The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Supposed Recovery

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Supposed Recovery Empty The Supposed Recovery

Post  LTRT Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Economic growth slows, inflation surges

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Economic growth braked sharply in the first quarter as higher food and gasoline prices dampened consumer spending and sent inflation rising at its fastest pace in 2-1/2 years.

Another report on Thursday showed a surprise jump in the number of Americans claiming unemployment benefits last week, which could cast a shadow on expectations for a significant pick-up in output in the second quarter.

Ooops....... Rolling Eyes How's that hopey changey thing workin' out?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

The Supposed Recovery Empty Re: The Supposed Recovery

Post  Pez Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 pm

LTRT wrote:Economic growth slows, inflation surges

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Economic growth braked sharply in the first quarter as higher food and gasoline prices dampened consumer spending and sent inflation rising at its fastest pace in 2-1/2 years.

Another report on Thursday showed a surprise jump in the number of Americans claiming unemployment benefits last week, which could cast a shadow on expectations for a significant pick-up in output in the second quarter.

Yawn... It bums me out that you don't participate in discussion about such things. You left out where were supposed to "keep the change." You betcha?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:34 pm

Pez wrote:

Yawn... It bums me out that you don't participate in discussion about such things. You left out where were supposed to "keep the change." You betcha?

What's there to discuss? You'll just tell us how everything is going great and if there is a bump, it's those dreaded Repubs fault. My point is simple, there is no recovery (contrary to what the media will tell us) and the liars in the WH and its administration. What's the bosses answer, go film Oprah. Dog me if you will, I just call'em as I see it along with the every increasing number of Americans.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:38 am

LTRT wrote:
Pez wrote:

What's there to discuss? You'll just tell us how everything is going great and if there is a bump, it's those dreaded Repubs fault. My point is simple, there is no recovery (contrary to what the media will tell us) and the liars in the WH and its administration. What's the bosses answer, go film Oprah. Dog me if you will, I just call'em as I see it along with the every increasing number of Americans.

You obviously don't read my posts. I have never said anything of the sort. Yes I have made posts of positive news when there is some, but have qualified my comments giving credit where it's due. For you to say that I blame the republicans where there is a bump is utter crap. You would know it's utter crap if you ever actually read my posts. If course, that would involve thinking, and posting something other than a link to a news story that supports your opinion, a cliche, and an eyeroll smiley.

GDP grew by 1.6%, btw.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:33 am

Pez wrote:You obviously don't read my posts. I have never said anything of the sort. Yes I have made posts of positive news when there is some, but have qualified my comments giving credit where it's due. For you to say that I blame the republicans where there is a bump is utter crap. You would know it's utter crap if you ever actually read my posts. If course, that would involve thinking, and posting something other than a link to a news story that supports your opinion, a cliche, and an eyeroll smiley.

GDP grew by 1.6%, btw.

I never said that the 1.6% was bad. It's a said thing to see what our country has become because of politicians. Nothing personal, but like I said it's not the rosy picture of what everyone claims it to be and neither is our president.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:37 am

For a budget based on 3 to 3.5% growth, guess the deficit will be even larger this year. I can say where I work they have hired people. But in my particular office we have just hired to replace retiring people. Where they could use a good 10 more people.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:58 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:For a budget based on 3 to 3.5% growth, guess the deficit will be even larger this year. I can say where I work they have hired people. But in my particular office we have just hired to replace retiring people. Where they could use a good 10 more people.

I think there is probably some inertia to get over... Companies cut workforces by 10% and are still able to do the work... they have taken a bath in the last 3 years and are likely quite reluctant to hire anyone full time when they are able to make everyone work harder because they are all hunkered down afraid of losing their jobs...

Agree with you scooby about the budget. Obama's forecasts are base on far too rosy a picture. It disappoints me to see the administration saying that the road to recovery is long and difficult, yet putting together a budget that is based on that not being true. Remind me of the snake joke... where a girl is walking through the woods, comes upon a snake... the snake says, "pick me up please"... the girl says, "no, you will bite me..." snake: "No, I just want to cuddle etc..." They argue back and forth until the girl reluctantly gives in and picks up the snake, who promptly bites her. The girl screams, "but you said you wouldnt bite me!!" The snake says, "you knew I was a snake when you picked me up!"

