The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama on Iraq

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Obama on Iraq - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama on Iraq

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:41 am

Is it wrong to giggle everytime I read the initials B. O.???
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:46 am

cardinal5150 wrote:Everyone agrees on a timetable.. the difference is BO is proposing 16 months period, everyone else is proposing a timetable of "if we get to A, you'll do B, and if accomplish C, you'll do D" and then setting out time lines for B and D.

So BO supporters can blindly claim they are right... as long as you don't actually read what is being said and just go with headlines.

I do find it interesting though that we must get out of Iraq but no one is bothering to talk about how we are going to invade Pakistan who has tested and proven Nuclear weapons to use (and a powder keg neighbor in India that wants to see them gone). Can't imagine anything bad could happen there....

No sorry Charlie ... Bush just this week has started talking about a time horizon ... lol The world knows Barack Obama was and IS right on this issue. Man, the guy is brilliant. No wonder the world is excited about us getting a presidential election right this time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:53 am

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:Let's see. The Iraqi prime minister who has never talked about a timetable before, now all of a sudden tries to get on he good side of potentially the next president. No, nothing fishy there.

Sorry, not sure I follow you. What's fishy about a candiate for president meeting the new leader of a toppled nation that we, uhm... toppled? How do you envision things to look? Didn't GWB get the nod for a "withdrawl horizon" as well this week?
Nothing fishy about the 2 of them meeting. It's just that you have a leader who wants to stay on good terms with the U.S. since we are the reason he is in power. Barack comes out with this 16-month plan. The Iraqi leader, to my knowledge, has never made any suggestions for troop withdrawal, but supposedly decides to agree with the guy who could very well be our next president. Maybe I'm just a skeptic.

I'm still lost. I read your post and thought to myself "obviously" these things are naturally occurring. What gives you the spooky feeling that some slight of hand is taking place? Are you still hung up on the notion that BO is a Muslim terrorist?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:06 am

Bman wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:Everyone agrees on a timetable.. the difference is BO is proposing 16 months period, everyone else is proposing a timetable of "if we get to A, you'll do B, and if accomplish C, you'll do D" and then setting out time lines for B and D.

So BO supporters can blindly claim they are right... as long as you don't actually read what is being said and just go with headlines.

I do find it interesting though that we must get out of Iraq but no one is bothering to talk about how we are going to invade Pakistan who has tested and proven Nuclear weapons to use (and a powder keg neighbor in India that wants to see them gone). Can't imagine anything bad could happen there....

No sorry Charlie ... Bush just this week has started talking about a time horizon ... lol The world knows Barack Obama was and IS right on this issue. Man, the guy is brilliant. No wonder the world is excited about us getting a presidential election right this time.
Yeah, brilliant. He came up with the "16 month plan" prior to even going to Iraq. Using the house analogy again, that would be like coming up with a timetable for building a house before knowing anything about the availability of materials, how far along it has come, etc. Obama voted against the surge, which by all reports is working. Again, brilliant. Now, al-Queda leaders can hope Obama gets elected so they can plan on retaking Iraq. It will be much easier knowing an artificial timetable is in place. Brilliant.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:10 am

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:Let's see. The Iraqi prime minister who has never talked about a timetable before, now all of a sudden tries to get on he good side of potentially the next president. No, nothing fishy there.

Sorry, not sure I follow you. What's fishy about a candiate for president meeting the new leader of a toppled nation that we, uhm... toppled? How do you envision things to look? Didn't GWB get the nod for a "withdrawl horizon" as well this week?
Nothing fishy about the 2 of them meeting. It's just that you have a leader who wants to stay on good terms with the U.S. since we are the reason he is in power. Barack comes out with this 16-month plan. The Iraqi leader, to my knowledge, has never made any suggestions for troop withdrawal, but supposedly decides to agree with the guy who could very well be our next president. Maybe I'm just a skeptic.

I'm still lost. I read your post and thought to myself "obviously" these things are naturally occurring. What gives you the spooky feeling that some slight of hand is taking place? Are you still hung up on the notion that BO is a Muslim terrorist?
No! I wasn't slamming Obama, at least not in that post. I was questioning Al-whatever-his-name-is, the Iraqi PM, if he actually said he agrees with Obama, as possible politics. In other words, agree with Obama regardless of his position so as not to alienate him. Just a thought.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:25 am

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

No! I wasn't slamming Obama, at least not in that post. I was questioning Al-whatever-his-name-is, the Iraqi PM, if he actually said he agrees with Obama, as possible politics. In other words, agree with Obama regardless of his position so as not to alienate him. Just a thought.

maliki has said previously, months ago, that he wanted US Forces out sooner rather than later ... now he is just drinking the Obama koolaid and saying 16 months. Finally he has a future American leader that is going to let Iraq govern itself.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:15 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Is it wrong to giggle everytime I read the initials B. O.???

Only if you take it to mean he stinks like BO... which is my intention.. I figure if Kerry wanted to use initials to inspire the JFK feeling.. it's only fair they can also inspire body odor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:29 pm

so... it looks like BO's trip to Iraq showed him that all his rants about how the Iraq war and surge wasn't doing any good was flat wrong... and now he's admitting it...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080722/ap_on_re_mi_ea/obama
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:38 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:so... it looks like BO's trip to Iraq showed him that all his rants about how the Iraq war and surge wasn't doing any good was flat wrong... and now he's admitting it...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080722/ap_on_re_mi_ea/obama

You are entitled to your spin ... this trip THUS far has been nothing short of remarkable, proving he is the ROCKSTAR us Obama-bots thought he was. The Koolaid is tasty. Talking about koolaid, come on ... the Rush and Hannity listeners are DRUNK on the their chit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2