The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama's first order of business should be...

+4
LTRT
Markwes
floridafun
Cincy Fan 44
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Obama's first order of business should be... Empty Obama's first order of business should be...

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:49 pm

What is the MOST important topic Team Obamaco (for you floridafun Wink ) should tackle after his inauguration?

1) U.S. Economy
2) Digital TV Deadline
3) Conflict between Israel and Hamas
4) Closing Gitmo
5) War in Iraq/Afghanistan
6) Finding someone to replace Bill Richardson (if he hasn't done so already)
7) Finding a dog for Sasha and Melia
8 ) Something else?

I say the economy. Seems like that is the MOST important thing to worry about CHANGING!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Obama's first order of business should be... Empty Re: Obama's first order of business should be...

Post  floridafun Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:12 am

in his first maybe several months or so here is my expectations to-do list. i believe he can multitask and work hard on more than one thing at a time. i dont expect all these to be neatly completed but i want a workable plan being phased in with visibility, and a bit of stability in americas end of the financial fiasco.

1) U.S. Economy--my hope for one of the first things to be worked on, combined with my #9.
2) Digital TV Deadline--he has already submitted a request on this, pre-prez.
3) Conflict between Israel and Hamas--wait and see on this, why should we dive in?
4) Closing Gitmo--already said its a priority, gates said its already in review for how and when, pre-prez.
5) War in Iraq/Afghanistan--i hope he talks to other countries first far as Afghanistan goes. i am leary of that.
6) Finding someone to replace Bill Richardson (if he hasn't done so already)--i agree. no clues yet..hmmm!
7) Finding a dog for Sasha and Melia--i suspect this will happen in the first couple weeks.
8 ) Something else?--dont ask dont tell needs stricken down, and it needs to be clear there is to be no discrimination against gays in the military, supported this idea pre-prez.
9) get started in infrastructure work with Americans only as employees, try to get as much material as possible produced here in USA by Americans only.
10) let his scientists report their actual findings as opposed to the last 8 years.
11) get some freaking scrutiny into the bailout spending and overhaul their regulations.
12) by his late 2nd or early in 3rd year hit heavy with new health care.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Obama's first order of business should be... Empty Re: Obama's first order of business should be...

Post  Markwes Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:03 am

It doesn't matter, as long as there is CHANGE.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:34 am

floridafun wrote:2) Digital TV Deadline--he has already submitted a request on this, pre-prez.

Why should the entire country have to wait because of a relatively small number of the country's population decided to wait until the last minute? scratch

IMHO, don't think that it will be extended. As the world turns... Smile
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:31 pm

uh...maybe because its a realistic recognition that those affected are perhaps the neediest among us? why is it a big deal to delay it? isnt it just another big-guv intrusion in the lives of good patriotic americans??? king
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:15 pm

floridafun wrote:uh...maybe because its a realistic recognition that those affected are perhaps the neediest among us? why is it a big deal to delay it? isnt it just another big-guv intrusion in the lives of good patriotic americans??? king
Look at this way. Every TV station in the country has budgeted to turn off their old analog transmitters on Feb. 17. I don't have the exact numbers, but those things cost A LOT of money to run on a monthly basis. If the deadline is extended, suddenly budgets are wrecked for the TV stations and then there is a real potential of staff having to be laid off to compensate for the added expense. Or at the very least, stations will cut back on other expenditures which will affect the economy. Big deal? You bet.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:28 pm

If you:

a. are senile to the point that you haven't comprehended the thousands of warnings that have been issued about the switch to digital AND
b. have no family or friends to assist you with it AND
c. have an older television with no cable or satellite service,

then I say you have more problems to worry about then if your shows are going to be unavailable.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:16 am

floridafun wrote:uh...maybe because its a realistic recognition that those affected are perhaps the neediest among us? why is it a big deal to delay it? isnt it just another big-guv intrusion in the lives of good patriotic americans??? king

I think it'll be a big deal, and fiscally irresponsible to move the date back. Poor or not, the benefit to the "poor little old couple" is negligible... maybe a few months before they MUST buy another tuner. The financial cost to delay again... probably in the millions.

...Life, Liberty, and Free broadcast digital TV.. I don't think so.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:33 am

Markwes wrote:If you:

a. are senile to the point that you haven't comprehended the thousands of warnings that have been issued about the switch to digital AND

then I say you have more problems to worry about then if your shows are going to be unavailable.