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu May 26, 2011 10:26 pm

Consumers hold back growth, rebound seen muted
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Consumers-hold-back-growth-rb-1412999475.html?x=0

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Unexpectedly weak consumer spending hobbled the economy in the first quarter and fresh signs of a slowdown in the labor market pointed to an uphill struggle for the recovery.

Unemployment claims are rising, consumer spending has nearly ground to a halt, 4-buck gas, and this is called a recovery? Uphill struggle is an understatement.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:15 pm

Once again...what recovery???

Cooling employment casts shadow on recovery

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The economy may be in for a long period of soft growth after employers hired the fewest number of workers in eight months in May and the unemployment rate rose to 9.1 percent.

Nonfarm payrolls increased 54,000 last month, the Labor Department said on Friday, just over a third of what economists had expected.

However, analysts saw little chance the economy would slide back into recession, given that temporary factors like high gasoline prices and supply chain disruptions from the earthquake in Japan were constraining growth

Half of Last Month's New Jobs Came from a Single Employer — McDonald's
"you want fries with that"
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:48 am

LTRT wrote:Once again...what recovery???

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The economy may be in for a long period of soft growth after employers hired the fewest number of workers in eight months in May and the unemployment rate rose to 9.1 percent.

Nonfarm payrolls increased 54,000 last month, the Labor Department said on Friday, just over a third of what economists had expected.

However, analysts saw little chance the economy would slide back into recession, given that temporary factors like high gasoline prices and supply chain disruptions from the earthquake in Japan were constraining growth

If you were unemployed and McDonalds offered you a job, what would you do? Just curious....

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:54 am

Pez wrote:If you were unemployed and McDonalds offered you a job, what would you do? Just curious....
Cooked my way thru high school and twice while on lay off when I worked in manuf years ago, so yes I would. The Supposed Recovery 231335
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:45 pm

Pez wrote:

If you were unemployed and McDonalds offered you a job, what would you do? Just curious....

What I think LTRT getting to those jobs were not good enough under GWB. But now....those are great jobs under Obama
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:14 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Pez wrote:

What I think LTRT getting to those jobs were not good enough under GWB. But now....those are great jobs under Obama

Exactly...and now that BHO owns this economy he can no longer blame Bush...but he'll find someone.

Obama Blames Europe, Japan for US Economic Woes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:01 pm

LTRT wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:

Exactly...and now that BHO owns this economy he can no longer blame Bush...but he'll find someone.

Obama Blames Europe, Japan for US Economic Woes

Saw one of Obama economic advisor on This Week with??? He basically toting the line we have created 2 million jobs the last 15 months unlike the jobless recovery from the previous recession. Really you mean the one under GWB that what had a couple of months at 6.5% but for most of his presidency the rate was under 5%. Really Obama how stupid do you think the American public really is?
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Obama jokes about slow recovery

President Obama's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness met today in Durham, NC at Cree Inc., a company that manufactures energy-efficient LED lighting. One of the Council's recommendations to President Obama was to streamline the federal permit process for construction and infrastructure projects. It was explained to Obama that the permitting process can delay projects for "months to years ... and in many cases even cause projects to be abandoned ... I'm sure that when you implemented the Recovery Act your staff briefed you on many of these challenges." At this point, Obama smiled and interjected, "Shovel-ready was not as ... uh .. shovel-ready as we expected." The Council, led by GE's Jeffrey Immelt, erupted in laughter.

The Obama administration promised the Recovery Act ("the stimulus") would prevent the jobless rate from going over 8%. It now stands at 9.1%.

No way...he didn't lie did he....
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:18 am

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/16/revenge-machines-obama-mocked-for-blaming-slow-recovery-on-atms/

"There's some structural issues with our economy where a lot of businesses have learned to become much more efficient with a lot fewer workers," Obama said after being asked about a report that shows businesses were spending 2 percent more on employees since the recession officially ended, but 26 percent more on equipment .

