The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paula Abdul

5 posters

Go down

Paula Abdul Empty Paula Abdul

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:30 am

So Bman (and any other closet American Idol fans)...what do you think of Paula being done with Idol? Are you gonna miss her?

To an extent I'll miss her, but let's be honest, if/when Simon leaves, you might as well kiss this show goodbye (unless of course Erik Estrada decides to take over Laughing )...

I heard Posh Spice is going to be a guest judge though...so the eye candy continues! Very Happy
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Paula Abdul Empty Re: Paula Abdul

Post  Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:52 am

[quote="Cincy Fan 44"]So Bman (and any other closet American Idol fans)...what do you think of Paula being done with Idol? Are you gonna miss her?

To an extent I'll miss her, but let's be honest, if/when Simon leaves, you might as well kiss this show goodbye (unless of course Erik Estrada decides to take over Laughing )...

I heard Posh Spice is going to be a guest judge though...so the eye candy continues! [quote="Cincy Fan 44"]

I am not closeted, I am OUT about my viewership of Idol. lol I will miss Paula and the show will miss her too, she was the motherly one on the show, but that said she probably should have focused more on the contestants choreography, where Randy should focus more on the arrangement and Simon on overall ability.

Idol has just about run its course I think ... when a show starts making drastic changes the end is near ... for example I can't stand the original Law and Order any more ... they change cops every year, the only constant is the Lt. on the show and DA McCoy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:13 am

I heard "So You Think You Can Dance" wants her. That would be fine with me as long as she replaces that one lady judge. I don't know her name, but my God, I swear she is the most annoying person on the planet. Shocked

Edit: I just want to point out that I don't watch the show, but my wife usually has it on. Yeah, that's the ticket.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:38 pm

Markwes wrote:I heard "So You Think You Can Dance" wants her. That would be fine with me as long as she replaces that one lady judge. I don't know her name, but my God, I swear she is the most annoying person on the planet. Shocked

Edit: I just want to point out that I don't watch the show, but my wife usually has it on. Yeah, that's the ticket.

A happy wife is a happy life.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:29 pm

Can't say I'll miss Paula much. When watching the TIVO'd version of the show, I will fast-forward through her comments if I'm tired, it's late, and I don't want to listen to drivel. I think Kara is fine and can replace Paula, no problem. Paula's interaction with Simon is the most interesting thing about her on the show. (other than some of those outfits.)

See Houston Chronicle article below - my favorite is the Castro moment. I remember being confused during her comments unless Simon or Seacrest gently corrected her.

Paula Abdul has enjoyed her share of memorable moments sitting next to Simon Cowell and behind a huge Coke tumbler. Most of the time, all she'd have to do is show up to work, and we'd just wait for something to happen. Here, five of our favorite moments from her wild, wacky Idol run:

— Cowell plants a sloppy kiss on Abdul during the season-two finale. She cringes when watching the skit, but actually seems to enjoy it.

— In May 2005, season 2 finalist Corey Clark claimed he had an affair with Abdul during his season and that she gave him advice on how to advance in the competition. Fox launched an investigation and found no wrongdoing on Abdul's part. Clark is never heard from again. Coincidence?

— During a 2008 live show, Abdul critiques two songs from finalist (and Texas native) Jason Castro — even though he had only performed once. She blamed it on confusing notes and last-minute changes from producers. And not whatever is in her red cup.

— After a performance of John Lennon's Imagine, Abdul offers season 7 runner-up David Archuleta this nugget of critcism: “I want to just squish you, squeeze your head off and dangle you from my rearview mirror.” Amazingly, he didn't run off screaming.

— Abdul performs a new single, I'm Just Here for the Music, in May on the Idol stage. She spends the first half of the song in the shadows, then gets through the rest of it with minimal dancing (and no falls). The tune itself, originally recorded by Kylie Minogue, immediately vanishes.

joey.guerra@chron.com

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:18 pm

Besides, how many of you really think she's leaving? I think it's a gambit for more money or to boot Kara off....

Paula Abdul 755658

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:16 am

Not a big Paula fan either. You just have to wonder some nights what really is in those coke cups.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:52 pm

Here's the Paula I like... Very Happy
LTRT