The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sour Grapes

+2
Markwes
Cincy Fan 44
6 posters

Go down

Sour Grapes Empty Sour Grapes

Post  Guest Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:31 am

I am amazed at how quickly some on this board started heaving (sp?) sour grapes toward our new President Barack Obama. If John McCain had won and FF, Mort, Pez, Meta or me had started knocking President-elect McCain on November 5th. LTRT and Markwes would be all up in arms but since they lost they seem ok with the negativity.

I say ... sour grapes and poor losers. Heck Card quit the board rather than have his come to Jesus moment here and I think the Pro-Obama crowd has been tame in our gloating.

YES WE CAN .... YES WE DID!!!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sour Grapes Empty Re: Sour Grapes

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:58 am

I hear what you're saying Bman, but I also remember FF already saying that if McCain/Palin won, Palin wouldn't be her VP just as Cheney isn't. What kind of attitude is that? That's her opinion to have and I respect her for it. Time to move forward and let's do what is in the best interests of the United States. But keep in mind, if there start to be legitimate questionable decisions made by the incoming admin, don't think for a second they won't be questioned by the Board. After all, it's what some loved to do with bushco.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:24 pm

Bman wrote:I am amazed at how quickly some on this board started heaving (sp?) sour grapes toward our new President Barack Obama. If John McCain had won and FF, Mort, Pez, Meta or me had started knocking President-elect McCain on November 5th. LTRT and Markwes would be all up in arms but since they lost they seem ok with the negativity.

I say ... sour grapes and poor losers. Heck Card quit the board rather than have his come to Jesus moment here and I think the Pro-Obama crowd has been tame in our gloating.

If you are including me, please enlighten me as to any sour grapes I have exhibited since the election. On the contrary, I'd say I've moved on pretty well and waiting to see what he does.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:15 pm

Bman wrote:I am amazed at how quickly some on this board started heaving (sp?) sour grapes toward our new President Barack Obama. If John McCain had won and FF, Mort, Pez, Meta or me had started knocking President-elect McCain on November 5th. LTRT and Markwes would be all up in arms but since they lost they seem ok with the negativity.

Bman wrote:...I think the Pro-Obama crowd has been tame in our gloating.

That I will agree with, BUT otherwise a very hypocritical post.

For starters, in the new political topics category, there are 30+ anti-GOP, anti-McCain-Palin topics of which over 1/2 you started. Secondly, ever since I joined the old board which morphed into this board, we have heard NOTHING BUT anti-GOP, bush-bashing, bush-hatred, name calling (bushco, war-monger, etc). Hats off to the Real Board for no religion thread, b/c we know there'd be anti-Christian topics galore.

Just the other day in one of the topics, the argument arose over double standards. If this isn't and you aren't I don't know what is. I pose questions to you in numerous posts and all you have is the same response full of insults and negativity towards those of us that don't believe what democrats believe in. And to add insult to injury other posters will chime in with their snide remarks towards me and others.

On occasion, when discussed, you make the statement about heated debate...does that mean neither party must not display negativity? Just the other day Mort spoke of needing both those from the left and right. So are you saying only the left gets to post negative posts? Speaking of which, I think it'll be a long time before I would even be within arms reach of your negativity towards the current Pres, administration, GOP, and any issue not in agreement with the left. Do you want me to leave the board, so they'll be even more slant to the left? That's a funny thing we've got on this board, if the left attacks, insults and post negatively, it's a riot, some posters even refer to it as stirring the pot. But let someone from the right, we're sore losers. What a joke!

With regards,
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:37 am

good post LTRT

So there! cheers
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:37 pm

LTRT wrote:

Bman wrote:...I think the Pro-Obama crowd has been tame in our gloating.

That I will agree with, BUT otherwise a very hypocritical post.

For starters, in the new political topics category, there are 30+ anti-GOP, anti-McCain-Palin topics of which over 1/2 you started. Secondly, ever since I joined the old board which morphed into this board, we have heard NOTHING BUT anti-GOP, bush-bashing, bush-hatred, name calling (bushco, war-monger, etc). Hats off to the Real Board for no religion thread, b/c we know there'd be anti-Christian topics galore.

Just the other day in one of the topics, the argument arose over double standards. If this isn't and you aren't I don't know what is. I pose questions to you in numerous posts and all you have is the same response full of insults and negativity towards those of us that don't believe what democrats believe in. And to add insult to injury other posters will chime in with their snide remarks towards me and others.

