The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil again below $36/barrel

2 posters

Go down

Oil again below $36/barrel Empty Oil again below $36/barrel

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:22 am

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090212/BIZ/902129951

VIENNA- Surging crude inventories and investor skepticism over the U.S. stimulus package dragged oil prices below $36 per barrel Thursday.

Investors seemed more wary than relieved after U.S. lawmakers finally agreed overnight to a $790 billion stimulus bill designed to pull the economy out of recession.

Light, sweet crude for March delivery fell 53 cents to $35.41 a barrel by midday in Europe on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The contract fell $1.61 overnight to settle at $35.94.

U.S. crude oil inventories have jumped in recent weeks as rising unemployment erodes spending on gasoline.

A weekly report Wednesday from the Energy Information Administration showed that crude inventories jumped by 4.7 million barrels for the week ended Feb. 6, more than an increase of 3.4 million barrels expected by analysts surveyed by Platts, the energy information arm of McGraw-Hill Cos.

Including last week's build up, crude inventories have swelled by more than 30 million barrels in the past six weeks.

So why did it go UP again this week to almost $2??? Don't get me wrong, I'd rather pay what we're paying now rather than the $4/gallon we experienced, but come on, one would think that with the oil price being this low, gas would be around $1.40~$1.50...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Oil again below $36/barrel Empty Re: Oil again below $36/barrel

Post  LTRT Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:37 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:...one would think that with the oil price being this low, gas would be around $1.40~$1.50...

And it should, if not lower...I believe it was Card who compared the price at the pump during the run-up on oil vs the decrease in crude oil prices.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:52 am

LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:...one would think that with the oil price being this low, gas would be around $1.40~$1.50...

And it should, if not lower...I believe it was Card who compared the price at the pump during the run-up on oil vs the decrease in crude oil prices.
I miss Card's insight sometimes... Sad
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:59 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

I miss Card's insight sometimes... Sad

Is that moment over yet? Mine is. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down