The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letterman graciously gives John a second chance

Go down

Letterman graciously gives John a second chance Empty Letterman graciously gives John a second chance

Post  Guest Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:33 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/17/mccain.letterman/index.html?eref=rss_politics

Letterman has repeatedly harped on McCain for the missed appearance, noting the Arizona senator's poll numbers appeared to begin to slide right after he skipped out on the show.

However, Thursday's interview was not all fun and games, as Letterman pressed McCain on Republican VP Sarah Palin's preparedness to lead the country through "the next 9/11 attack.."

"Absolutely," she is, McCain said. "She has inspired Americans. That's the thing we need."

McCain said her experience as a mayor, governor and PTA member have prepared her to be president.

"In all due respect, one of the people I admired most was an obscure governor of a southern state called Arkansas and he turned out to be a fairly successful president," McCain said. "I mean, Ronald Reagan was a cowboy, no experience in international affairs. So, look, I think she has shown leadership."

When Letterman asked McCain about Palin's charge that Barack Obama "palled around with terrorists," the senator said "he did."

He's friggin' nuts!

What does Ronald Reagan's lack of experience have to do with Sarah Palin's abundance of same?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down