The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[R] Pol Suggests Paying Poor Women to Tie Tubes

3 posters

Go down

[R] Pol Suggests Paying Poor Women to Tie Tubes Empty [R] Pol Suggests Paying Poor Women to Tie Tubes

Post  Guest Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:47 pm

As Hurricane Gustav loomed off the coast of Louisiana, thousands of impoverished people flocked into shelters, where some of them seemed unprepared to take care of their young children's basic needs, forgetting to bring along diapers or medicine.

That heartbreaking scenario inspired Louisiana Republican State Rep. John LaBruzzo to start thinking about ways to stem generational welfare, in which many welfare recipients have children who also end up dependent on government assistance, according to the representative.

His idea -- giving $1,000 to poor women to undergo reproductive sterilization by Fallopian tube ligation -- is stirring up controversy among some medical professionals, who say that the proposal is offensive and smacks of long-discredited eugenics programs.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=5886592&page=1

Quite the amusing tale, since the republicans are always talking about eugenics and Planned Parenthood, and then one of their own comes out in support of eugenics.

On a side note, I think it's a great plan. Until someone sues the state wanting a tubal reversion or something and the state won't pay for it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

[R] Pol Suggests Paying Poor Women to Tie Tubes Empty Re: [R] Pol Suggests Paying Poor Women to Tie Tubes

Post  floridafun Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:35 am

aside from the fact there is no possibility for this to become a reality....

obviously it was a group of men who came up with the idea. "fixing" a man is much cheaper, less risky and less physically traumatic for the body.

soooo the boys are saying dont dick with my dick but make the sluts sterile. hmmmm.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

[R] Pol Suggests Paying Poor Women to Tie Tubes Empty Re: [R] Pol Suggests Paying Poor Women to Tie Tubes

Post  moondrop Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:54 pm

I just hope Jug is already fixed. affraid

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:22 am

floridafun wrote:aside from the fact there is no possibility for this to become a reality....

obviously it was a group of men who came up with the idea. "fixing" a man is much cheaper, less risky and less physically traumatic for the body.

soooo the boys are saying dont dick with my dick but make the sluts sterile. hmmmm.
I agree with you but I also say, $1, 000 versus a $$$ to raise a child to 18yrs old. Seems pretty straight forward to me.
I have a friend who DID NOT want child, she was on welfare and begged and please to "get fixed" she was only 21yo and they would not do it. I never understood that.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down