The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarah Palin's first and ONLY interview

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sarah Palin's first and ONLY interview Empty Sarah Palin's first and ONLY interview

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:25 am

I actually heard Andrea Mitchell last night say that her take from Sarah's interview with Charlie Gibson was:

"NOT READY FOR PRIMETIME"

Andrea's quote, not mine. I happen to agree but that is just MHO.

so Sarah would have us in WWIII right now with Russia after they invaded Georgia because she would put Georgia in NATO. She also said we have to come to the defense of a country when a larger country invades a smaller country for no reason ... huh? What about Iraq bitch? Should Russia have come to Iraq's defense and kicked the shit out of us? I love it that the press was all over this last night. She would NEVER second guess Israel, they get to do what ever they want and we HAVE to cooperate ... her words people.

She also did not know what the Bush Doctrine was ... Charlie had to explain it too her.

Other press hounds said you could tell she was uttering the same words over and over like she had been prepped to say these words when you hear this word.

Funny ... if we elect Palin/McCain we deserve our fate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin's first and ONLY interview Empty Re: Sarah Palin's first and ONLY interview

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:30 am

Bman wrote:I actually heard Andrea Mitchell last night say that her take from Sarah's interview with Charlie Gibson was:

"NOT READY FOR PRIMETIME"

Funny ... if we elect Palin/McCain we deserve our fate.

Oh God help us!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin's first and ONLY interview Empty Re: Sarah Palin's first and ONLY interview

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:58 am

Bman wrote:if we elect Palin/McCain we deserve our fate.

We can see the condition the Bush voters left our country in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:00 am

I had heard the unbiased Ms. Mitchell had made that comment. How did I know it would end up here? pirat
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:11 am

Markwes wrote:I had heard the unbiased Ms. Mitchell had made that comment. How did I know it would end up here? pirat

You gotta admit that is going to make for a great commercial come the end of October. Pretty damning chit there about Palin. Glad it was said about her and not Obama or Biden by some one as respectable as Andrea Mitchell.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:22 am

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:I had heard the unbiased Ms. Mitchell had made that comment. How did I know it would end up here? pirat

You gotta admit that is going to make for a great commercial come the end of October. Pretty damning chit there about Palin. Glad it was said about her and not Obama or Biden by some one as respectable as Andrea Mitchell.
I'm waiting for the commercial of Biden saying the other day that Hillary is more qualified to be VP than he is. From his mouth to God's ears...LOL
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:36 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:

I'm waiting for the commercial of Biden saying the other day that Hillary is more qualified to be VP than he is. From his mouth to God's ears...LOL

Sorry .. that is not nearly the commercial that the one WILL be with Palin's picture on the Screen and Andrea Mitchell saying "NOT READY FOR PRIMETIME".

I love it ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:40 am

Gotta disagree Bman (shocking!)...Andrea Mitchell works for the Democratic New Network (aka NBC)...so just like Bill O'Reilly on the Republican New Network (aka FOX News Channel), her credibility is questionable, at best.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:46 am

We were watching her interview on the news this morning and the wife commented that Palin's accent made her sound like an extra from "Fargo".

I keep waiting for Palin to break out a "Sooooo....ahhh... is that your friend there in the woodchipper?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:53 am

You mean Palin won't take an interview from someone who wants to make her look as bad as possible because she's a left wing democrat? No way...

That's about as intelligent as saying BO is avoiding the press because he's not going on Hannity or Rush.

Why do either of them need to go on interviews? They are reaching THEIR base, they don't care what the other side thinks of them. It's not too hard to find out their views on things.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:04 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Gotta disagree Bman (shocking!)...Andrea Mitchell works for the Democratic New Network (aka NBC)...so just like Bill O'Reilly on the Republican New Network (aka FOX News Channel), her credibility is questionable, at best.

Word.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:07 am

Oliver's Army wrote:...

"Say, Lou, didya hear the one about the guy who couldn't afford personalized plates, so he went and changed his name to J3L2404?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:39 pm

I was impressed and proud of her. She stood her ground and even shut up Charlie a couple times.

How many of you knew what the Bush Doctrine was?

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Charlie stopped talking because Palin was shocking him with her non-answers.

The Bush Doctrine is to kill all fore'ners and rape the poor.

God Bless 'merikkka.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Jugomugo wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Gotta disagree Bman (shocking!)...Andrea Mitchell works for the Democratic New Network (aka NBC)...so just like Bill O'Reilly on the Republican New Network (aka FOX News Channel), her credibility is questionable, at best.

Word.

SORRY ... Andrea Mitchell is NOT even closely comparable to Bill-OOOOOO. Bill-OOOOO only comparable character on MSNBC (NOT NBC) is Keith Olberman.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:41 pm

Bman wrote:
Jugomugo wrote:

Word.

SORRY ... Andrea Mitchell is NOT even closely comparable to Bill-OOOOOO. Bill-OOOOO only comparable character on MSNBC (NOT NBC) is Keith Olberman.
Then Shepherd Smith. Is that better for you? At any rate, she is NOT somebody I hold as a highly credible source.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:06 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:Charlie stopped talking because Palin was shocking him with her non-answers.

God Bless 'merikkka.

I've always thought we should annex Mexico and Canada and just get it over with.. can that be a doctrine?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Then Shepherd Smith. Is that better for you? At any rate, she is NOT somebody I hold as a highly credible source.

That probably explains why he does think she's a good reporter.. completely biased towards the left? Must be a hard hitting journalist.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:07 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
Oliver's Army wrote:Charlie stopped talking because Palin was shocking him with her non-answers.

God Bless 'merikkka.

I've always thought we should annex Mexico and Canada and just get it over with.. can that be a doctrine?
We'll just call that "Cardinal Law." Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin's first and ONLY interview Empty Sarah SAYS she is READY to be President

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:15 pm

Ok ... Sarah says so, it must be true.

Palin says she is ready, Obama ups attacks

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26664074
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:39 pm

So has Obama just completely given up even the pretense of change?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:44 pm

Vis wrote:So has Obama just completely given up even the pretense of change?

Why would you think that? I heard that word at least a dozen times on the way to work this morning.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:29 pm

I think he's playing right into the republican's hands right now.. don't talk about yourself and how you're going to change Washington's ways of old politics and bickering, focus on smearing the VP candidate of your opposition...

I honestly expected BO to run a clean campaign where he focused on the warm fuzzies and kept himself as the main issue, after all, that's what got him the Dem ticket isn't it? Now he's moved to "Sarah Palin this, Sarah Palin that" and a few "McCain is evil" comments mixed in there. Biden isn't doing anything to help his cause, honestly, can anyone think of what he's done since being named VP other than sit down with BO in a couple interviews?

So far since the DNC the two candidates seemed to have lost their direction.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:07 am

cardinal law--yes!!! alien ..mexico and canada both allow legal abortion and allow gays to marry dont they?
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Nope. No press bias here:

September 13, 2008
Was ABC News Kidding?

Newsbusters offers the unedited transcript of Governor Palin's interview with Charles Gibson of ABC News.

Now, do remember - prior to the release of the first interview, this was the ABC tease:

EXCLUSIVE: GOV. SARAH PALIN WARNS WAR MAY BE NECESSARY IF RUSSIA INVADES ANOTHER COUNTRY

From the unedited transcript it is astonishing the length to which ABC went to get to that hawkish headline. The bold text represents passages that were originally edited out:

GIBSON: Let me ask you about some specific national security situations.

PALIN: Sure.

GIBSON: Let's start, because we are near Russia, let's start with Russia and Georgia.

The administration has said we've got to maintain the territorial integrity of Georgia. Do you believe the United States should try to restore Georgian sovereignty over South Ossetia and Abkhazia?

PALIN: First off, we're going to continue good relations with Saakashvili there. I was able to speak with him the other day and giving him my commitment, as John McCain's running mate, that we will be committed to Georgia. And we've got to keep an eye on Russia. For Russia to have exerted such pressure in terms of invading a smaller democratic country, unprovoked, is unacceptable and we have to keep…

GIBSON: You believe unprovoked.

PALIN: I do believe unprovoked and we have got to keep our eyes on Russia, under the leadership there. I think it was unfortunate. That manifestation that we saw with that invasion of Georgia shows us some steps backwards that Russia has recently taken away from the race toward a more democratic nation with democratic ideals. That's why we have to keep an eye on Russia.

And, Charlie, you're in Alaska. We have that very narrow maritime border between the United States, and the 49th state, Alaska, and Russia. They are our next door neighbors.We need to have a good relationship with them. They're very, very important to us and they are our next door neighbor.

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they're doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I'm giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia. We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it's in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along.

We also see from Palin's following remark, which was also edited out, that she is far from some sort of latter day Cold Warrior which the edited interview made her seem to be:

We cannot repeat the Cold War. We are thankful that, under Reagan, we won the Cold War, without a shot fired, also. We've learned lessons from that in our relationship with Russia, previously the Soviet Union.

We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it's in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along.

Palin's extended remarks about defending our NATO allies were edited out to make it seem that she was ready to go to war with Russia.

GIBSON: And under the NATO treaty, wouldn't we then have to go to war if Russia went into Georgia?

PALIN: Perhaps so. I mean, that is the agreement when you are a NATO ally, is if another country is attacked, you're going to be expected to be called upon and help.

But NATO, I think, should include Ukraine, definitely, at this point and I think that we need to - especially with new leadership coming in on January 20, being sworn on, on either ticket, we have got to make sure that we strengthen our allies, our ties with each one of those NATO members.

We have got to make sure that that is the group that can be counted upon to defend one another in a very dangerous world today.

GIBSON: And you think it would be worth it to the United States, Georgia is worth it to the United States to go to war if Russia were to invade.

PALIN: What I think is that smaller democratic countries that are invaded by a larger power is something for us to be vigilant against. We have got to be cognizant of what the consequences are if a larger power is able to take over smaller democratic countries.

And we have got to be vigilant. We have got to show the support, in this case, for Georgia. The support that we can show is economic sanctions perhaps against Russia, if this is what it leads to.

It doesn't have to lead to war and it doesn't have to lead, as I said, to a Cold War, but economic sanctions, diplomatic pressure, again, counting on our allies to help us do that in this mission of keeping our eye on Russia and Putin and some of his desire to control and to control much more than smaller democratic countries.

His mission, if it is to control energy supplies, also, coming from and through Russia, that's a dangerous position for our world to be in, if we were to allow that to happen.

Sure - clipped carefuly she is an insane warmongerer. She says repeatedly that we must have good relations with Russia and we won't have a war, acknowledges Gibson's point that sending troops is one alternative among many under Article Five of our NATO obligations, cites her preference for economic sanctions and voila! - she is Dr. Strangelove.

Whatever - maybe its just as well that ABC did not clip this to make her appear a Helpless Dove.

And yes, Obama favors NATO membership for Georgia as well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next