Hehe great post markwes Very Happy cheers
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:53 am

Markwes wrote:If you:

The odds are pretty good that if the above is true, then that is ALL such a person has to worry about... the last thing that rocked their world is when Drew Carey took over the price is right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:58 pm

un.....and who added the #13 to my list? Obama's first order of business should be... 894597
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:04 pm

floridafun wrote:un.....and who added the #13 to my list? Obama's first order of business should be... 894597

I was only the tiniest bit surprised by that. I haven't touched the topic in this thread because (IMO) it's still too polarized.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:05 pm

affraid farao
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:07 pm

Did someone really edit your post or were you just being cheeky?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:24 am

meta4 wrote:Did someone really edit your post or were you just being cheeky?

I did not ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:43 am

someone did...keep in mind i am the only one here who doesnt support legalizing marijuana. i laughed..it isnt like they altered my wording in anything i thought was a big deal..i thought it was a test and i passed drunken jocolor
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:49 am

I hear one of Obama's first executive orders during the first 100 hours will be to reverse the 2001 order by Bush cut off some funding for aboritons ... The Mexico City ruling it is called.

Hopefully he reverses Bush's stem cell executive order in rapid fashion too.

I have HOPE again for this nation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:52 am

Bman wrote:I hear one of Obama's first executive orders during the first 100 hours will be to reverse the 2001 order by Bush cut off some funding for aboritons ... The Mexico City ruling it is called.

Hopefully he reverses Bush's stem cell executive order in rapid fashion too.

I have HOPE again for this nation.
Obama's first order of business should be... 14142
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:42 am

i knew he had smarts..this is a wise move on the new admins part!!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2009/01/obama_halts_new_or_pending_reg.html?hpid=topnews

Obama Halts New or Pending Bush Regulations
Acting only hours after his inauguration, President Barack Obama has ordered a freeze on new or proposed regulations at all government agencies and departments. In a memo issued by new White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, the president tells agency and department heads that :

"...no proposed or final regulation should be sent to the Office of Federal Register for publication unless and until it has been reviewed and approved by a department or agency head appointed or designated by the President after noon on January 20, 2009, or in the case of the Department of Defense, the Secretary of Defense."

The memo also orders the withdrawal of all final or proposed regulations not yet published by the Federal Register. Department and agency heads have also been asked to "consider extending for 60 days the effective date of regulations that have been published in the Federal Register but not yet taken effect" unless they impact health, safety, environmental, financial, or national security matters -- obviously now subject to the interpretation of Obama's appointees.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:17 am

floridafun wrote:i knew he had smarts..this is a wise move on the new admins part!!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2009/01/obama_halts_new_or_pending_reg.html?hpid=topnews

Obama Halts New or Pending Bush Regulations
Acting only hours after his inauguration, President Barack Obama has ordered a freeze on new or proposed regulations at all government agencies and departments. In a memo issued by new White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, the president tells agency and department heads that :

"...no proposed or final regulation should be sent to the Office of Federal Register for publication unless and until it has been reviewed and approved by a department or agency head appointed or designated by the President after noon on January 20, 2009, or in the case of the Department of Defense, the Secretary of Defense."

The memo also orders the withdrawal of all final or proposed regulations not yet published by the Federal Register. Department and agency heads have also been asked to "consider extending for 60 days the effective date of regulations that have been published in the Federal Register but not yet taken effect" unless they impact health, safety, environmental, financial, or national security matters -- obviously now subject to the interpretation of Obama's appointees.

I would ASSUME each new President would issue this order ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:49 am

edit your post? Can anyone do that? I don't think anyone but you can do that! If not I will attempt to change that I'm sorry!! Shocked

By the way is the print here really dim or is this just my screen??
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:06 am

floridafun wrote:someone did...keep in mind i am the only one here who doesnt support legalizing marijuana. i laughed..it isnt like they altered my wording in anything i thought was a big deal..i thought it was a test and i passed drunken jocolor

That's so seriously F*cked up. I consider that a breach of trust on the part of the board admins.

Whoever did this should confess, or I will delete my account within 48 hours for that reason.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:09 am

Mort wrote:edit your post? Can anyone do that? I don't think anyone but you can do that! If not I will attempt to change that I'm sorry!! Shocked

By the way is the print here really dim or is this just my screen??

No, not just anyone can do that. I believe you must have super god admin powers. Regardless, I won't put my screen name on posts that I've authored which may be subject to corruption.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:18 am

meta4 wrote:Whoever did this should confess, or I will delete my account within 48 hours for that reason.
That's a ballsy statement!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:31 am

What did I miss?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next