The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stock Market DECLINE

+2
Markwes
Cincy Fan 44
6 posters

Go down

Stock Market DECLINE Empty Stock Market DECLINE

Post  Guest Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:25 pm

OK ... I want Barack Obama elected President but damn, I at least want some ... SOME 401K money and some of my private investment money left when Obama takes office. Between oil going to $140/barrel and the market CRASHING on us I don't think I can limp to 1.20.09 when Barack and Michelle move to the White House.

Mark, how long are you going to stand behind Bush and say he is not at fault?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Stock Market DECLINE Empty Re: Stock Market DECLINE

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:41 pm

I'll betcha a baloney sammich it goes up 150+ pts on Friday... scratch
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:48 pm

Bman wrote:OK ... I want Barack Obama elected President but damn, I at least want some ... SOME 401K money and some of my private investment money left when Obama takes office. Between oil going to $140/barrel and the market CRASHING on us I don't think I can limp to 1.20.09 when Barack and Michelle move to the White House.

I would say it's up to you to prove that he is at fault. And that means more than just saying that the economy was bad while he was in office. You can come up with statistics on any topic and correlate it to the president if you want but it doesn't prove anything. If teen smoking was up during the last 8 years, would you blame it on Bush? If violent crime was down, would you credit Bush with lowering crime? I want what you're smoking if you think Barack is going to wave a magic wand and instantly reverse the economy trends.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:51 pm

Markwes wrote:I would say it's up to you to prove that he is at fault. And that means more than just saying that the economy was bad while he was in office. You can come up with statistics on any topic and correlate it to the president if you want but it doesn't prove anything. If teen smoking was up during the last 8 years, would you blame it on Bush? If violent crime was down, would you credit Bush with lowering crime? I want what you're smoking if you think Barack is going to wave a magic wand and instantly reverse the economy trends.
You know, now that you mention it, the Reds have not had a winning record since George Walker Bush has been in office!!! It's gotta be his fault. I don't know who else would be to blame. Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:44 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Markwes wrote:I would say it's up to you to prove that he is at fault. And that means more than just saying that the economy was bad while he was in office. You can come up with statistics on any topic and correlate it to the president if you want but it doesn't prove anything. If teen smoking was up during the last 8 years, would you blame it on Bush? If violent crime was down, would you credit Bush with lowering crime? I want what you're smoking if you think Barack is going to wave a magic wand and instantly reverse the economy trends.
You know, now that you mention it, the Reds have not had a winning record since George Walker Bush has been in office!!! It's gotta be his fault. I don't know who else would be to blame. Laughing
I know a Reds fan who blames all the Reds' woes on a certain trade with the Nationals a couple years back, but I digress. cyclops

Hey, did you just use Bush's middle name? affraid
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:37 am

Whoa... thaqt must mean he's Chuck Norris... everyone knows there can be only one Walker, Texas Ranger.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:43 am

Just curious, who was president when the stock market was at it's all time high?
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:09 am

IrishGuy wrote:Just curious, who was president when the stock market was at it's all time high?
George Walker Bush
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:13 am

Markwes wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
I know a Reds fan who blames all the Reds' woes on a certain trade with the Nationals a couple years back, but I digress. cyclops

Hey, did you just use Bush's middle name? affraid
Tell him that Kearns & Lopez (and for that matter, Ryan Wagner) haven't done diddly squat for Leather Pants' team, while it looks like the last one laughing might be the Reds if Darryl Thompson pitches like he did in his debut in Yankee Stadium (no runs allowed in 5 innings). He pitches tonight against Cleveland, so we'll see what happens.

And yeah, I used his middle name. Sorry if I offended anybody about that. I know how middle names can scare the living daylights out of people.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:46 am

Bman wrote:OK ... I want Barack Obama elected President but damn, I at least want some ... SOME 401K money and some of my private investment money left when Obama takes office. Between oil going to $140/barrel and the market CRASHING on us I don't think I can limp to 1.20.09 when Barack and Michelle move to the White House.

As IG has pointed out.. who was President when the stock market hit it's all time high?

Oil is the reason the market is shooting down, increased worldwide demand and our inability to refine more than we can now. Add to that people buying houses they shouldn't have bought and can't afford now and American Auto makers building cars for yesterday and not tomorrow and you've got 3 major industries hitting a wall that either shot them down or waaaaaaay up.

Those three things will drive down any market. GM is at the same price it was 50 years ago because of their inability to react, or maybe it was their unwillingness, who knows.

This is by far my favorite argument that a dem will make.. the economy is bad, it must be the Presidents fault. Completely ignoring that there is an entire globe out there that effects our economy. It basically shows how short sighted anyone who makes this argument really is.

And since you threw it out there.. what happens if Barack is elected and 4 years from now gas is at $9/gallon? We will hit that price point, no matter who is in office. There's no way it's going down ever again, unless China and India get nuked to eliminate their demand. And to think that in 4 years we'll all be driving electric cars is just foolish, and there's only so much relief that a hybrid can give you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:36 am

i have always said when the market goes bad like it is not the fault of the sitting pres generally, it is something thats been brewing for more than several years seems more true. doesnt matter whether dem or repub is in office. yes i agree its global. yes i think there were things clinton did that are contributing today. and probably prior to clinton. regulation put in place by one pres at any time often look like a smart move at the time but gets abused and loopholes nobody had imagined when implimented will be found.

the things that makes anyone point a finger at bushco on the economy is a ---combination of his war money and his separate defense money---and the fact that its been the only thing he has approved real spending for basically in his 7 1/2 year dictatorship, the only financial and policy focus of his terms in office.

we...well some of us...arent too ignorant to know much of the 2 accounts has to have have been paying for blackwater and cheneys contractors huge salaries while our own soldiers do much more for much less. and paying for the expenses of the prison torture-ships and torture-prisons in afghanistan and iraq and gitmo and all the little secretive locations. and the expenses of tapping phones and internet of thousands people involved in peta or war protests and who knows who else---who exactly as been caught as a result $ spent on this illegal nosing into personal business of americans who dont happen to march in lockstep with our dear leader?

so yea bushco regime has stuff heavily contributing to todays issues daily. but the mortgage stuff has been seen coming for some time and i dont recall off hand any legislation or signing statements or adjustments he has made which made it skid. even the gas prices i am not so positive he is at fault for. what made the same surge in gas happen in the past before his highness was in office?

clinton had nothing to do with the dotcom bubble during his admin. yea it was a great ride but he didnt impliment any policy changes or come up with any specific plan to cause or continue the success of it during his admin. it was something that had its own momentum regardles of any action or inaction by clinton and its kinda rediculous he gets so much credit for those times because his did nada to bring it about or make it continue.

bushco promised to put money and men on the mexico border, to rebuild after katrina, to improve our infrastructure, to fund no child left behind...and quietly didnt spend near what he verbally committed to any of them.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:06 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:

As IG has pointed out.. who was President when the stock market hit it's all time high?

Oil is the reason the market is shooting down, increased worldwide demand and our inability to refine more than we can now. Add to that people buying houses they shouldn't have bought and can't afford now and American Auto makers building cars for yesterday and not tomorrow and you've got 3 major industries hitting a wall that either shot them down or waaaaaaay up.

Those three things will drive down any market. GM is at the same price it was 50 years ago because of their inability to react, or maybe it was their unwillingness, who knows.

This is by far my favorite argument that a dem will make.. the economy is bad, it must be the Presidents fault. Completely ignoring that there is an entire globe out there that effects our economy. It basically shows how short sighted anyone who makes this argument really is.

And since you threw it out there.. what happens if Barack is elected and 4 years from now gas is at $9/gallon? We will hit that price point, no matter who is in office. There's no way it's going down ever again, unless China and India get nuked to eliminate their demand. And to think that in 4 years we'll all be driving electric cars is just foolish, and there's only so much relief that a hybrid can give you.

Pretty simple there guy, if things are not better in 8 years after an Obama Administration then vote him out just like we are going to vote the conservatives out. I love simple answers to dumb questions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:19 pm

Bman wrote:Pretty simple there guy, if things are not better in 8 years after an Obama Administration then vote him out just like we are going to vote the conservatives out. I love simple answers to dumb questions.
Things haven't really gotten better since conservatives (Republicans) were voted out a couple of years ago...gas prices have doubled, food prices have gone up, we're still fighting in Iraq (though the Surge has apparently worked), people are losing their homes at alarming rates, car companies are still in trouble.

Now, not everything bad is one party's fault or the other's. There are so many contributing factors that it doesn't matter who is in office. The politicians I blame are the ones that vote for needless gov't spending (Bridge to Nowhere, for example), and those are the ones who should be voted out...not just the ones who happen to be in office when the sh*t hits the fan.

Last edited by Cincy Fan 44 on Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:20 pm

And by the way, you can't vote a president out after serving 8 years Bman...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:Pretty simple there guy, if things are not better in 8 years after an Obama Administration then vote him out just like we are going to vote the conservatives out. I love simple answers to dumb questions.
Things haven't really gotten better since conservatives (Republicans) were voted out a couple of years ago...gas prices have doubled, food prices have gone up, we're still fighting in Iraq (though the Surge has apparently worked), people are losing their homes at alarming rates, car companies are still in trouble.

Now, not everything bad is one party's fault or the other's. There are so many contributing factors that it doesn't matter who is in office. The politicians I blame are the ones that vote for needless gov't spending (Bridge to Nowhere, for example), and those are the ones who should be voted out...not just the ones who happen to be in office when the sh*t hits the fan.

Quit using logic, it doesn't hold water in Bman's world.. there everything is the evil President Bush's fault and only the lord and savior Barack can solve it.... what a shitty world that must be.

I do agree, it's never one parties fault, however, most people just want to be able to say "Hey, my life isn't as good as that guys, so it has to be someone else's fault" and then some politician comes in and tells them who's at fault and that they will be the one to cure all their worries.

This is what I like most about McCain, he's pretty much out there saying "hey, life is tough, the gov't isn't here to bail you out, so get over it, pull up your boot straps and start to help yourself".

I needed to live 50 years ago when you could spank your kids when they were assholes and you got a second job if you needed more money. Is it bad that our country might have reached it's Apex 50 years ago? Sorry.. not trying ot hijack.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:14 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I'll betcha a baloney sammich it goes up 150+ pts on Friday... scratch

Updated: 2:00 pm ET, June 27
-126.53(-1.10%)Dow 11,326.89

I'm sure glad you're not my adviser. Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:44 pm

Make him buy you a sandwich ... he offered.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:13 pm

Bman wrote:Make him buy you a sandwich ... he offered.

Where's my sammich CINCY? scratch Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:18 pm

LTRT wrote:

Whoa now, that horse must be pushing the cart the wrong way Smile

11346.51 -106.91 (-0.93%) Jun 27 4:08pm ET
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:29 pm

LTRT wrote:

Stock Market DECLINE WWBaloney
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:35 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

Stock Market DECLINE WWBaloney

Wow more than he bargained for Baloney sandwich and melons.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:37 pm

He's a friend. I thought he deserved some melons.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:38 pm

lol!

Too funny, did anyone get anything productive done today? Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:01 pm

LTRT wrote:lol!

Too funny, did anyone get anything productive done today? Laughing

Not really, nope, nada, and I will be on vacation next week too.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:40 pm

card..not only can you still spank your kids like they did in the 50's, you can also use an electrical cord or a belt bom
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down