The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Richardson named to Obama cabinet

5 posters

Go down

Bill Richardson named to Obama cabinet Empty Bill Richardson named to Obama cabinet

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:32 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081202/pl_nm/us_usa_obama_richardson

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President-elect Barack Obama is expected to nominate New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson to head the Commerce Department, a senior Democratic source said on Tuesday.

Obama is expected to announce the appointment during a news conference scheduled for 1140 EST/1640 GMT on Wednesday in Chicago, his fifth since he began naming nominees for his Cabinet.

The appointment of Richardson, a former U.N. ambassador and energy secretary who became an Obama supporter earlier this year after dropping his own presidential bid, would make him the first Hispanic named to Obama's rapidly filling Cabinet.

Last week Obama announced members of his economic team including his nominee for Treasury secretary, New York Federal Reserve President Timothy Geithner, and this week he unveiled his national security team including his designate for Secretary of State, New York Sen. Hillary Clinton.

Richardson, 61, had been a contender for the secretary of state post that went to his former Democratic presidential rival Clinton, but at Commerce he will play a key role in efforts to revive the faltering U.S. economy.
CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE...oops, wasn't he part of the Clinton cabinet? Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Bill Richardson named to Obama cabinet Empty Re: Bill Richardson named to Obama cabinet

Post  Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:37 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

I guess because of all this ranting about CHANGE that you were voting anti-Clinton? Hmm? C'mon, IYHO please!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Bill Richardson named to Obama cabinet Empty Re: Bill Richardson named to Obama cabinet

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:46 pm

meta4 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

I guess because of all this ranting about CHANGE that you were voting anti-Clinton? Hmm? C'mon, IYHO please!
You're right...I'm more anti-Clinton than anything. I've never been a fan of theirs since 1992 (or before for that matter). Don't ask me for a laundry list of their transgressions that I hold against them. Let's just say I don't like them whatsoever and leave it at that. That's my HONEST opinion.

I have nothing against Richardson...just found it ironic that we were told CHANGE comes to Washington, not from Washington...and this guy has been part of Washington. Double-speak. Suspect

But I'm sure others will tell me that Obama himself is the CHANGE that comes to Washington.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:53 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

You're right...I'm more anti-Clinton than anything. I've never been a fan of theirs since 1992 (or before for that matter). Don't ask me for a laundry list of their transgressions that I hold against them. Let's just say I don't like them whatsoever and leave it at that. That's my HONEST opinion.

I have nothing against Richardson...just found it ironic that we were told CHANGE comes to Washington, not from Washington...and this guy has been part of Washington. Double-speak. Suspect

But I'm sure others will tell me that Obama himself is the CHANGE that comes to Washington.

I've read a couple laundry lists re: The Clintons, and you and I would probably agree about 99% of all the issues. HONESTLY, I expected to hear more from you about Hillary re: Bill's numerous "business" ties that may negatively affect our incoming President's foreign policy as much as "W's" associates affected our recent past.

A little more seriously... you didn't really expect to see a cabinet and WH staff full of no name newbies did you?

Not trying to sound like Bman, but the question that comes to my mind is rather pragmatic... Who would you have rather seen in this Commerce Dept. position?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:58 pm

meta4 wrote:A little more seriously... you didn't really expect to see a cabinet and WH staff full of no name newbies did you?
Actually I was hoping for William Ayers to be named the Secretary of Defense...nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.

meta4 wrote:Not trying to sound like Bman, but the question that comes to my mind is rather pragmatic... Who would you have rather seen in this Commerce Dept. position?
You got me... Bill Richardson named to Obama cabinet 56886
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:07 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:A little more seriously... you didn't really expect to see a cabinet and WH staff full of no name newbies did you?
Actually I was hoping for William Ayers to be named the Secretary of Defense...nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.

meta4 wrote:Not trying to sound like Bman, but the question that comes to my mind is rather pragmatic... Who would you have rather seen in this Commerce Dept. position?

1. You know, stranger things have happened. You know what they say about keeping your friends close and your enemies closer...

2. Resistance is futile, but we like to watch. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:17 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

amazing..a whole new cincy has emerged now...whine about who gets the job but no ideas on who may have been a better consideration; whine because the only high-level experienced non-neocons from the last 20 years were involved with those evil clintons, and were given consideration and a thorough vetting by obama camp; whine about people expecting poor cincy to actually THINK about it and have a thought other than..oh this one was associated with clinton=evil; why am i surprised that cincy is sooo uh thinking his own way would be much better..then cant specify his own way? santa
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:50 pm

I think you're taking my comments WAAAAAYYYY too seriously. Put the claws back (or at least trim them some). Wink
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:10 am

I don't think Cincy is applying any more stringent standards than were taken to vet the RPC's choice for VP. Really, I see it as him applying rather *gentle* pressure at this point. Very Happy

Fair is fair.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:31 pm

How about this...I'll say something POSITIVE about the cabinet nominees. Good to know they have EXPERIENCE that he can tap into. cheers
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:29 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:How about this...I'll say something POSITIVE about the cabinet nominees. Good to know they have EXPERIENCE that he can tap into. cheers

Sure it is something positive, but do you believe it? Suspect
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:01 pm

I was kind of hoping Bill Richardson would have been named SOS. They want to cut back on government, getting rid of the commerce department would be a good start.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:08 pm

Canuck wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:How about this...I'll say something POSITIVE about the cabinet nominees. Good to know they have EXPERIENCE that he can tap into. cheers

Sure it is something positive, but do you believe it? Suspect
Affirmative.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:37 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I think you're taking my comments WAAAAAYYYY too seriously. Put the clause back. Wink

fixed that for ya santa

i dont take it too seriously..just say what i think at the time tongue
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:25 am

What a Face Bill Richardson named to Obama cabinet 795451
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down