The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Thoughts: Round 2 Pres Debates

+2
LTRT
Cincy Fan 44
6 posters

Go down

Your Thoughts:  Round 2 Pres Debates Empty Your Thoughts: Round 2 Pres Debates

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:39 am

Both did alright, nobody got knocked down for the count (yet).

"My Friends..." If I heard that one more time, I was going to reach through my TV and strangle somebody.

Tom Brokaw has a new name: "The Time Nazi!"

I say if a candidate goes over time, cut their mics off. They'll learn to shorten up their statements.

A $7,000 tax credit per child?!?!?! (proposed by McCain). Maybe me and Mrs. Cincy should have some more than 4!!!!

I like the idea of cutting spending on programs that don't work. But who determines that? The Pres? Congress? Another committee? Reminds me of the movie "Dave" where the president sits down and reworks the budget at a cabinet mtg to get funding available for a children's shelter (I think).

Surprised that Barry brought up 9/11 before Johnny Boy.

Barry would have won major humor points on the last question with me (the one about what don't you know and how would you learn it) if he would have answered in a dead serious tone, "I don't know when the Cubs will win the World Series next, but as president, I can assure you that I will do everything in my power to make sure they have the best players year in and year out until they win a title. It will be called the Cubs Bailout Plan."

Every question seemed to elicit the same initial response from each candidate..."This is a central issue facing..."

The "That One" comment. I think that from the coverage I heard on the National Barack Channel (NBC), too many were getting their feathers ruffled over nothing. I didn't think it was a derogatory comment in the context it was used at all. I went back and looked at it again on the DVR, and again, I saw nothing wrong with it. I think it's just something that people are looking for something, ANYTHING, they can to say was used in a derogatory way.

What was the fine amount again that McCain says Obama would tax small businesses that don't offer health care benefits?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Your Thoughts:  Round 2 Pres Debates Empty Re: Your Thoughts: Round 2 Pres Debates

Post  LTRT Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:10 am

So much for a "town hall", should've called it Tommy's Town Mtg or something. Where were the feel good questions that come from that type of setting? It was nothing more than an orchestrated standard debate that used citizens to ask a few questions that would've been asked by any moderator. I thought the best part was the closing when both candidates stood in front of Tom's teleprompter and he was lost for words.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Your Thoughts:  Round 2 Pres Debates Empty Re: Your Thoughts: Round 2 Pres Debates

Post  Markwes Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:09 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:"My Friends..." If I heard that one more time, I was going to reach through my TV and strangle somebody.
My thoughts exactly! The other one is "Main Street" versus "Wall Street". Arghh!

As far as the debate itself, I agree with LTRT. How is it any different if people in the crowd ask the questions instead of the moderator? I would have liked to see more dialog between the 2 candidates, not you get 1 minute and then the other gets 1 minute, and then we move on to the next question. Both candidates tended to exaggerate or simply say things about the other that were untrue. This of course wouldn't happen if they would stick to their owns plans and policies. I know negative campaigning works but I'm sick of it.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:38 am

It was very boring and nothing was accomplished.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:44 am

my take on..
"The "That One" comment. I think that from the coverage I heard on the National Barack Channel (NBC), too many were getting their feathers ruffled over nothing. I didn't think it was a derogatory comment in the context it was used at all. I went back and looked at it again on the DVR, and again, I saw nothing wrong with it. I think it's just something that people are looking for something, ANYTHING, they can to say was used in a derogatory way." (COPIED AND PASTED BY THE WAY from cincys post)

it wasnt just the words he said. it was the body language he displayed overall at this debate, particularly after much talk of his body language of the prior debate. its alot more telling than the actual words.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:38 am

I can't remember...was there a hubbub when William Jefferson Clinton said "I did not have sexual relations with THAT WOMAN..."??? Granted, he ID'd her after saying that, but still...

But I guess it's all fair to nitpick how people say things. After all, Michelle Obama has never been more proud of her country that she is right now (or back a few months ago when she said it).
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:45 am

floridafun wrote: I went back and looked at it again on the DVR

Nothing says PARTY like DVR'ing the presidential debate to watch it again. Just messin' with you ff, my wife thinks I'm crazy becaue I DVR Colts games and sometimes go back and watch them again. clown
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:01 am

i agree with michelle on never being prouder than now of america.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:02 am

moondrop wrote:It was very boring and nothing was accomplished.

That's because they were speaking above your level of comprehension.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down