The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bennigan's

+2
Markwes
LTRT
6 posters

Go down

Bennigan's Empty Bennigan's

Post  LTRT Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:07 pm

I know we don't have any here in town, but just heard that they are closing down nationwide. We've been there handful of times while traveling around. I guess they were really nothing to write home about, but it was grub while traveling the interstates.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Bennigan's Empty Re: Bennigan's

Post  Guest Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:10 pm

They filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy... along with someone else, can't remember the name. Some will stay open just not as Bennigans.. it might be Hennigans or something.. we have Flanigans.. basically the same thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:17 pm

I know they have one in Warsaw. I've never been to one. Heard bad things.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:26 pm

Bennigans on State St. was my favorite haunt in Ann Arbor while I was there. Great happy hour prices and the manager (John) was super cool. He got ordered a keg of Double Diamond to have on tap just for (us) some of the regulars. I wonder what pushed them over the edge because the place was always busy while I was there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:04 pm

No wonder they're closing, they went all over the place and didn't come to Kanaduh.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Markwes wrote:I know they have one in Warsaw. I've never been to one. Heard bad things.

I've been to the one in Warsaw. It wasn't bad, but wasn't overly memorable. I had some kinda hot wing chicken sammy. It was decent. It was years ago, but I'm pretty sure service was slow. As it was a Saturday night with not many people there, I expected faster service.

We haven't been back since.
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:34 pm

http://www.wane.com/Global/story.asp?S=8754336

The one in Angola and Warsaw will remain open.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:39 pm

Irish Guy, thanks for the update on the one in Warsaw.

Looks like they are owned by Metromedia Restaurants who also own Ponderosa. I can't get on their website right now, but heard that the franchise Benni's will be remaining open. Can't confirm that though.

I was reading a board where I go to for scoping out deals and apparently their Monty Cristo sammy's and potato soup are both very good. Who knows, maybe my next trip to Warsaw will include a lunch stop.
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:31 pm

I'm a fan of their Monte's.. I know there are at least two in Indy, one just off I-69 and 106th I think, and one on the eastside off 465.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:39 pm

I had a Bennigan's Monte Cristo once and it wasn't bad. I'm used to more french toast style bread with powdered sugar. I did like the raspberry dipping sauce though. I always used to get the Asiago Chicken Pasta, the Grilled Salmon with Broccoli or the Southwest Egg Roll app. They also had fairly decent chicken breast strips, real thick strips of breast not the thinner breast tenderloins that I see so often. Two double rammy's of buffalo sauce and I was sweating!

Now there, I've gone and talked myself in to a full blown Bennigan's withdrawl! Twisted Evil
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:46 pm

meta4 wrote:I had a Bennigan's Monte Cristo once and it wasn't bad. I'm used to more french toast style bread with powdered sugar. I did like the raspberry dipping sauce though. I always used to get the Asiago Chicken Pasta, the Grilled Salmon with Broccoli or the Southwest Egg Roll app. They also had fairly decent chicken breast strips, real thick strips of breast not the thinner breast tenderloins that I see so often. Two double rammy's of buffalo sauce and I was sweating!

Now there, I've gone and talked myself in to a full blown Bennigan's withdrawl! Twisted Evil

Careful Meta ... some here will call you maniacal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:53 pm

Bman wrote:
meta4 wrote:I had a Bennigan's Monte Cristo once and it wasn't bad. I'm used to more french toast style bread with powdered sugar. I did like the raspberry dipping sauce though. I always used to get the Asiago Chicken Pasta, the Grilled Salmon with Broccoli or the Southwest Egg Roll app. They also had fairly decent chicken breast strips, real thick strips of breast not the thinner breast tenderloins that I see so often. Two double rammy's of buffalo sauce and I was sweating!

I know I forgot my subliminal political references Wink Gotta remember to lock-step next time!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:59 pm

Is Buffalo sauce that hot? Or do you have a low tolerance for spicy foods?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:18 pm

Canuck wrote:Is Buffalo sauce that hot? Or do you have a low tolerance for spicy foods?

Go eat/drink 3 oz. and tell me if you don't break a sweat. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Canuck wrote:Is Buffalo sauce that hot? Or do you have a low tolerance for spicy foods?

There are many variations of Buffalo sauce. Kind of like bbq sauce, everyone has their own and each one is a bit different.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:24 pm

meta4 wrote:

Go eat/drink 3 oz. and tell me if you don't break a sweat. Smile

Okay, next time I am in the US.
Or you can get some and send it to me meta, you have my address. Smile
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:19 pm

IrishGuy wrote:http://www.wane.com/Global/story.asp?S=8754336

We hit the one in Angola from time to time. It's bizarre to walk into a restaurant and have them ask you "smoking or non?"... It's not bad, it is what it is... mass market corporate food engineered to be quick to prepare. That's what it tastes like, anyone expecting a memorable meal and walking into a T.G.I. Ruby Lone Outback Chili's Bennigans Flanigan to get it is bound to be disappointed.

That said, we still hit the one in Angola when we dont feel like cooking at the lake, and it's fine food for what it is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:23 pm

Bman wrote:

Only if he starts talking about gaffes the other chain restaurants are committing.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:24 pm

pez wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:http://www.wane.com/Global/story.asp?S=8754336

We hit the one in Angola from time to time. It's bizarre to walk into a restaurant and have them ask you "smoking or non?"... It's not bad, it is what it is... mass market corporate food engineered to be quick to prepare. That's what it tastes like, anyone expecting a memorable meal and walking into a T.G.I. Ruby Lone Outback Chili's Bennigans Flanigan to get it is bound to be disappointed.

That said, we still hit the one in Angola when we dont feel like cooking at the lake, and it's fine food for what it is.

Agreed...
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:26 pm

You forgot Applebees.

Which ironically we had a memorable meal there.

Then again, it involved eating at the bar and meeting, then playing Trivial Pursuit (cards only) with, a gaggle of lesbians who got so shit-faced that one fell off her stool and was drug out by her friends to be abandoned in her car to sleep it off while we continued to party.

So, nevermind. It didn't involve Applebees "food"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:Then again, it involved eating at the bar and meeting, then playing Trivial Pursuit (cards only) with, a gaggle of lesbians who got so shit-faced that one fell off her stool and was drug out by her friends to be abandoned in her car to sleep it off while we continued to party.

LOL, that sounds like a typical Fri or Sat night at Cantebury except for the Trivial pursuit part. Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:40 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:You forgot Applebees.

Which ironically we had a memorable meal there.

Then again, it involved eating at the bar and meeting, then playing Trivial Pursuit (cards only) with, a gaggle of lesbians who got so shit-faced that one fell off her stool and was drug out by her friends to be abandoned in her car to sleep it off while we continued to party.

So, nevermind. It didn't involve Applebees "food"
They came all the way from the Greek island Lesbos just to experience Applebees?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:48 pm

LTRT wrote:
Oliver's Army wrote:Then again, it involved eating at the bar and meeting, then playing Trivial Pursuit (cards only) with, a gaggle of lesbians who got so shit-faced that one fell off her stool and was drug out by her friends to be abandoned in her car to sleep it off while we continued to party.

LOL, that sounds like a typical Fri or Sat night at Cantebury except for the Trivial pursuit part. Laughing
I thought you were going to say a typical night at YOUR household... Shocked
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content