The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third Debate

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Third Debate Empty Third Debate

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:45 am

Opinions? Thoughts?

I think Obama did extremely well this time around. McCain came off to me as gasping at straws for things to use against Obama. Obama never got riled up, and answered McCain's jaded accusations about ACORN and Ayers quite well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Third Debate Empty Re: Third Debate

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:47 am

Jugomugo wrote:Opinions? Thoughts?

I think Obama did extremely well this time around. McCain came off to me as gasping at straws for things to use against Obama. Obama never got riled up, and answered McCain's jaded accusations about ACORN and Ayers quite well.

Agreed.

I watched a portion where Obama spoke to the campaing ad's by 529's and it looked to me like McCain was holding back one of his outbursts. It seemed he was distinctly squirming in his chair a couple times.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:52 am

meta4 wrote:It seemed he was distinctly squirming in his chair a couple times.
Probably gas.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:58 am

The elderly have that problem. They usually just walk across the room farting while they walk though.

But yeah, I thought McCain was not very composed this evening, and I think it really started show his weakness.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:01 am

Damn...www.joetheplumber.com is already taken...as is the .net version...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:17 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Damn...www.joetheplumber.com is already taken...as is the .net version...

Third Debate 496511
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:38 am

meta4 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Damn...www.joetheplumber.com is already taken...as is the .net version...

Third Debate 496511
Just my thoughts on the debate last night. Joe The Plumber was probably the biggest winner having his name mentioned so many times (and then the morning news shows showing up on his front lawn today). Too bad for him that those website names are already taken. Sorry I didn't explain myself further.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:45 am

Sorry but I lived in Toledo for 7 years and any plumber living there and having TAXABLE income on his schedule C business or his S-Corp business after all of his deductions (depreciation, clothing, healthcare etc ...) if he is netting more than $250,000 he needs to pay more in taxes. After seeing the guy on the news, he ain't making more than $250,000 a year, he looks like a red neck nascar fan who would never vote for Obama anyways.

You all know my two cents worth, McCain looked erratic and desperate last night, so unbecoming for a President. I think through the three debates that most Americans saw which candidate looked, acted, sounded and had the proposals to be a strong and intelligent leader for the free world.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:45 am

"The first point I want to make", "Let's remember what's important" and you can forget the ole "net tax cut"

Betcha he can say them in his sleep.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:54 am

Neither is a perfect speaker, and last nights debates positioned the candidates very close to each other. I thought this was a great move for the organizers. Both looked somewhat less comfortable confronting each other in that proximity than they do when they're in a crowd full of strangers, smacking hands and "daps" [giving gang signs].

It seemed to me that Obama took too long to spit out the words he was trying to assemble. I notice this at about the same time when he was trying to lay the smack down on the mudslinging and 529 ad's. To me this suggests that he's trying to choose his words carefully, but I believe, last night, he did this out of a compulsion to give respect to McCain rather than construct a fabrication or misleading statement as I expect to hear when McCain speaks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:44 pm

Bman wrote:Sorry but I lived in Toledo for 7 years and any plumber living there and having TAXABLE income on his schedule C business or his S-Corp business after all of his deductions (depreciation, clothing, healthcare etc ...) if he is netting more than $250,000 he needs to pay more in taxes. After seeing the guy on the news, he ain't making more than $250,000 a year, he looks like a red neck nascar fan who would never vote for Obama anyways.

I have to wonder if you'd have these same opinions if you were making that dreaded rich amount of money? I'm glad to know you're speaking for all small business owners. Send JB an email letting him know that jobs is a four letter word not three.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:05 pm

Uh-oh...I don't think McCain was wearing a US Flag Lapel Pin last night, whereas Barry was... affraid
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:33 pm

Was listening to NPR...

They discussed Joe the plumber. In his current situation, he would receive a larger tax cut under Obama's tax plan. Even as a business owner unless he's pulling over $250,000 PROFIT (ya know, after all expenses) he would still be better under Obama's tax plan. It was also mentioned that even that Joe said they make $270,000 per year. Under Obama's tax plan, that's still only a $600 increase. So it's not going to affect him hiring people.

Basically, Joe should be voting for Obama if he wants lower taxes. Not McCain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:11 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:Sorry but I lived in Toledo for 7 years and any plumber living there and having TAXABLE income on his schedule C business or his S-Corp business after all of his deductions (depreciation, clothing, healthcare etc ...) if he is netting more than $250,000 he needs to pay more in taxes. After seeing the guy on the news, he ain't making more than $250,000 a year, he looks like a red neck nascar fan who would never vote for Obama anyways.

I have to wonder if you'd have these same opinions if you were making that dreaded rich amount of money? I'm glad to know you're speaking for all small business owners. Send JB an email letting him know that jobs is a four letter word not three.

If I was making $250,000 I would understand that with a $10T debt that a group of fortunate individuals have to pay more.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:13 pm

Jugomugo wrote:Was listening to NPR...

They discussed Joe the plumber. In his current situation, he would receive a larger tax cut under Obama's tax plan. Even as a business owner unless he's pulling over $250,000 PROFIT (ya know, after all expenses) he would still be better under Obama's tax plan. It was also mentioned that even that Joe said they make $270,000 per year. Under Obama's tax plan, that's still only a $600 increase. So it's not going to affect him hiring people.

Basically, Joe should be voting for Obama if he wants lower taxes. Not McCain.

Jugo, LTRT and Markwes won't buy it because Rush and the website AngryWhiteBoy does not agree.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:36 pm

Bman wrote:
Jugo, LTRT and Markwes won't buy it because Rush and the website AngryWhiteBoy does not agree.
Thanks for speaking for me there. Evil or Very Mad
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:40 pm

Hahaha, Joe The Plumber pipes are leaking, he opened a Third Debate 14142 on himself.

Oh and he is wearing a Buckeye's sweatshirt. I Wonder if all the Buckeye's fans owe taxes? Razz

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20081015/plumber_debate_081016/20081016?s_name=uselection2008

America's most famous plumber's backstory sprung a few leaks Thursday.

Joe the Plumber, an Ohio man, was plucked from obscurity during Wednesday's U.S. presidential debate by John McCain as an example of a typical hard-working taxpaying American.

But it turns out 'Joe' -- real name Samuel J. Wurzelbacher -- isn't actually a licensed plumber and owes almost $1,200 in back taxes.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:08 pm

Hahaha... I'm sure McCain's gonna help him out with that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:10 pm

I freakin love "Joe the political candidates whore plumber"!

Cool
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:12 pm

meta4 wrote:I freakin love "Joe the unlicensed, owes taxes plumber"!

Fixed it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:28 pm

Last edited by Jugomugo on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:30 pm

Poor old deer in the headlights... I think that's the look on his supporters' faces when he loses the election.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:35 pm

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

If I was making $250,000 I would understand that with a $10T debt that a group of fortunate individuals have to pay more.

So you would do the patriotic thing and volunteer to pay more taxes huh? Raising taxes on anyone is a foolish thing to do with what's going on in this economy and you know it or maybe you don't understand anything about economics outside of what they teach you down at headquarters. You sure you're not in sales, because that's a pretty good line of bs your throwing out.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:29 am

I'm not really sure how raising taxes on someone who is already wealthy is bad for the economy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 am

lol. Joe the Plumber related to Charles Keating of the Keating 5 Scandal.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-j-elisberg/john-mccain-and-the-joe-t_b_135319.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next