The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This election is wierd and the state of affairs....

3 posters

Go down

This election is wierd and the state of affairs.... Empty This election is wierd and the state of affairs....

Post  Mort Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:52 am

The way Mcsame looks I doubt he will live long enough to see the election...is this all the GOP has to offer? pretty sad choice...

And Obama well he seems on the right track...good adviser's?.....not much experience....at least he is in good shape... and looks like he might live out his term if he wins...

All Mcsame seems to talk about is Obama...Obama this Obama that..... what he can't do...what he is doing and saying....Just what is Mcsame going to do?

The same? Again? doesn't seem like it worked in the last 8 years we are broke .....and spending what we don't have everything is made somewhere else.....

How many have died in the name of BIG OIL now? http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/

Is it enough...no apparently not we are still banging away there and other places....Iran is boiling.....but we don't want to talk with them we just want to control them......police them....... we can have nukes but no one else should have them.......cause we said so..... affraid Sleep cheers
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

This election is wierd and the state of affairs.... Empty Re: This election is wierd and the state of affairs....

Post  Markwes Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:04 pm

Really Mort, why do you think Obama is on the "right track"? Just because he is young and talks a big game?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

This election is wierd and the state of affairs.... Empty Re: This election is wierd and the state of affairs....

Post  floridafun Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:43 am

Markwes wrote:Really Mort, why do you think Obama is on the "right track"? Just because he is young and talks a big game?

sigh...need all that stuff repeated thats already been posted here? why arent you taking up mccains banner and saying what you like about him..surely there is a list you can consult Rolling Eyes
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:53 am

Not sure markwes at least he says something

Mcsame doesn't
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:42 am

floridafun wrote:
Markwes wrote:Really Mort, why do you think Obama is on the "right track"? Just because he is young and talks a big game?

sigh...need all that stuff repeated thats already been posted here? why arent you taking up mccains banner and saying what you like about him..surely there is a list you can consult Rolling Eyes

Ah hahahaha Florida, that there is the problem. NO ONE is excited about McCain, they have NO reason to support him other than he is not that "different" looking candidate. Already on this message board those of who follow Obama are said to have drank the kool aid and are maniacal (is that really how that is spelled?) and have too much excitement. Well, I think it is great to see the excitement, too bad the right wing does not have someone they are excited about.

Like Florida said though, no one has a reason to support McCain. I am guessing here not too many make over $250,000 per year, a few of our 37 members might but I would guess less than 10%, so almost everyone here would stand to gain from an Obama administration.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:37 am

McCain is talking about what BO doesn't know (which is a lot) and BO is talking about how horrible our country is and that absolutely nothing is right.

Neither of them are coming out with a positive message, it's all "X sucks, and I'm the solution".

I can't say I'm worried about McCain's health or age.. he survived much worse than political attacks. Besides.. JFK is believed to have had more health problems than most in office, and might not have lived out his term had he not been shot. McCain survived 5 years in a POW camp, has beaten Cancer (so far) and appears to be healthy now. To suggest his health is a concern to me is simply a way to try and make up excuses not to support him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:10 am

floridafun wrote:

Geesh, am I not allowed to ask Mort what he likes about Obama? He gave me an answer, that's all I asked. I have gotten your opinion over and over so no I don't need that same stuff repeated.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:15 am

Bman wrote:Ah hahahaha Florida, that there is the problem. NO ONE is excited about McCain, they have NO reason to support him other than he is not that "different" looking candidate. Already on this message board those of who follow Obama are said to have drank the kool aid and are maniacal (is that really how that is spelled?) and have too much excitement. Well, I think it is great to see the excitement, too bad the right wing does not have someone they are excited about.

Like Florida said though, no one has a reason to support McCain. I am guessing here not too many make over $250,000 per year, a few of our 37 members might but I would guess less than 10%, so almost everyone here would stand to gain from an Obama administration.
I have to point it out when it's blind excitement. When he and Hillary had a lot of the same ideas and yet he's the greatest thing ever while Hillary's the worst (and now McCain), then I have to call it what it is.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:40 pm

him and hillary do have some same ideas. the differences that she lost on were....how do you run your campaign? how do you respond to comments without attacking them? how far-sighted are you on party support--or is it all about you/her?

hmmmmm am i recalling times you jumped in and answered a question asked of someone else???? i believe so. pot. affraid
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:52 am

kettle
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:18 am

floridafun wrote:hmmmmm am i recalling times you jumped in and answered a question asked of someone else???? i believe so. pot. affraid
As I said, I wanted to hear what Mort likes about Obama. Your so-called answer, something about the same stuff already posted and "why arent you taking up mccains banner and saying what you like about him", wasn't what I was looking for. I have heard plenty of Obama worshipping from you and Bman, and I just couldn't take either of you seriously after all the Hillary bashing during the primaries, and yet Obama is the Messiah. It seems like you changed your tune regarding the Clintons real quickly whan Hillary was announced as a forerunner.

By the way, is the "black kettle" your default argument?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:16 am

What's there to say about Obama. He hasn't said much. Either of them have, but he says more positive things then McSame does.

Just the fact alone that he wants the war to end NOW is enough for me.

