The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardon Me But...

2 posters

Go down

Pardon Me But... Empty Pardon Me But...

Post  Markwes Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:32 pm

http://www.examiner.com/x-5919-Norfolk-Crime-Examiner~y2009m8d7-Did-author-John-Grisham-purchase-a-pardon-for-three-convicted-killers-from-Gov-Tim-Kaine

Virginia Governor Tim Kaine has issued pardons to three men convicted of the 1997 brutal rape and murder of Michelle Moore-Bosko, 18, which occurred in the Ocean View section of Norfolk. There were a total of five men convicted of the crime.The three men Derek Tice, Danial Williams and Joseph Dick Jr. were all in the U.S. Navy. The victim’s husband was also in the Navy and discovered his wife’s body upon his return from a deployment.

The three, now pardoned men, have been in prison since their convictions in 1997. No further evidence exonerating the three has come to light, and there is little public interest in the case, until now. So, why 12 years after the fact, has Gov. Kaine suddenly decided to grant pardons to these men convicted of such a heinous crime? The timing is indeed curious.

While Kaine cited "grave doubts about at least the level of their complicity in the crime,” Kaine’s pardon comes only a few weeks after John Grisham announced that he is writing a screenplay about the case. Grisham, has also voiced his belief that the men are innocent.

Certainly does seem a little fishy.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Pardon Me But... Empty Re: Pardon Me But...

Post  LTRT Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:31 pm

We report, you decide...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:30 am

I look at it that after 12+ years in prison and a year and a half review by Gov. Kaine that they men if they were over charged should have been set free. I am sure Gov. Kaine hopes this is not his Willy Horton episode.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum