters

Go down

Ribs, Ribs, Ribs Empty Ribs, Ribs, Ribs

Post  Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:25 pm

So where do you buy your ribs around here? I'm wanting to try my hand at them this fall and I've been reading up on different ideas on how to cook them, just don't know where a good place to buy is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Ribs, Ribs, Ribs Empty Re: Ribs, Ribs, Ribs

Post  Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:30 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:So where do you buy your ribs around here? I'm wanting to try my hand at them this fall and I've been reading up on different ideas on how to cook them, just don't know where a good place to buy is.

I've heard Sam's Club is has some really good quality Beef ribs, if that's your thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:39 pm

I tried ribs a couple times over the summer, once from Scotts and the other from Jamisons. Both were good. I like pork ribs myself, but if you're into beef, they are probably good too.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:43 pm

Not sure if they have ribs, but I have never had a bad cut of meat from Fresh Market

Ever.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Go with pork ribs, baby backs to start out with. Sam's Club has some good ones. They come in three racks per pack. The one setback with Sam's ribs is that the membrane is still attached, therefore you will need to peel that off before cooking. The specialty butcher shops will remove the membrane but they always cost more at Jamison's, Dave Hill's, etc.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:36 am

sorry.. yes.. I'm wanting to make Baby Back Ribs... now I'm going to have to go to Ziffles for lunch..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum