The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil Prices Retreat

+3
Cincy Fan 44
Canuck
LTRT
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Oil Prices Retreat - Page 2 Empty Re: Oil Prices Retreat

Post  Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:06 pm

Markwes wrote:
pez wrote:Not any more than we should just let drunken sea captains crash tankers in Alaska in the name of PROGRESS. This type of argument doesn't get anywhere...
And why is that? Sounds like you think drunken sea captains are the norm. I assume you are referencing the Exxon Valdez. It was the biggest oil spill in history, and yet it only accounted for 2% of what the United States consumes in one day, per the NOAA's website. So you've seen a few pictures of oil-covered ducks struggling and because of that you think we should quit drilling offshore?

Glad those struggling ducks and other animals don't bother you ... would you sell your soul for a gallon of gasoline too?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:22 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:
pez wrote:Not any more than we should just let drunken sea captains crash tankers in Alaska in the name of PROGRESS. This type of argument doesn't get anywhere...
And why is that? Sounds like you think drunken sea captains are the norm. I assume you are referencing the Exxon Valdez. It was the biggest oil spill in history, and yet it only accounted for 2% of what the United States consumes in one day, per the NOAA's website. So you've seen a few pictures of oil-covered ducks struggling and because of that you think we should quit drilling offshore?

Glad those struggling ducks and other animals don't bother you ... would you sell your soul for a gallon of gasoline too?
Just because of one spill, should we all just stop driving or heating our homes with oil? Next time we meet up, I expect to see you on a segway! Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Have you ever nailed a deer, raccoon, etc. with your car? If so, better stop driving! If you have a soul that is. pirat
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:29 pm

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Have you ever nailed a deer, raccoon, etc. with your car? If so, better stop driving! If you have a soul that is. pirat

Nope, only killed a bird one time. I got out of my car, picked up and drove straight to an animal hospital to nurse the sparrow back to health. My point was that we do have to be cognizant of mother nature and if we are going to try to destroy the ecosystem we need to at least try to do it in an environmentally friendly way to try to prolong the end of the world.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:39 am

Bman wrote:

Nope, only killed a bird one time. I got out of my car, picked up and drove straight to an animal hospital to nurse the sparrow back to health. My point was that we do have to be cognizant of mother nature and if we are going to try to destroy the ecosystem we need to at least try to do it in an environmentally friendly way to try to prolong the end of the world.

Says the man who drives a full sized SUV. Rolling Eyes
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:09 am

Markwes wrote:

I guess I didnt express very well... Card is taking a fair point, and taking it to the extreme, and I tried to mock that, not very cleverly. For someone to express concern about oil spills and card to extrapolate that into not building the Hoover Dam because someone might get hurt isnt really an argument at all. It's a control-drama interrogation. He presented his opionion in the first sentence, then went on to interrogate the original poster with questions about things that were not presented as the original poster's opinion. This forces the original poster to respond to ridiculous questions that arent germane to the discussion.

Thus I tried to mock him by doing the same thing, and then stated that the type of argument doesnt get anywhere.

Carry on Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:35 am

IrishGuy wrote:
Bman wrote:

Says the man who drives a full sized SUV. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, but his full-size and my Mid-size SUV both get the same MPG economy. He drives... what 5 miles to work round trip and I (would be) driving 50... doesn't that mean I could be racking up more "evil" points if I drove it?

Why can't we all just agree to end the world? pirat tongue
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:38 am

pez wrote:
I guess I didnt express very well... Card is taking a fair point,
Carry on Very Happy

I'm sure Pez meant Cincy ... and the "a-r-d" keys on the keyboard are really close to the "i-n-c-y"

What a Face geek lol!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:19 am

Accidents happen.. yes.. it sucks that the little ducks were covered in oil.. and we learned from it, which is why we know have double hulled tankers that are more and more common. But as was said.. people die in cars and hit animals, that doesn't mean we stop driving.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:25 am

meta4 wrote:
pez wrote:
Carry on Very Happy

I'm sure Pez meant Cincy ... and the "a-r-d" keys on the keyboard are really close to the "i-n-c-y"

What a Face geek lol!

Yea... common mistake...I'm going to start a conspiracy theory that Card and Cincy are the same person... Stir the pot man...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:37 am

pez wrote:
meta4 wrote:
pez wrote:
Carry on Very Happy

What a Face geek lol!

Yea... common mistake...I'm going to start a conspiracy theory that Card and Cincy are the same person... Stir the pot man...

A little voice inside my head told me that Bman and Doe are the same person. Twisted Evil Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:40 am

LTRT wrote:
pez wrote:
meta4 wrote:
pez wrote:
Carry on Very Happy

What a Face geek lol!

A little voice inside my head told me that Bman and Doe are the same person. Twisted Evil Razz

I am calling this one out ... this is just absolutely mean, evil and uncalled for ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:51 am

LTRT wrote:

I'll second this opinion... cheers
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:52 am

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:
pez wrote:
meta4 wrote:
pez wrote:
Carry on Very Happy

What a Face geek lol!

I am calling this one out ... this is just absolutely mean, evil and uncalled for ...
Yeah LTRT, you don't have to be insulting Doe like that. Laughing
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:01 am

pez wrote:
Markwes wrote:

I guess I didnt express very well... Card is taking a fair point, and taking it to the extreme, and I tried to mock that, not very cleverly. For someone to express concern about oil spills and card to extrapolate that into not building the Hoover Dam because someone might get hurt isnt really an argument at all. It's a control-drama interrogation. He presented his opionion in the first sentence, then went on to interrogate the original poster with questions about things that were not presented as the original poster's opinion. This forces the original poster to respond to ridiculous questions that arent germane to the discussion.

Thus I tried to mock him by doing the same thing, and then stated that the type of argument doesnt get anywhere.

Carry on Very Happy
Ah, I get it now. Cool
Citing extreme examples is a pretty common argument though. I remember a couple years ago when you had people suing tobacco companies because they developed a disease later in life, it seemed like everyone came back with "Next, it will be overweight people suing McDonalds". I thought to myself, "They are taking it to the extreme". Well, it turns out I was wrong, because now that's exactly what we have. Sorry for the tangent there.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 am

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:43 pm

Markwes wrote:
Ah, I get it now. Cool
Citing extreme examples is a pretty common argument though. I remember a couple years ago when you had people suing tobacco companies because they developed a disease later in life, it seemed like everyone came back with "Next, it will be overweight people suing McDonalds". I thought to myself, "They are taking it to the extreme". Well, it turns out I was wrong, because now that's exactly what we have. Sorry for the tangent there.

Nah, that's cool... it's more that there is a real danger of spills and environmental issues with offshore drilling (any drilling for that matter), and wether or not we should have built the hoover dam does nothing to lessen that danger. I will say it's an interesting point that if we stopped driving because people get hurt, we would have to drill offshore to begin with.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:37 pm

pez wrote:
meta4 wrote:
pez wrote:
Carry on Very Happy

What a Face geek lol!

OK, if I start doing that people might think that you and I are the same person (iber). I can't recall clearly if there have been any other board members actually see you and I in the same place at the same time. Who's the real Clark Kent? Smile

I've never seen Card so I can't say that he actually exists Wink Cincy ... hmm... Card... hmm... Clark Kent... drunken
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:44 pm

Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne?

DoeShouldGo, Woody?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:46 pm

Canuck wrote:Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne?

DoeShouldGo, Woody?

Ok, who was masquerading as DoeShouldGo?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:47 pm

meta4 wrote:
pez wrote:
meta4 wrote:
pez wrote:
Carry on Very Happy

What a Face geek lol!

OK, if I start doing that people might think that you and I are the same person (iber). I can't recall clearly if there have been any other board members actually see you and I in the same place at the same time. Who's the real Clark Kent? Smile

I've never seen Card so I can't say that he actually exists Wink Cincy ... hmm... Card... hmm... Clark Kent... drunken

I have seen both you and Pez at the same time, so I can attest that I met two individuals who claimed to be Meta and Pez. We met at Los Lomas one time years ago ... Iber was there too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:53 pm

meta4 wrote:
Canuck wrote:Peter Parker, Bruce Wayne?

DoeShouldGo, Woody?

Ok, who was masquerading as DoeShouldGo?

Let me think about that for a moment. study scratch study

Geezus, I need the mediation room, this is killing me.
I wonder who it possibly could be?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:59 pm

meta4 wrote:Ok, who was masquerading as DoeShouldGo?

That is a mystery for the ages.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:04 pm

SavoyTruffle wrote:
meta4 wrote:Ok, who was masquerading as DoeShouldGo?

That is a mystery for the ages.

We could have a poll ...

I vote DoeShouldGo was actually Doe trying to cover her tracks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Bman wrote:
I have seen both you and Pez at the same time, so I can attest that I met two individuals who claimed to be Meta and Pez. We met at Los Lomas one time years ago ... Iber was there too.

I remember now Smile You were the 4th. Were you also there when JFK was shot?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next