The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Students without booster shots face suspension

3 posters

Go down

Students without booster shots face suspension Empty Students without booster shots face suspension

Post  iberlingirl Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:42 pm

I vaccinate my children, but I have a HUGE issue with this article. I have friends who refuse to vaccinate their children for fear of damage/disease, etc. (one friend has a family history of autism) I do not feel that the GOV should have any say in this type of personal decision.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/health&id=6408509

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A new state law could keep thousands of North Carolina sixth graders out of school. Students have one day to get caught up on their immunizations.

More than 2,000 Triangle sixth graders need to get a newly required vaccination by the end of today. Triangle schools are holding a last minute round of health clinics to help students get the shot before the risk of suspension from school.
According to the law, any student entering grade six after August 1, 2008, must get a booster shot if they haven't had one in the past five years.
(MORE TO ARTICLE)
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Students without booster shots face suspension Empty Re: Students without booster shots face suspension

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:21 pm

I thought it was required by our gov't that you have to get shots before you start school? Didn't look like they defined what kind of "booster" shot was being required (MMR? TB? Chicken Pox? Barackatosis? McSame-itis? Hepatitus?).

I'd rather have the shots required so that my kids are protected as much as possible.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Students without booster shots face suspension Empty Re: Students without booster shots face suspension

Post  Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:14 pm

I'd say, if you want to keep the government out of the school, keep your kids out of the government.

I see nothing wrong with requiring kids to be up to date on their shots. Dogs have to be up to date to play in the dog parks. What's the difference?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:29 am

it was a huge deal when the childhood shots were all mercury based. but that isnt the case any more . the only shot i am aware of that still is would be the flu vaccine..never had one and never will because of the mercury.

since the mercury was the suspected autism link, whats up with refusing the shots now? i think the autism link was much more than a conspiracy theory. but fyi...a woman in the early stage of pregnancy exposed to rubella ("german" measles) even casually is at high risk for specific likely fatal birth defects for her child. surely there are other factual examples i just dont know about right now..but i think the shots are in the public best interest.

unless there is an ingredient still strongly suspected of causing any long term health problem?
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:26 am

floridafun wrote:it was a huge deal when the childhood shots were all mercury based. but that isnt the case any more . the only shot i am aware of that still is would be the flu vaccine..never had one and never will because of the mercury.

since the mercury was the suspected autism link, whats up with refusing the shots now? i think the autism link was much more than a conspiracy theory. but fyi...a woman in the early stage of pregnancy exposed to rubella ("german" measles) even casually is at high risk for specific likely fatal birth defects for her child. surely there are other factual examples i just dont know about right now..but i think the shots are in the public best interest.

unless there is an ingredient still strongly suspected of causing any long term health problem?
I agree 100%, *w/required shots* my point was that not all parents agree and I for one, do not like anyone telling to do something to my children, that I feel is so dangerous. (I don't feel that way, just expressing how someone who disagrees might react)
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:23 am

i dont like the forcing the shots either really...but because of some known consequences and because the mercury is removed i am a little less ballistic about it than i was several years ago Basketball
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down