Unless you don't think enough of our kids have died already and we should stay there for whatever reason's.

Bush's time in office was the biggest mistake's this country has ever encountered

We don't need 4 or 8 more years of it again and McSame will do just that.

Your turn Markwes silent
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:25 am

Mort wrote:What's there to say about Obama. He hasn't said much. Either of them have, but he says more positive things then McSame does.

Just the fact alone that he wants the war to end NOW is enough for me.

Unless you don't think enough of our kids have died already and we should stay there for whatever reason's.

Bush's time in office was the biggest mistake's this country has ever encountered

We don't need 4 or 8 more years of it again and McSame will do just that.

Your turn Markwes silent
Well Mort, I certainly don't think either candidate is the best we can do. But I don't buy the McCain = Bush argument and it isn't fair to him. McCain may have a lot of the same philosophies as Bush, but it not philosophies that got us in Iraq, it's actions. Just an example - you can have 2 people who are both pro-life, and one blows up an abortion clinic, but the other starts a support group for teen moms. Same philosophy - two very different courses of action. Those who say MCcain voted to go into Iraq - that's true. And if my president says we have intelligence that Iraq has WMD's, and he is recommending we invade, then I want Congress to vote for an invasion. Don't blame McCain if it turns out that wasn't the case.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:30 am

Oh so Mark judgement does not count ... just experience. I forgot McCain has been in Washington 30 years and all he has done has equipped him to be President, well that and being shot down over Viet Nam made him equipped for the oval office. Judgement counts ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:00 am

Mort wrote:kettle

sorry mort, i didnt clarify and i should have. i switched gears...the first part of my answer was responding to you...the last was for mark. oops!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:23 am

Markwes wrote:
floridafun wrote:hmmmmm am i recalling times you jumped in and answered a question asked of someone else???? i believe so. pot. affraid
As I said, I wanted to hear what Mort likes about Obama. Your so-called answer, something about the same stuff already posted and "why arent you taking up mccains banner and saying what you like about him", wasn't what I was looking for. I have heard plenty of Obama worshipping from you and Bman, and I just couldn't take either of you seriously after all the Hillary bashing during the primaries, and yet Obama is the Messiah. It seems like you changed your tune regarding the Clintons real quickly whan Hillary was announced as a forerunner.

i KNOW what i posted wasnt what you were looking for..you dont want to take up mccains banner and say good things about why you support him. you would much rather pounce on ANY thoughts of anyone being supportive of obama..rule #1 in the rush/rove playbook!

i am not an obama worshipper. i, unlike some on the board, have no need for a magical messiahesque hero to step in and make things ideal. just want to see a human in office who is respectful of other views than his own, knows how to be tactful, willing to negotiate, and assertive. i prefer those characteristics in a leader rather than aggressively controlling and obcessively secretive and blatantly creating truths to fit their teams agenda as has become the neocon methodology.

on billary..i have hopes she will work to get the presumed dem nominee into office. i still dislike about her the same things i have for many years. i have changed my tune on her?? i said she did a couple good speaking engagements supporting obama..i have continued to express reservations about her tho. and i have recently said i probably would have eventually decided to vote for her if she had been the contender..but fortunately i dont have to wrestle with the delima of either more bush or more clinton.

i decline the bait of the "black pot" question.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:32 am

Sure, obviously if I question Obama's qualifications as president, then that means I'm a McCain supporter. Rolling Eyes
I don't wave his banner because I haven't decided anything yet.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:51 am

Markwes wrote:Sure, obviously if I question Obama's qualifications as president, then that means I'm a McCain supporter. Rolling Eyes
I don't wave his banner because I haven't decided anything yet.

Markwes, out of curiosity, did you vote in either of the last two elections? It seems you sound non-committal about expressing your support - not of the candidate, and not of the policy - but of the ideas or issues that are important to a candidate.

I hear you say you agree with platform perspectives of GOP more often than Dem. I'm just asking generally. I totally agree with you (and not to put words in your mout) that remaining non-committal is the best way to resist all the "kool aid" enthusiasm going around.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:50 am

floridafun wrote:
Markwes wrote:

i KNOW what i posted wasnt what you were looking for..you dont want to take up mccains banner and say good things about why you support him. you would much rather pounce on ANY thoughts of anyone being supportive of obama..rule #1 in the rush/rove playbook!

i am not an obama worshipper. i, unlike some on the board, have no need for a magical messiahesque hero to step in and make things ideal. just want to see a human in office who is respectful of other views than his own, knows how to be tactful, willing to negotiate, and assertive. i prefer those characteristics in a leader rather than aggressively controlling and obcessively secretive and blatantly creating truths to fit their teams agenda as has become the neocon methodology.

on billary..i have hopes she will work to get the presumed dem nominee into office. i still dislike about her the same things i have for many years. i have changed my tune on her?? i said she did a couple good speaking engagements supporting obama..i have continued to express reservations about her tho. and i have recently said i probably would have eventually decided to vote for her if she had been the contender..but fortunately i dont have to wrestle with the delima of either more bush or more clinton.

i decline the bait of the "black pot" question.

As always "well spoken" my friend
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down