The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perspective on John McCain

+2
LTRT
Markwes
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Perspective on John McCain Empty Perspective on John McCain

Post  Guest Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:08 am

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Perspective on John McCain Empty Re: Perspective on John McCain

Post  Guest Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:10 am

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:40 am

Didn't read. Don't care.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:10 pm

Markwes wrote:Didn't read. Don't care.

Exactly my point ... some choose to make uninformed decisions, some choose to make INformed decisions. Go ahead, vote like you have been programmed to vote.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:39 pm

Bman wrote:

Exactly my point ... some choose to make uninformed decisions, some choose to make INformed decisions. Go ahead, vote like you have been programmed to vote.
Laughing You're hilarious. You look for dirt to try to make your candidate's opponent look bad instead of looking at both candidates and deciding from that. Yet you question why I don't read your crap. Like I said, you and Floridafun have lost any credibility with me, so keep high fiving each other if you wish. I'm not paying attention to your "informative" articles. And by the way, a lot of hurricanes in Florida, which means a lot of hot air, if you catch my drift. Twisted Evil
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:24 pm

The ole 'opinion' page from the NY Times, sorry but not worth the read. You probably could write just as good as them. Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:16 am

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:

Laughing You're hilarious. You look for dirt to try to make your candidate's opponent look bad instead of looking at both candidates and deciding from that. Yet you question why I don't read your crap. Like I said, you and Floridafun have lost any credibility with me, so keep high fiving each other if you wish. I'm not paying attention to your "informative" articles. And by the way, a lot of hurricanes in Florida, which means a lot of hot air, if you catch my drift. Twisted Evil

no loss if bman and i no more have any credibility in your one-sided mind i am sure..you still have doe rendeer
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:17 am

High Five Florida!!!!

cheers cheers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:25 am

floridafun wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:

no loss if bman and i no more have any credibility in your one-sided mind i am sure..you still have doe rendeer
If being "one-sided" means not hailing the new Messiah Obama, then count me in.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:32 am

your such a blissful guy mark..
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:42 pm

Interesting commentary from a former Hillary supporter about Palin and McCain. Not real political but I believe sums up where most women / Hillary supporters will end up.

Editor's Note: Jane Condon is a comedian who has appeared on "The View," "Girl's Night Out" and "Last Comic Standing." Visit her Web site.

Jane Condon, a Hillary Clinton supporter, says Sarah Palin is smart, feisty and funny.

GREENWICH, Connecticut (CNN) -- What's great about the campaign now is that I don't have a dog in the fight.

I am (and always will be) a Hillary Clinton supporter. Now that Our Girl has had her chance, I and many of the quiet women like me will vanish into the woodwork.

We never really were that political. We just knew she was the most qualified person running for president. And yes, she was a women, so we felt called to help her. (Finally, one of ours!)

She played in the big leagues, and she lost. Obama won and had every right to pick his own vice president. Well, we women felt a little dissed that he didn't even vet Our Girl. But again, that's his choice.

I believe if he'd picked Our Girl, he would have won the national election. (Eighteen million is a lot of voters. She, most likely, would have delivered Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Florida and Michigan to him.)

If Obama had picked Our Girl, most likely, Sarah Palin would not have been the vice presidential choice. Sensing the national hunger for a female candidate, however, the Republicans (or let's give the man credit -- John McCain) picked one instead.

Here's the tricky part. Women do not consider women interchangeable. Hillary and Sarah are about as far apart as two candidates could be. Hillary is pro-choice, pro-gun control and pro-gay. Sarah is pro-life, pro-gun and anti-gay.

Hillary supporters would rarely become Sarah girls. But, out of curiosity, like the rest of America, they did listen to her convention speech. And, by any measure, Gov. Palin gave a helluva speech.

All her family challenges became positives. She had her Down syndrome child, and now she is the advocate for children with special needs. Her eldest son doesn't go to college? She's a military mom! He's going to Iraq! And her teenage daughter who became pregnant? Well, Sarah's messy family began to look like everyone else's messy family, and thus she awakened the quiet women of her party. The Conservative Christians. The Hockey Moms. They are so energized you can feel it.

I'll say this: I like the cut of your jib, Sarah Palin. You're smart and funny and feisty. I get the feeling that nobody pushes around The Sarah. (And we women are tired of being pushed around.)

I can't vote for you because we are on the opposite side of the issues. I don't vote for people just because they have a uterus. But I sincerely hope you and your quiet women have a great ride, just the way we did. Give 'em hell, Sarah!

This week, the drums are beating for Hillary to attack Sarah. I don't think she should. I don't think she would. Being the pit bull is the job of the vice presidential candidate.

Obama's people made their choice after a long, exhaustive search. I wish Sen. Joe Biden luck. Although he clearly has more knowledge and experience than the governor of Alaska, he has a delicate task ahead. If he uses too heavy a hand with Sarah, women will turn on him. I don't envy him his job.

