The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bush's Ponzi Scheme

3 posters

Go down

Bush's Ponzi Scheme Empty Bush's Ponzi Scheme

Post  Guest Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:44 am

GREAT read ... take the time to read. Here is a clip ...

THREE days after the world learned that $50 billion may have disappeared in Bernie Madoff’s Ponzi scheme, The Times led its front page of Dec. 14 with the revelation of another $50 billion rip-off. This time the vanished loot belonged to American taxpayers. That was our collective contribution to the $117 billion spent (as of mid-2008) on Iraq reconstruction — a sinkhole of corruption, cronyism, incompetence and outright theft that epitomized Bush management at home and abroad.

The link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/11/opinion/11rich.html?_r=1&emc=eta1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Bush's Ponzi Scheme Empty Re: Bush's Ponzi Scheme

Post  LTRT Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:53 am

Frank Rich.... lol!

Hey Bman, the election is over, your guy won. I would hope you would indulge us with more promises from BHO, then continue to run off with the Bush bashing. Cool I think we get your (the left's) point. Bush's Ponzi Scheme 810511
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:07 pm

I think the main point of the article can be summed up in this paragraph...

What’s most remarkable about the Times article, however, is how little stir it caused. When, in 1971, The Times got its hands on the Pentagon Papers, the internal federal history of the Vietnam disaster, the revelations caused a national uproar. But after eight years of battering by Bush, the nation has been rendered half-catatonic. The Iraq Pentagon Papers sank with barely a trace.

Doesn't sound like Bush bashing as much as it sounds like the Iraq war reconstruction effort was/is about as legitimate as Madoff's ponzi scheme.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:35 pm

LTRT wrote:Frank Rich.... lol!

Hey Bman, the election is over, your guy won. I would hope you would indulge us with more promises from BHO, then continue to run off with the Bush bashing. Cool I think we get your (the left's) point. Bush's Ponzi Scheme 810511

What that my point is that Bush/Cheney are big fat liars who mislead the country and put us on a path of ultimate destruction?

So you don't like Frank Rich but we know who and what you read ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:52 pm

Good article... I was pleased to hear the Obama quote....

... The president-elect himself struck this note last spring. “If crimes have been committed, they should be investigated,” Barack Obama said. “I would not want my first term consumed by what was perceived on the part of Republicans as a partisan witch hunt, because I think we’ve got too many problems we’ve got to solve.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:27 pm

pez wrote:Good article... I was pleased to hear the Obama quote....

... The president-elect himself struck this note last spring. “If crimes have been committed, they should be investigated,” Barack Obama said. “I would not want my first term consumed by what was perceived on the part of Republicans as a partisan witch hunt, because I think we’ve got too many problems we’ve got to solve.”
I think he stole that from "The American President" where Michael Douglas makes his big speech at the end of the movie saying something like "America has serious problems, and they need addressed by serious people.... My name is (can't remember his character's name) and I AM the President of the United States." (Thunderous applause!)

Regardless, I like the quote and I like that type of attitude. Smile
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Regardless, I like the quote and I like that type of attitude. Smile

Ahh yesss.... the Kool-Aid is working.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:56 pm

meta4 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Regardless, I like the quote and I like that type of attitude. Smile

Ahh yesss.... the Kool-Aid is working.
Bush's Ponzi Scheme 56897 Bush's Ponzi Scheme 64140
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:33 pm

i posted a link to the circulating draft of this same report in recent weeks..when someone here was gonna tell their soldier friend who is over fighting patriotically for our freedom how i the commie un-american liar call our soldiers rapists and killers (and proved there is a good percent that admit it).

comments were made about the great rebuilding that had and is still going on and someone posted some wanna-be iffy link. i posted info on the draft for this report. there was alot of press about this stuff a couple years ago..but it apparently got ignored during the heat of the primaries and election. i am glad it is brought up again. just because there is a new president coming in doesnt mean we should sweep under the rug all the horror and illegalities generated by bush/cheney team. they need to be held accountable for many things.

i particularly recall my link referenced
"Back in 2003, Powell said, the Defense Department just “kept inventing numbers of Iraqi security forces — the number would jump 20,000 a week! ‘We now have 80,000, we now have 100,000, we now have 120,000.’ ” Those of us who questioned these astonishing numbers were dismissed as fools"
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: