The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anonymous Gains Access to Palin's Personal Email Account?

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anonymous Gains Access to Palin's Personal Email Account? Empty Anonymous Gains Access to Palin's Personal Email Account?

Post  Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:45 pm

http://gawker.com/5051193/sarah-palins-personal-email-account-hacked

Did the internet just cause Sarah Palin to destroy evidence? The potential Veep is in a bit of trouble for using her personal, unarchived email address (gov.sarah@yahoo.com) to conduct state business. Which is, you know, questionable, because it violates public records requests and could stall information gathering in the Troopergate scandal. Now comes word that Anonymous, the fun-loving Internet gadflies based loosely around mostly lawless message board 4Chan, got a hold of the password to another Palin email account: gov.palin@yahoo.com. It all looks legit! The offending posts, screenshots, heretofore unseen family photos, and emails have all been deleted from Imageshack and 4Chan. But we have them. You want to read Sarah Palin's email?

Real? Who knows. Elaborate hoax? Perhaps!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Anonymous Gains Access to Palin's Personal Email Account? Empty Re: Anonymous Gains Access to Palin's Personal Email Account?

Post  Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:54 pm

If this is legit this is OVER the line, posting others email addy's etc ... Not cool.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Anonymous Gains Access to Palin's Personal Email Account? Empty Re: Anonymous Gains Access to Palin's Personal Email Account?

Post  Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:20 pm

Bman, you don't quite get it. You have a Governor of Alaska *allegedly* using Yahoo. To do official government business, or even discuss such on unarchived, unsecured, publicly accessible internet email service. It's not PERSONAL email if she's using "gov.sarah" denoting her affiliation with her government employment. Now if it was just Sarah.Palin@yahoo.com, that could be viewed (at least externally) as being personal.

Bad doo doo for her. Another *alleged* win for BO's campaign. But also incredibly heinous in light of the office she's intending to occupy.

Good work Anonymous! Hack the planet for great justice! (and please post real pics of her in bikini)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:22 pm

Apparently there's an SMS from Bristol in the email, which gave Anonymous access to Bristols cell phone number.

Very amusing shit!

Wonder how long it takes for the McCain campaign to claim that Anonymous works for Obama? lol.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:26 pm

The SMS was a MMS (Pic of baby and Bristol), the phone number dialed back to Bristol's cell phone. Also, I loved the fact that they used a Cisco phone in the vid calling Bristol's phone. I administrated a CCM (Cisco Communicaiton Manager) and it allows you to program whatever number you want sent to the phone as caller ID. For example, say I had the personal phone number of Todd Palin's cell, I could put that into the CCM and call a radio station or something...

and cue McAccuser in 3...2...1...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:40 pm

Oh, Michelle... (sigh) look up the definition of 'Anonymous' while I write in my diary...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:44 pm

meta4 wrote:Oh, Michelle... (sigh) look up the definition of 'Anonymous' while I write in my diary...

According to her website's visitors, it was masterminded by Obama himself! lol.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:54 pm

Jugomugo wrote:
meta4 wrote:Oh, Michelle... (sigh) look up the definition of 'Anonymous' while I write in my diary...

According to her website's visitors, it was masterminded by Obama himself! lol.

Ok ... that Malkin site is just too funny! Sending emails about Obama being a muslim, being a terrorist, being a sympathizer of William Ayers, Jeremiah Wright etc ... those lies and innenduos are ok with Malkin and her type, but now, this ... this just crosses the line in their mind.

I don't agree with hacking into her personal email acct but don't bitch about this type of activity when you and your ILK have blood on your hands.

Cry babies they are.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:14 pm

lulz Fox News. http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/17/palins-e-mail-account-hacked-published-on-web-site/

I'm gonna laugh when the whole thing is found to be a hoax. I really hope someone archived and indexed the whole account. I've got the .rars if anyone wants them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  MichaelK Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:44 am

=sigh=

If you're too dumb to secure your Yahoo! email account that you shouldn't be using for official business anyway, you're certainly not smart enough to run the country.
MichaelK
MichaelK
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 73

http://iminurfortkillingurdudes.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:46 am

I'm confused.. it looks like most of the stuff they found was personal stuff.. pictures and what not.

If that's the case, what's the problem? Because she used Gov.Sarah? So what.. what if I used CPA.Card@yahoo.com. or Meta used ComputerGuru.meta@yahoo.com?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:05 am

ya know. To me, yeah this was illegal, but it's the kind of illegal thing that is non destructive, and merely presents reality .... cold... hard... reality.

Like getting ankle'd in High School gym class.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:10 am

cardinal5150 wrote:I'm confused.. it looks like most of the stuff they found was personal stuff.. pictures and what not.

If that's the case, what's the problem? Because she used Gov.Sarah? So what.. what if I used CPA.Card@yahoo.com. or Meta used ComputerGuru.meta@yahoo.com?

A. we don't work for the government. B. we're not under freedom of information act restrictions. C. we're not running for a vice presidential office. D. we're not potential targets for spies E. if we were targets for spies, this would mean that we're fucking CLUELESS about security, passwords, etc.

Fox News article wrote:Palin has faced scrutiny for using her private account to do government business. The Washington Post reported last week that a local Republican activist is trying to get Palin to release more than 1,100 e-mails she withheld from a public records request. The appeal reportedly questions why Palin and her aides shift between public and private e-mail accounts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:47 pm

The Secret Service contacted The Associated Press on Wednesday and asked for copies of the leaked e-mails, which circulated widely on the Internet. The AP did not comply.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:50 pm

floridafun wrote:The Secret Service contacted The Associated Press on Wednesday and asked for copies of the leaked e-mails, which circulated widely on the Internet. The AP did not comply.
To me that's wrong. That's like if I give you stolen jewelry, and the cops come by and say, "Hey, that's stolen property. Give me the evidence" and you say take a hike. So the AP should comply.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:01 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
floridafun wrote:The Secret Service contacted The Associated Press on Wednesday and asked for copies of the leaked e-mails, which circulated widely on the Internet. The AP did not comply.
To me that's wrong. That's like if I give you stolen jewelry, and the cops come by and say, "Hey, that's stolen property. Give me the evidence" and you say take a hike. So the AP should comply.

WTF? What possible use could a COPY of an email in the possession of a MSM news provider be to the investigation? Come one... gimme one suggestion...

Why don't they just ask Yahoo? They are the service provider that was hacked... why doesn't Palin turn over control of her email account to the SS so they can have copies from THE authoritative source?

It's more like your neighbor comes over asking for that hammer that he loaned Jimbob, a 3rd neighbor. I'd look at him and say "WTF? I don't have your damn hammer. Go ask Jimbob."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:20 pm

Good for them. Really, the government, at the point at which the AP obtained copies, really has no responsibility. The government asked for the information. I'd like to see a search warrant. I imagine any judge in their right mind wouldn't actually sign one because of all the legal complications involved.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:38 pm

The son of state Rep. Mike Kernell has been contacted by authorities in connection with a probe into the hacking of personal e-mail of vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin, Kernell told The Tennessean.

Anonymous Gains Access to Palin's Personal Email Account? David_Kernell

Pic courtesy of My Pet Jawa

Kernell, a Memphis Democrat, said his 20-year-old son David had been contacted by authorities investigating the hacking of Palin's personal e-mail account, the newspaper reported on its Web site this afternoon.

The FBI and the Secret Service started a formal investigation Wednesday into the hacking, according to the Associated Press.

website source is Ace.mu.nu
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:41 pm

Vis wrote: Kernell, a Memphis Democrat, said his 20-year-old son David had been contacted by authorities investigating the hacking of Palin's personal e-mail account, the newspaper reported on its Web site this afternoon.

It wasn't him. It was a good hack.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:51 pm

lol. I like how the conservative blogs are calling him "the" hacker when they really have no idea.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:15 pm

Jugomugo wrote:lol. I like how the conservative blogs are calling him "the" hacker when they really have no idea.

No clue whatsoever. A complete FAIL!

They're only questioning him because he's probably someone who leaked it and they think he knows who send the info to him at an email address he uses. They just dropped it of at a democratic senator's email address and he leaked it, they have no clue who did this. Even if he confesses, I won't believe he did this. I'm willing to bet he was neither the first, nor the only source of the leak.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:59 pm

meta, I'm not a hacking expert (or even novice) so I'll defer to you on this but I did read that the initial postings had identifying information in the address bar and that the owner of the server said he could identify the user (isp) in the logs and was willing to turn them over. Also, his father has taken down his state senate website and the son has sterilized his onlline presence. Of course we all know how quickly people turn on each other so it's not that surprising that his "friends" screen capped and copied a ton of it. I understand taking down a website that was gonna crash due to traffic but deleting you tubes etc... seems odd to me. Any chance you could explain in idiot speak for me what's what?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:04 pm

It's possible it's this kid. Got some links of what you're talking about?

It's obvious whomever did it was an idiot, or a really good hoax. Either way, it's fucking hilarious.

We'll see how it pans out. I hope OReilly and friends keep freaking out about it. The jihad has begun at FauxNews.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:12 pm

I'll see if I can find what I read. Wikileaks changed the images but they got posted so many places that the originals exist... It was the guy from ctunnel (?) whatever the proxy server is called and he basically gave a road map of what to look for. He also said that the characters were unique and that there were enough of them visible that he would have no trouble locating the user in his logs. I'll go through my history and wee where I've been lol.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next