"You see it when you go to a bank and ... you use an ATM, you don't go to a bank teller. Or you go to the airport, and you're using a kiosk instead of checking in at the gate," the president said.
jocolor
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:30 am

I found out about this website. List projects companies are trying to expand and are being blocked by regulations either local, state or federal. Just think how many jobs would be created if all these projects got the go ahead. Indiana has 6 of these that are held up.

http://www.projectnoproject.com/

Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:16 pm

Geithner: Taxes on ‘Small Business’ Must Rise So Government Doesn’t ‘Shrink’
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/geithner-taxes-small-business-must-rise

(CNSNews.com) - Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner told the House Small Business Committee on Wednesday that the Obama administration believes taxes on small business must increase so the administration does not have to “shrink the overall size of government programs.”

What a dufus...and that goes for the whole administration. "Social Justice - bringing America down one day at a time"
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:08 pm

1. When GW Bush took office in 2001 - the National Debt was around 5 Trillion, while the National Budget had a surplus.

2. The GW Bush tax cut for the wealthy, was actually TAX SPENDING, since he never made cuts or replaced revenue to fill the gap in the budget it created.
These tax cuts doubled the National Debt to over 10 Trillion.
Part of the reasoning behind it was that cutting the taxes for the wealthy would create jobs.
Over the 8 years in office, he only created 3 million jobs, the worse record of all Presidents (Clinton created 23 Million jobs).
Note that Mitch McConnell's wife (Republican Minority leader in the Senate), headed the Department of Labor!!!
http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2009/01/09/bush-on-jobs-the-worst-track-record-on-record/

3. When Obama took office, GW Bush handed him a first year deficit of over 1 Trillion dollars, partially because of the 800 Billion dollars TARP program, bringing the national debt to 11.5 Trillion.

4. Because of the dire economic conditions created by PREVIOUS administration, stimulus spending and LACK OF REVENUE grew the current deficit and the National Debt to over 14 Trillion dollars. However there is some encouragement in job's growth, though too slow, but in 2 years Obama created more jobs than GW Bush in 8 years.
http://ecopolitology.org/2011/01/12/obama-created-more-jobs-in-2010-than-bush-did-in-8-years/

5. The Debt ceiling needs to be raised in order for the USA to honor its obligations. There is bi-partisan agreement in regards to spending cuts, however it seems to be logic, that the culprit that accelerated the national debt, the tax cuts for the wealthy, would be the first on the agenda to be reversed. It has been proven, that they didn't do anything for job creation.
Basically that would offer 17% in revenue and 83% in spending cuts, that would cut 4 Trillion over a decade out of the National Debt.

The paid-off republican hypocrites in the House and the Senate, are willing to let the USA crash, to protect their sponsors in big business.

Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Under Bush the unemployment rate around 5% or under. When the Dems won the election in 2008 unemployment exploded even before they took office and controlled everything. Don't need no liberal blogger with links to liberal websites to try to prove anything else.

National debt in 2001 over 5.8 trillion. Bush left office with 10.02 trillion. Not even 3 years of Obama and we are over 14 trillion. Obama is going to spend more in 4 year than what GWB did in 8. And even though Clinton had a surplus the national debt increased every year of the Clinton presidency.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/prev_yrs.htm

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo4.htm

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo5.htm

Need to stay out of the medical marijuana shops Mort.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:10 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:Need to stay out of the medical marijuana shops Mort.
The Supposed Recovery 431148
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:58 pm

Mort, Mort, Mort... Have you been smokin' something? Very Happy
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:19 pm

So the Dow drops 513 pts today....thought the WH told us this is why we had to raise the debt ceiling.

Once again, they've LIED and we've known since imaculation day that they haven't a clue about the economy.

Meanwhile BHO's press puppet Carney says "Markets Go Up And Down"

Opening in theatres nationwide this Friday: "Clueless 2" staring the POTUS...co-staring the entire administration
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:31 am

LTRT wrote:So the Dow drops 513 pts today....thought the WH told us this is why we had to raise the debt ceiling.

Once again, they've LIED and we've known since imaculation day that they haven't a clue about the economy.

Meanwhile BHO's press puppet Carney says "Markets Go Up And Down"

Opening in theatres nationwide this Friday: "Clueless 2" staring the POTUS...co-staring the entire administration

Both the white house and the congress screwed us with the debt ceiling BS. It just amazes me how stupid all of them can be. I miss real conservative politics. The tea party has power because the republicans need their votes.

The house, senate and president are all engaged in a pile of steaming nonsense. It's not exactly fair to blame the white house alone, there's enough blame in the mess to go around to everyone.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:19 pm

LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master