The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOP Voter Disenfranchisement in Indiana

2 posters

Go down

GOP Voter Disenfranchisement in Indiana Empty GOP Voter Disenfranchisement in Indiana

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:00 pm

The GOP tried to stop early voting in democratic areas and has failed. Sensibility reigns.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/10/indiana_supreme_court_wont_sto.php
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

GOP Voter Disenfranchisement in Indiana Empty Re: GOP Voter Disenfranchisement in Indiana

Post  LTRT Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:06 pm

"Sensibility reigns", it does doesn't it.

Analysis found voter registration fraud

Updated: Oct 27, 2008 03:54 PM EDT

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- The Indiana secretary of state's office says it has found evidence of "multiple criminal violations" in connection with voter registration applications in Lake County.

Secretary of State Todd Rokita says they include possible violations of state and federal racketeering laws.

Rokita wrote a letter to federal, state and local prosecutors last week asking them to open a criminal investigation into registration applications filed by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN. He says of the 1,438 voter registration applications his office investigated, 61 percent had problems such as incomplete data or indications of fraud or forgery.

Rokita says 30 percent of the applications included information that was obviously incorrect, incomplete or illegible. He calls it a "fraud perpetrated on all of the people of Indiana."

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

GOP Voter Disenfranchisement in Indiana Empty Re: GOP Voter Disenfranchisement in Indiana

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:29 pm

So sayeth the republican Todd Rokita. 61% of 1,438 applications had "issues" ... You guys will reach for any straw.

Indiana is no longer red, I won't call it blue it but it sure looks purple to me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:30 pm

I'd be willing to bet that there are faulty registrations. Whether or not its criminal seems pretty questionable to me. But I mean... the Republicans know how to rig elections, so they should know right?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:33 pm

Jugomugo wrote:I'd be willing to bet that there are faulty registrations. Whether or not its criminal seems pretty questionable to me. But I mean... the Republicans know how to rig elections, so they should know right?

It's not important whether they are criminal or not. The mere fact that he penned a letter asking for investigation is a notch in his belt... friggin' bandwaggonin' cherry pickin' politic'n...

If any good does come out of this, it will be legislation that requires a state issued ID card in order to vote. That ID# used on registrations and/or voting will end all arguments. Must renew the ID card every 4 years means that you'll have to be in an Indiana BMV office sometime within the 4 year period with the same ID requirements that are required for Drivers Licenses. No more deceased voter bullshit, etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:41 pm

meta4 wrote:If any good does come out of this, it will be legislation that requires a state issued ID card in order to vote. That ID# used on registrations and/or voting will end all arguments. Must renew the ID card every 4 years means that you'll have to be in an Indiana BMV office sometime within the 4 year period with the same ID requirements that are required for Drivers Licenses. No more deceased voter bullshit, etc.
I think that's fair. cheers
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:52 pm

I originally had my concerns about the Voter ID system, but I fully support it now. It's not hard to go to the BMV and get an ID card if you don't have a license.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:53 pm

As a matter of clarification... ACORN does not register voters. The state's take the applications and register voters. Thus, the process falls on the state.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:If any good does come out of this, it will be legislation that requires a state issued ID card in order to vote. That ID# used on registrations and/or voting will end all arguments. Must renew the ID card every 4 years means that you'll have to be in an Indiana BMV office sometime within the 4 year period with the same ID requirements that are required for Drivers Licenses. No more deceased voter bullshit, etc.
I think that's fair. cheers
Could someone give Donald, Goofy, Mickey, and Al Capone a heads up that there might be some legislation coming from on high, so they'd better get their ID cards now???
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down