The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG ... Now McCain is asking for the VP Debates to be delayed

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OMG ... Now McCain is asking for the VP Debates to be delayed Empty OMG ... Now McCain is asking for the VP Debates to be delayed

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:45 am

Ok ... this is now a circus. Sarah Palin can't debate next Thursday because of this financial crisis. Ok, the republican team is admitting that neither of them can stand up to Obama/Biden in a debate. If you guys want to vote for this duo of Palin/McCain go right ahead ... they are IMPLODING. I bet LTRT or Card won't be posting this article.

McCain camp to propose postponing VP debate
Posted: 09:30 AM ET

From CNN Correspondent Dana Bash

Biden and Palin are set to debate October 2.
(CNN) — McCain supporter Sen. Lindsey Graham tells CNN the McCain campaign is proposing to the Presidential Debate Commission and the Obama camp that if there's no bailout deal by Friday, the first presidential debate should take the place of the VP debate, currently scheduled for next Thursday, October 2 in St. Louis.

In this scenario, the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Sarah Palin would be rescheduled for a date yet to be determined, and take place in Oxford, Mississippi, currently slated to be the site of the first presidential faceoff this Friday.

Graham says the McCain camp is well aware of the position of the Obama campaign and the debate commission that the debate should go on as planned — but both he and another senior McCain adviser insist the Republican nominee will not go to the debate Friday if there's no deal on the bailout.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

OMG ... Now McCain is asking for the VP Debates to be delayed Empty Re: OMG ... Now McCain is asking for the VP Debates to be delayed

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:04 pm

I almost wish I could spend a day in your brain just so I wouldn't have to think...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

OMG ... Now McCain is asking for the VP Debates to be delayed Empty Re: OMG ... Now McCain is asking for the VP Debates to be delayed

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:11 pm

So BHO believes a debate is more important than doing the job which he currently holds by name only? We all understand that he has all his cliff notes memorized, can't he put them in his back pocket until the 2nd? Oh, I'm sorry, he doesn't think on his own, my bad. You guys really do have alot in common.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:19 pm

if anyone REALLY thinks mccain and obama being present friday evening is a deal-breaker for an agreed resolution...there is a road to nowhere in alaska they could probably buy! its really pathetic that mccain bailed to begin with..but to even suggest postponing the veep debate too tells us all what we were sure of his camp is sure of too. good luck with that

(....sweep sweep..)
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:23 pm

(.....thump thump)
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:24 pm

LTRT wrote:So BHO believes a debate is more important than doing the job which he currently holds by name only? We all understand that he has all his cliff notes memorized, can't he put them in his back pocket until the 2nd? Oh, I'm sorry, he doesn't think on his own, my bad. You guys really do have alot in common.

He can be in contact with Harry and Nancy and Boehner etc ... if it is a 1 vote margin I think he would be there to vote. All of this is being done in committee right now ... THE BANKING COMMITTEE which John McCain is not on.

What does Sarah Palin have to do with the going on in Washington ... why can't she debate on October 2nd.? Why ... because they don't want their poll numbers to drop any lower.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:25 pm

floridafun wrote:if anyone REALLY thinks mccain and obama being present friday evening is a deal-breaker for an agreed resolution...there is a road to nowhere in alaska they could probably buy! its really pathetic that mccain bailed to begin with..but to even suggest postponing the veep debate too tells us all what we were sure of his camp is sure of too. good luck with that

(....sweep sweep..)

nice post... this is starting to become insane... I was for a lot of debates, before I was against them.

I am so frustrated by all this junk... these guys eat, breathe and pee like the rest of us. I'm tired of being asked to believe otherwise.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:26 pm

LTRT wrote:So BHO believes a debate is more important than doing the job which he currently holds by name only? We all understand that he has all his cliff notes memorized, can't he put them in his back pocket until the 2nd? Oh, I'm sorry, he doesn't think on his own, my bad. You guys really do have alot in common.

Yes a debate between John McCain and Barack Obama one of which will be the NEXT President of the United States in 40 days ... yea, the american public needs to hear this exchange. What are you afraid of in this debate. I smell FEAR on the republican part.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:30 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I almost wish I could spend a day in your brain just so I wouldn't have to think...

So you think the VP Debates should be delayed. Scared huh.

Make a crisis a political thing ... bush has done it for 8 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:11 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I almost wish I could spend a day in your brain just so I wouldn't have to think...

Please tell me what Sarah Palin is going to be doing to help solve this financial crisis that she is unable to debate next Thursday. I think the one with the nonworking brain is YOU dude. If this is your best come back to Palin not being able to debate then you FAIL.

McCain = Fail
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:21 pm

Now, now Bman, don't underestimate Sarah Palin this much.
She will pull out the hockey stick, go down to Washington, and beat all those guys not jumping on the bandwagon. Razz

Heck she might bring a gun too...
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:37 pm

CNN is reporting that the debates are going to go on regardless...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:44 pm

pez wrote:CNN is reporting that the debates are going to go on regardless...
Can they really call it a debate if McCain isn't there? Maybe Rush could stand in? Heck, that would probably be a ratings winner right there!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:49 pm

McCain will show up... and talk about how he wanted to postpone the debates...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:32 pm

Like I've said before. McCain choosing not to debate Obama is just showing how much of a pussy he is. If he can't multitask during his campaign, how can we expect him to run the government?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:37 pm

Jugomugo wrote:Like I've said before. McCain choosing not to debate Obama is just showing how much of a pussy he is. If he can't multitask during his campaign, how can we expect him to run the government?

So I'm curious then... at what point does something become large enough to require a Presidents full attention? Biden gave us the quote that FDR got on the TV essentially right away.... even though TV's didn't exist and he wasn't President... so clearly he thinks this is a large issue.

Is the possibility of tens of thousands of American's really not important enough to interfere in a political campaign?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:40 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
Jugomugo wrote:Like I've said before. McCain choosing not to debate Obama is just showing how much of a pussy he is. If he can't multitask during his campaign, how can we expect him to run the government?

So I'm curious then... at what point does something become large enough to require a Presidents full attention? Biden gave us the quote that FDR got on the TV essentially right away.... even though TV's didn't exist and he wasn't President... so clearly he thinks this is a large issue.

Is the possibility of tens of thousands of American's really not important enough to interfere in a political campaign?

It's the fact that 100 million people might be watching the debate and can see for themself what each candidate thinks about this meltdown. Maybe seeing the candidates side by side will calm some people. What is McCain going to do in Washington, at this point this issue is in the Banking Committee's hands ... guess what ... MCCain is not on the banking committee. He is there for a photo op ...

Face American McCain ... tell us what you know about this situation. I am sure Card knows more than Obama.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:42 pm

for the VP debates?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:22 pm

pez wrote:for the VP debates?

I am hoping 100M watch the VP debate since it will be like a comedy starring Sarah Palin.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:25 pm

Bman wrote:

I am hoping 100M watch the VP debate since it will be like a comedy starring Sarah Palin.

That's so funny I forgot to laugh. Yeh, that's about as funny as your comment isn't it.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:30 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:

That's so funny I forgot to laugh. Yeh, that's about as funny as your comment isn't it.

Why are you guys so testy about your candidates ability to sound educated and informed and ready to govern? Come on ... maybe she will tell us again that global warming is just god hugging us a little closer and she can see Russia from Alaska.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:33 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:

What's McCain REALLY going to do while he's there? Nothing of great importance. Wait around for the vote.

America needs these debates, not just stage antics.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:48 pm

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't give a rats ASS whether McCain shows up or not. Let him run his campaign the way he wants. C'mon Bman, it's not like he's gonna score any points by showing up. Just watch the poor old bastard dog the 20M potential voters who are bored enough on a Friday night to watch some smiling foreskin trying not to vomit his pepto-shake while trying hard poise himself as a "fixer".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:05 pm

meta4 wrote:I guess I'm the only one who doesn't give a rats ASS whether McCain shows up or not. Let him run his campaign the way he wants. C'mon Bman, it's not like he's gonna score any points by showing up. Just watch the poor old bastard dog the 20M potential voters who are bored enough on a Friday night to watch some smiling foreskin trying not to vomit his pepto-shake while trying hard poise himself as a "fixer".

+1. Not just for content, but for: some smiling foreskin trying not to vomit his pepto-shake
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Hey, I try. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next