The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police: Man shot churchgoers over liberal views

+3
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
Canuck
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Police: Man shot churchgoers over liberal views - Page 2 Empty Re: Police: Man shot churchgoers over liberal views

Post  Guest Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:37 am

Maybe he's a disgruntled theatre critic and he really didn't like the kid's presentation of 'Annie'.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Police: Man shot churchgoers over liberal views - Page 2 Empty Re: Police: Man shot churchgoers over liberal views

Post  Guest Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:18 am

Oliver's Army wrote:Maybe he's a disgruntled theatre critic and he really didn't like the kid's presentation of 'Annie'.

surely there's some video of this event...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:34 am

pez wrote:
Oliver's Army wrote:Maybe he's a disgruntled theatre critic and he really didn't like the kid's presentation of 'Annie'.

surely there's some video of this event...
It would be kind of unfortunate if they were singing "The sun will come out tomorrow..."

Speaking of which, one of the best Johnny Carson moments ever is when he had a little girl dressed as Annie come out on stage and after singing that line, he gave her a pie in the face and said "Not for you kid!".
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:48 am

At least it was 'that' Annie, and not the one from "Annie Get Your Gun." Well, maybe little miss sure shot would've hit the guy between the eyes then...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:38 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Mort wrote:well at least they got off their arse's this time and took the guy down!

Unlike some school shootings I've heard about study

Religion has cause more deaths and wars then money or any other subject
I agree with your first statement, but again, where does it say anywhere that this guy was associated with religion? To me he sounded like an athiest. Are you saying the members of this church were somehow responsible??

No Markwes. Mort's comment was similar to his signature. People are willing to kill and die for their tiny little speck of a personal perspective of the most infinite being in the universe.

Butt Nuggets...
So, Meta, the guy was a radical. Why is it we feel the need to use this example to reinforce stereotypes? I mention that there is nothing I have heard to suggest that the guy was a radical Christian and all I get is "he is just saying in general" types of responses. I could point to this story and say white people are responsible for more deaths than any other group. Would that be fair?

Markwes, When did I stereotype all Christians as radicals? I was just sayin'...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:51 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Mort wrote:well at least they got off their arse's this time and took the guy down!

Unlike some school shootings I've heard about study

Religion has cause more deaths and wars then money or any other subject
I agree with your first statement, but again, where does it say anywhere that this guy was associated with religion? To me he sounded like an athiest. Are you saying the members of this church were somehow responsible??

No Markwes. Mort's comment was similar to his signature. People are willing to kill and die for their tiny little speck of a personal perspective of the most infinite being in the universe.

Butt Nuggets...
So, Meta, the guy was a radical. Why is it we feel the need to use this example to reinforce stereotypes? I mention that there is nothing I have heard to suggest that the guy was a radical Christian and all I get is "he is just saying in general" types of responses. I could point to this story and say white people are responsible for more deaths than any other group. Would that be fair?

Yes.. it would be fair.... because it's true.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:59 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes, When did I stereotype all Christians as radicals?
You didn't.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes, When did I stereotype all Christians as radicals?
You didn't.

Sorry, I've become confused. It's been a day chock full o' nuts at work.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:38 am

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:Since this has of course become political, here is a quote from a neighbor of the guy:

Karen Massey, who lived two houses from Adkisson's home, told the Knoxville News Sentinel of a lengthy conversation she had with Adkisson a couple years ago after she told him her daughter had just graduated from Johnson Bible College. She said she ended up having to explain to him that she was a Christian.

"He almost turned angry," she told the newspaper. "He seemed to get angry at that. He said that everything in the Bible contradicts itself if you read it."

Does this sound like a "radical Christian"?

$20 says he was undiagnosed bi-polar manic depressive. maybe we'll never know...

and she got her 15 minutes of fame by telling her side of the story..not to defend the guy but i would suspect the story may have looked different to anyone else who may have overheard it, or from the guy himself. after all she says he told her the fact that the bible contradicts itself...he ALMOST became angry...hard telling what really took place in this discussion she is spinning. articles said he hated that this church was accomodating of homosexuals among other things.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:40 am

Do you have anything to contradict her story? Or are you just going to dismiss it and assume she wanted 15 minutes of fame?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:22 pm

I wonder if hotels in Liberal, KS advertise rooms with "liberal views"?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:50 pm

pez wrote:I wonder if hotels in Liberal, KS advertise rooms with "liberal views"?
Nice! Reminds me. I've often wondered if Denver has an "East of Chicago" pizza place... scratch
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:17 am

Markwes wrote:Do you have anything to contradict her story? Or are you just going to dismiss it and assume she wanted 15 minutes of fame?

i think the way she worded it speaks for itself.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2