The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Budget deal keeps funding intact for PP, NPR & HC

4 posters

Go down

Budget deal keeps funding intact for PP, NPR & HC Empty Budget deal keeps funding intact for PP, NPR & HC

Post  Pez Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:21 pm

So whats going on here? I thought defunding the evil NPR was going to create jobs? And planned parenthood is still allowed to use federal dollars to coerce young pregnant teens to abort their babies in order to get fresh stem cell lines at the request of the NEA... this is a hand-basket!!!!

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Budget deal keeps funding intact for PP, NPR & HC Empty Re: Budget deal keeps funding intact for PP, NPR & HC

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Only way the Dems would even agree to pass the 2011 budget was to keep the pork rolling.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Budget deal keeps funding intact for PP, NPR & HC Empty Re: Budget deal keeps funding intact for PP, NPR & HC

Post  LTRT Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Maybe the Dems ought to get their members brains checked out. If it's so great of an org, get private funding.

Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.) said today that the new Republicans elected to the House of Representatives last November came to Congress “to kill women.” She also likened Republican efforts to prohibit federal funding of abortion except in cases of rape, incest or where the life of the mother is endangered to actions taken by Nazis. “This is probably one of the worst times we’ve seen because the numbers of people elected to Congress. I went through this as co-chair of the arts caucus,” Slaughter said. ”In ’94 people were elected simply to come here to kill the National Endowment for the Arts. Now they’re here to kill women.”

Ah, civility, Democratic style
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:Only way the Dems would even agree to pass the 2011 budget was to keep the pork rolling.

awesome... mmmmm bacon...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:52 pm

LTRT wrote:Maybe the Dems ought to get their members brains checked out. If it's so great of an org, get private funding.

Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-N.Y.) said today that the new Republicans elected to the House of Representatives last November came to Congress “to kill women.” She also likened Republican efforts to prohibit federal funding of abortion except in cases of rape, incest or where the life of the mother is endangered to actions taken by Nazis. “This is probably one of the worst times we’ve seen because the numbers of people elected to Congress. I went through this as co-chair of the arts caucus,” Slaughter said. ”In ’94 people were elected simply to come here to kill the National Endowment for the Arts. Now they’re here to kill women.”

But I thought the democrats were in the minority? What happened... after all the debate and hostile language and pontification, they quietly take the provisions off the bill... I'm surprised Sarah Palin is taking this lying down.

It does have private funding... I have given them well over $1000 since I moved here. The fact that it doesn't have commercial funding is what makes it great. (assuming you are speaking about NPR).

The same can be said for planned parenthood. (except I haven't given them any money (any more than you have anyway)).

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:38 pm

LTRT wrote:Maybe the Dems ought to get their members brains checked out. If it's so great of an org, get private funding.

I would really like to ask Ms. Slaughter and her ilk why women's health is more important than men's.

So wanting to defund Planned Parenthood amounts to killing women? By that argument, I guess when, as Treasurer of our communty association, I voted to raise the minumum snowfall before calling the snowplow guy to clear the roads because it was killing our budget, I was causing more accidents and making people late for work and school.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Markwes wrote:

I would really like to ask Ms. Slaughter and her ilk why women's health is more important than men's.

So wanting to defund Planned Parenthood amounts to killing women? By that argument, I guess when, as Treasurer of our communty association, I voted to raise the minumum snowfall before calling the snowplow guy to clear the roads because it was killing our budget, I was causing more accidents and making people late for work and school.

Dont forget that makes you a Nazi also... New York dems are nutty by definition. I dont think anyone that is one zip code closer to the mainstream will agree with her language. It doesnt make planned parenthood's mission less important if Ms Slaughter claims that PP is saving women from death and Nazis. It's like Jake Elwood said, "I hate planned parenthood nazis"

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down