How can Hillary help the ticket though? The dust will eventually settle on the Sarah phenomenon. Hillary should do as she has always done -- articulate the issues. Soldier on.

Trust the American people, in the end, to ask who is on their side. Who feels the same way about health care, taxes, the economy and Iraq? About gun control, gays and choice?

Hillary is reminding me to vote for the Democrats, because their issues and positions are my issues and positions.
Tip O'Neill, late Speaker of the House, always said that people liked to be asked for their vote. That should be Hillary's job. Ask for our vote, and we will give it to you. Or perhaps I should say, your party.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of the writer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Perspective on John McCain Empty McCain's New Campaign Slogan

Post  Guest Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:35 pm

Heard after last weeks convention that they were changing their slogan ... the new slogan is:

McCain
Country First
Honesty Second
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:39 pm

Bman wrote:Heard after last weeks convention that they were changing their slogan ... the new slogan is:

McCain
Country First
Honesty Second

Hardee Har Har, what'd hear that from Miss Jane Condon?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:59 pm

McCain really has no clue what the average American is going through ... read his quote from last nights forum ... I gotta be honest I heard him say this and it did not register with me, glad the Obama team picked up on it.

This is a quote lifted from CNN today ....

The Obama campaign seized on a comment from Thursday night’s forum in New York where McCain said it was “easy” for him to become “somewhat divorced from the day-to-day challenges people have” while in Washington.

“Maybe from where he and George Bush sit, maybe things do look fundamentally sound,” Obama said after repeating McCain’s quote and eliciting some groans from the audience. “Maybe they don’t see what’s taking place. Maybe they’re that out of touch. But I do see what’s going on and so do you.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:48 pm

Always ready to pounce on a non story aren't you? You left out the part about how he was talking up his vp by explaining how difficult it is to be mayor and be forced to deal with day to day challenges that can be seen firsthand. A U.S. senator on the other hand deals with the abstract. This isn't even news.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:19 am

Fact is though that John McCain said he was out of touch with Americans ... HE said it. Pretty funny ... maybe there will be an ad with this comment too along with him saying the economy is strong and you are not rich until you make > $5M per year. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:39 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26682305

Clip from link above:

Harsh advertisements and negative attacks are a staple of presidential campaigns, but Senator John McCain has drawn an avalanche of criticism this week from Democrats, independent groups and even some Republicans for regularly stretching the truth in attacking Senator Barack Obama’s record and positions.

Mr. Obama has also been accused of distortions, but this week Mr. McCain has found himself under particularly heavy fire for a pair of headline-grabbing attacks. First the McCain campaign twisted Mr. Obama’s words to suggest that he had compared Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican vice-presidential nominee, to a pig after Mr. Obama said, in questioning Mr. McCain’s claim to be the change agent in the race, “You can put lipstick on a pig; it’s still a pig.” (Mr. McCain once used the same expression to describe Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s health plan.)
Then he falsely claimed that Mr. Obama supported “comprehensive sex education” for kindergartners (he supported teaching them to be alert for inappropriate advances from adults). Story continues below ↓
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those attacks followed weeks in which Mr. McCain repeatedly, and incorrectly, asserted that Mr. Obama would raise taxes on the middle class, even though analysts say he would cut taxes on the middle class more than Mr. McCain would, and misrepresented Mr. Obama’s positions on energy and health care.

A McCain advertisement called “Fact Check” was itself found to be “less than honest” by FactCheck.org, a nonpartisan group. The group complained that the McCain campaign had cited its work debunking various Internet rumors about Ms. Palin and implied in the advertisement that the rumors had originated with Mr. Obama.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:18 pm

Bman wrote:Fact is though that John McCain said he was out of touch with Americans ... HE said it. Pretty funny ... maybe there will be an ad with this comment too along with him saying the economy is strong and you are not rich until you make > $5M per year. lol
And Biden said he's not as qualified as Hillary. Every candidate says things along the way that can be taken differently.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:46 pm

Ok ... we have used the phrase f'in moron around here a bunch but McCain is saying today AGAIN that this American economy is strong. If the American people buy this hogshit we deserve what we get.

Link

McCain clarifies economy comments
Posted: 01:29 PM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

McCain is defending his economy comments.
(CNN) — Hours after calling the economy ‘strong,’ John McCain appeared to clarify the comment Monday afternoon, minutes after he was derided as "out of touch" by the Obama campaign.

"My opponents may disagree, but those fundamentals of America are strong," McCain said at a campaign event in Orlando. "No one can match an American worker. Our workers sell more goods to more markets than any other on earth. Our workers have always been the strength of our economy, and they remain the strength of our economy today."

“But their efforts are not being matched at the top," he added. "From Washington to Wall Street, the top of our economy is broken. We have seen self interest, greed, irresponsibility and corruption undermine the hard work of the American people."

McCain faced criticism earlier in the day from Democrats for telling a Jacksonville crowd that, "Our economy — I think, still — the fundamentals of our economy are strong, but these are very, very difficult times."

Earlier: McCain mocked for saying economy still 'strong'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:20 pm

Here's another $0.02 on top of my other sh*t for today...

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:53 am

"No one can match an American worker. Our workers sell more goods to more markets than any other on earth. Our workers have always been the strength of our economy, and they remain the strength of our economy today."

Umm wtf is McSame talking about? Is he talking about all our work in China?

Is this guy out of touch or what?

It really seems like Bush's twin brother
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:24 am

Bman wrote:Ok ... we have used the phrase f'in moron around here a bunch but McCain is saying today AGAIN that this American economy is strong. If the American people buy this hogshit we deserve what we get.

OBAMA BOOM ECONOMY: RECORD BANK IN BEV HILLS, $28,500 A PLATE!
Tue Sep 16 2008 06:25:55 ET

The nation's financials may be in a spiral, but cash is flowing into the Obama campaign faster than Marvin Hamlisch can play "Niagara"!

Yesterday, Obama declared how we are in "the most serious financial crisis since the Great Depression."
Today he will host a dinner in Beverly Hills --- costing attendees $28,500 dollars each!

Hundreds of high rollers, including some of the biggest executives in film, television and music, will munch gourmet chow and hang out with the candidate.

Streisand will then sing at the five-star Beverly Wilshire, no doubt reviving the Depression-era standard "Happy Days Are Here Again" with new urgency.

Obama is set to break a single-day fundraising record of $9 million.

Tuesday's events in Tinseltown come after Obama racked up a record-breaking $66 million dollars in fundraising last month, beating his previous high mark of $55 million last winter.

"The fundamentals of our economy are strong, but these are still very, very difficult times," rival McCain said, sunny-side up.

"Sen. McCain, what economy are you talking about?" smiled Obama.

Developing...

Maybe some of your rich supporters could lend the poor man a buck or two.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:29 am

LTRT wrote:Maybe some of your rich supporters could lend the poor man a buck or two.
That won't work LTRT...the poor man has his hands clinging to his guns and his religion and won't be able to open them... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:44 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:Ok ... we have used the phrase f'in moron around here a bunch but McCain is saying today AGAIN that this American economy is strong. If the American people buy this hogshit we deserve what we get.

OBAMA BOOM ECONOMY: RECORD BANK IN BEV HILLS, $28,500 A PLATE!
Tue Sep 16 2008 06:25:55 ET

The nation's financials may be in a spiral, but cash is flowing into the Obama campaign faster than Marvin Hamlisch can play "Niagara"!

Yesterday, Obama declared how we are in "the most serious financial crisis since the Great Depression."
Today he will host a dinner in Beverly Hills --- costing attendees $28,500 dollars each!

Hundreds of high rollers, including some of the biggest executives in film, television and music, will munch gourmet chow and hang out with the candidate.

Streisand will then sing at the five-star Beverly Wilshire, no doubt reviving the Depression-era standard "Happy Days Are Here Again" with new urgency.

Obama is set to break a single-day fundraising record of $9 million.

Tuesday's events in Tinseltown come after Obama racked up a record-breaking $66 million dollars in fundraising last month, beating his previous high mark of $55 million last winter.

"The fundamentals of our economy are strong, but these are still very, very difficult times," rival McCain said, sunny-side up.

"Sen. McCain, what economy are you talking about?" smiled Obama.

Developing...

Maybe some of your rich supporters could lend the poor man a buck or two.

Drudge ... hilarious

RT, those who are better off today than they were 4 or 8 years ago should seriously consider voting for Bush 44 if you agree socially with McCain. By all means, if you want abortion outlawed even in rape and incest, if you want lobbyists running the govt, and have done better these past 8 years than 99% of other Americans then definitely, McCain (Bush 44) is your guy and Sarah is your woman.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:50 am

Bman wrote:
Drudge ... hilarious

RT, those who are better off today than they were 4 or 8 years ago should seriously consider voting for Bush 44 if you agree socially with McCain. By all means, if you want abortion outlawed even in rape and incest, if you want lobbyists running the govt, and have done better these past 8 years than 99% of other Americans then definitely, McCain (Bush 44) is your guy and Sarah is your woman.

Tweet-Tweeeet. Time out for a sec...

Bman, since when does the Prez get to make decisions about Abortion? This is such a minor issue with respect to the Presidential responsibility, I think it shouldn't even be mentioned on his cue card. He's not running on a Pro-Abortion ticket. I dunno mabye LTRT only quoted part of that whole article that mentions Abortion... I don't know because he didn't name his source.

Carry on...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next