On occasion, when discussed, you make the statement about heated debate...does that mean neither party must not display negativity? Just the other day Mort spoke of needing both those from the left and right. So are you saying only the left gets to post negative posts? Speaking of which, I think it'll be a long time before I would even be within arms reach of your negativity towards the current Pres, administration, GOP, and any issue not in agreement with the left. Do you want me to leave the board, so they'll be even more slant to the left? That's a funny thing we've got on this board, if the left attacks, insults and post negatively, it's a riot, some posters even refer to it as stirring the pot. But let someone from the right, we're sore losers. What a joke!

With regards,

Awesome post, but you know there is nothing in between Buttman's ears to catch what you have said. affraid affraid

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:01 pm

A well contructed post LTRT... I personally think things will simmer down quite a bit after the election becomes further in the past...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:15 pm

Mort wrote:good post LTRT

So there! cheers
moondrop wrote:Awesome post, ...
pez wrote:A well contructed post LTRT...

Thank you very much!
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:53 am

LTRT wrote:
Mort wrote:good post LTRT

So there! cheers
moondrop wrote:Awesome post, ...
pez wrote:A well contructed post LTRT...

Thank you very much!

well you got kudo's from 2 people with brains geek

seems to me regardless of who started which threads, we have all been adamant in what matters to us. jumped in with facts, speculation, sarcasm, whatever at every opportunity. i dont think either side did it more than the other. its a topic we all rightly are much concerned about.

far as the comment about the negativity from the left toward the current administration..now that they have the lowest rating on history i think there are a whole lot of folks, far left/far right and plenty in between who are in agreement about their failures and deception and fear-based control attempts. so we shouldnt talk about what we dont like about them? they are all but history now and they are fair game for discussion as much as any other admin from the past.

my only frustration here on the board thru the election cycle has been...when questions about the republican candidates (and current same-party admin) have been asked they are met mostly with degradation and nonfactual smearing of the dem candidate rather than simple discussion of positives of their own party/candidate of choice. when questions have been asked about obama, a few of us have jumped in and posted why we support him, what characteristics and experience we like, facts about his voting records. we were mocked and rediculed for being proud of and excited about our candidate.

hmmmmm.... those who were best at dishing stuff out before their candidate lost think it should not happen any more? does it mean now that the voters of america made their choice we should not discuss issues and questions from the recent past because somebodys little feelings might get bruised? i for one wouldnt encourage you to leave the board..but i would say nobody here has made any stronger attacks than you so why the fuck are you feeling like its a big deal only if it comes from the opposing view?? Basketball
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:59 am

floridafun wrote:so why the fuck

*dust settles*

good question! Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:08 am

If I remember correctly, I was one of the first to admonish the Obama camp with the notion that he needs to show up with the goods... so far so good, too soon to tell...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:52 am

pez wrote:If I remember correctly, I was one of the first to admonish the Obama camp with the notion that he needs to show up with the goods... so far so good, too soon to tell...

i agree with your recollection pez...BUT you were not one who continuously smeared and jeered everything-obama while refusing to provide facts or positives about the candidate(s) of your choice.

the inclusion of the "agreeing with ltr" post was, as i noted, kudo's to him for having 2 out of 3 folks with good sense who were in agreement with him-meant to credit his thought out post and my respect for 2 of the 3 who commented, it went on to give my response to what he posted..guess i should have done 2 different comments sunny
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:07 pm

floridafun wrote:
pez wrote:If I remember correctly, I was one of the first to admonish the Obama camp with the notion that he needs to show up with the goods... so far so good, too soon to tell...

i agree with your recollection pez...BUT you were not one who continuously smeared and jeered everything-obama while refusing to provide facts or positives about the candidate(s) of your choice.

the inclusion of the "agreeing with ltr" post was, as i noted, kudo's to him for having 2 out of 3 folks with good sense who were in agreement with him-meant to credit his thought out post and my respect for 2 of the 3 who commented, it went on to give my response to what he posted..guess i should have done 2 different comments sunny

LOL... I didnt agree with LTRT, I just through it was a good post :-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:21 pm

pez wrote:
LOL... I didnt agree with LTRT, I just through it was a good post :-)
You know, she hasn't specified who the 2 out of 3 with good sense are yet. alien
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:12 pm

neither of the ones with brains are on my foe list..its reserved for she who leaps across the moon at every opportunity rendeer pig
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: