The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dan Quayle's thoughts on the election...

3 posters

Go down

Dan Quayle's thoughts on the election... Empty Dan Quayle's thoughts on the election...

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:03 am

Interesting stuff from the former VP...

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080701/D91LBD3O0.html
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Dan Quayle's thoughts on the election... Empty Re: Dan Quayle's thoughts on the election...

Post  floridafun Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:52 am

all things considered about gb1 attitude toward him during the first bush rein, i have always thought he was much more stifled and unsupported by his pres. he never had much opportunity as vp. i never thought he was as inept as bush seemed have deemed he was. i think bush assumed quail would automatically fall into the march early on, and he just didnt.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Dan Quayle's thoughts on the election... Empty Re: Dan Quayle's thoughts on the election...

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:01 am

floridafun wrote:all things considered about gb1 attitude toward him during the first bush rein, i have always thought he was much more stifled and unsupported by his pres. he never had much opportunity as vp. i never thought he was as inept as bush seemed have deemed he was. i think bush assumed quail would automatically fall into the march early on, and he just didnt.
Maybe this should be another thread (hijacking my own thread Laughing ) and this is about 15 years too late, but I always thought Quayle got a raw deal on the whole Murphy Brown comment. If I'm remembering the whole thing correctly, I kind of liked that he stood up against -- what was at the time a pretty big deal -- having kids out of wedlock and not having a father around. He probably could have put it better, but the Drive By Media (a Rushism for you) was all too happy to continue to make him look foolish, and it seemed nobody was willing to say, "You know, Danny boy has a good point." Just my $.02...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:03 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Maybe this should be another thread (hijacking my own thread Laughing ) and this is about 15 years too late, but I always thought Quayle got a raw deal on the whole Murphy Brown comment. If I'm remembering the whole thing correctly, I kind of liked that he stood up against -- what was at the time a pretty big deal -- having kids out of wedlock and not having a father around. He probably could have put it better, but the Drive By Media (a Rushism for you) was all too happy to continue to make him look foolish, and it seemed nobody was willing to say, "You know, Danny boy has a good point." Just my $.02...

Sleep Sleep Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:23 am

i thought the same thing at the time. and the misspell potato by adding an e to the end? i never got that being so terribly dumb...you add the e when making plural, simple mistake.

i think the seedling of bush hereditary predisposition to swiftboat first reared its head with quayle.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down