The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nixon enlisted secret service to spy on Ted Kennedy

5 posters

Go down

Nixon enlisted secret service to spy on Ted Kennedy Empty Nixon enlisted secret service to spy on Ted Kennedy

Post  Canuck Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Why the hell does this stuff surface after they're all gone?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/090828/usa/us_politics_kennedy_nixon

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Ted Kennedy, who died Tuesday, so enraged Richard Nixon that the disgraced president pushed in 1971 for snooping on the senator for proof he cheated on his wife, according to once-secret recordings.

And Nixon, who secretly taped some 3,700 hours of his conversations between February 1971 and July 1973, does not hide his disappointment and frustration when an aide reports back that the Massachusetts senator is "very clean."

"The thing to do is to watch him," he says in a September 8, 1971 recording, one of several conversations in which Nixon, apparently fearful for his 1972 reelection prospects, lashes out at Kennedy.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Nixon enlisted secret service to spy on Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Nixon enlisted secret service to spy on Ted Kennedy

Post  floridafun Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:20 am

yeah..that marvelous icon of the republican party spied on just about everyone pig
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Nixon enlisted secret service to spy on Ted Kennedy Empty Re: Nixon enlisted secret service to spy on Ted Kennedy

Post  Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:08 am

He was a Dick.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:17 am

Well the marvelous icon of the Deceptocrat Party just got BJs from interns, so what's your point?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:17 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Well the marvelous icon of the Deceptocrat Party just got BJs from interns, so what's your point?

Yea ... that compares! WTFE
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:18 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Well the marvelous icon of the Deceptocrat Party just got BJs from interns, so what's your point?

I think you're comparing two completely different things here.

One had an affair, the other was trivializing another human being life all in the name of power.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:36 pm

Seriously, when will this tangential contention end? Nixon was booted 30 years ago...

TSIW
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:44 pm

as usual..when there isnt a snappy comeback at hand regarding the topic at hand, fall back to mr bill.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:59 pm

floridafun wrote:as usual..when there isnt a snappy comeback at hand regarding the topic at hand, fall back to mr bill.
As usual, you bash a president from nearly 40 years ago but don't talk about mr. bill.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:12 pm

Canuck wrote:

One had an affair, the other was trivializing another human being life all in the name of power.

Sounds like one and the same to me. Unless you don't believe Clinton was "trivializing another human being life all in the name of power".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:35 am

Kroman wrote:
Canuck wrote:

Sounds like one and the same to me. Unless you don't believe Clinton was "trivializing another human being life all in the name of power".

Monica wielded some power? Really?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:51 am

Markwes wrote:
floridafun wrote:as usual..when there isnt a snappy comeback at hand regarding the topic at hand, fall back to mr bill.
As usual, you bash a president from nearly 40 years ago but don't talk about mr. bill.

i have expressed my unkind opinion of mr bill often over the years. when news about nixons issues are made public of his power/control hungry megalmania are released to the public are we supposed to yawn and turn the page? i am just as interested when its johnson or kennedy or clinton stuff is revealed. i am totally bipartisan in wanting to understand by what and how our national historical figures were driven.

and its long recognized here that when there isnt a scripted snappy comeback regarding the topic at hand, some will predictably fall back to mr bill comments.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:56 am

one of my absolute faves historically is actually j edgar hoover who was like sarah palin in a way but much smarter and much more successful. his personal life was a total contradiction to his public demands and he was a complete caricature of himself. (the sarah similarity being only the last sentence)
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:05 am

floridafun wrote:one of my absolute faves historically is actually j edgar hoover who was like sarah palin in a way but much smarter and much more successful. his personal life was a total contradiction to his public demands and he was a complete caricature of himself. (the sarah similarity being only the last sentence)
I find it funny/ironic that you get on some for bringing up Slick Willy, but you'll throw Sarah under the bus just the same w/out battin' an eyelash. This whole political sniping is as funny as lipstick on a...well, something...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:16 am

What's this thread about? I want to participate but I'm having trouble nailing the topic. Hehe, nailing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:33 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
floridafun wrote:one of my absolute faves historically is actually j edgar hoover who was like sarah palin in a way but much smarter and much more successful. his personal life was a total contradiction to his public demands and he was a complete caricature of himself. (the sarah similarity being only the last sentence)
I find it funny/ironic that you get on some for bringing up Slick Willy, but you'll throw Sarah under the bus just the same w/out battin' an eyelash. This whole political sniping is as funny as lipstick on a...well, something...

what you say would be applicable IF every time, or a good part of the time, somebody posted nobama stuff i responded with a one liner about sarah..rather than digging and showing sources supporting why what was said is not fact..or express my thoughts in general about the topic at hand. yes i bring up sarah and her amusing antics..but not as a sole pat response to someone in nobama mode expressing why they dont like him or trust him or whatever. nice try, but a fail nonetheless. pig
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:19 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

I was going to say something about Nixon, but I forgot what it was... Something about Dick in the Whitehouse.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:21 am

Pez, that must have been the link Cincy was trying to make.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:54 pm

dick I or dick II? drunken I was gay, and II has a daughter that is. sunny
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:05 pm

floridafun wrote:dick I or dick II? drunken I was gay, and II has a daughter that is. sunny
Oh, that's "I" as in the roman numeral for one, not "I" as in myself. For a minute there I thought you were making an announcement. Very Happy
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:09 am

nah..just hit a rogue key..but if i were gay i would have no reason to not discuss my thoughts. i remember very clearly, as i am sure many of you do, the morning i as a child woke up and stares out the window at nature in all her glory..contemplated whether i wish to choose to be gay or straight, and decided straight it was. Nixon enlisted secret service to spy on Ted Kennedy Icon_rendeer
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 am

floridafun wrote: i remember very clearly, as i am sure many of you do, the morning i as a child woke up and stares out the window at nature in all her glory..contemplated whether i wish to choose to be gay or straight, and decided straight it was. Nixon enlisted secret service to spy on Ted Kennedy Icon_rendeer

Awesome! I've never heard it put in those words before but now that you mention it, I do remember very clearly. However, I wish to refer to nature as "Heather"? She was a good swimmer. Cool

lol!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down