The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCain's Chances Crumbling? Palin Going Rogue?

5 posters

Go down

McCain's Chances Crumbling?  Palin Going Rogue? Empty McCain's Chances Crumbling? Palin Going Rogue?

Post  Guest Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:11 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/25/palin.tension/index.html

Story Highlights
# Sources say there is brewing tension between McCain aides and Palin
# Palin aide says she is trying to take control of her message
# "She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone," says a McCain adviser
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

McCain's Chances Crumbling?  Palin Going Rogue? Empty Re: McCain's Chances Crumbling? Palin Going Rogue?

Post  floridafun Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:09 am

yeah i saw that too jugo..i wondered it its real or if they are just showing her mavericky side for 2012 pig
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

McCain's Chances Crumbling?  Palin Going Rogue? Empty Re: McCain's Chances Crumbling? Palin Going Rogue?

Post  Guest Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:41 am

floridafun wrote:yeah i saw that too jugo..i wondered it its real or if they are just showing her mavericky side for 2012 pig

Florida, we can only HOPE that the republicans are so stupid to nominate this incompetent in 4 years ... if they do Obama rolls to a second term.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:31 pm

i think he will anyway bman. altho it goes against the grain of the rr and neocon hopes, obama supporters dont expect everything to be magically fixed within months at a wave of THE ONES messiahical hand. they are just expecting to make progress and bring the nation to a completely different and much needed inclusive/respectable/for-the-people direction.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:02 pm

floridafun wrote:i think he will anyway bman. altho it goes against the grain of the rr and neocon hopes, obama supporters dont expect everything to be magically fixed within months at a wave of THE ONES messiahical hand. they are just expecting to make progress and bring the nation to a completely different and much needed inclusive/respectable/for-the-people direction.

I thought he would feed with the world with a few fish and some water. He can't? Really? I thought I heard he had healed leepers too, made the blind see and parted the red sea? I guess my bubble has been burst, he is just a normal every day average Joe Six Pack. Couldn't call him a plumber he is not licenced. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:14 pm

Bman wrote:I thought he would feed with the world with a few fish and some water. He can't? Really? I thought I heard he had healed leepers too, made the blind see and parted the red sea? I guess my bubble has been burst, he is just a normal every day average Joe Six Pack. Couldn't call him a plumber he is not licenced. lol
No, silly. He isn't the Messiah. His supporters just think he is.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:58 pm

no sorry mark they dont...its what those like you who need to compartmentalize things they dont understand call it. those lost on the political sea of "where is a candidate i can believe in?"..want to feel the excitement but nobody is generating it for you, so you have to use mockery to cut down those who have a candidate they are excited about.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:31 am

well put my friend cheers
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:48 am

floridafun wrote:no sorry mark they dont...its what those like you who need to compartmentalize things they dont understand call it. those lost on the political sea of "where is a candidate i can believe in?"..want to feel the excitement but nobody is generating it for you, so you have to use mockery to cut down those who have a candidate they are excited about.
Hey, Bman brought it up. I guess he can use mockery/sarcasm but I can't.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:14 am

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:I thought he would feed with the world with a few fish and some water. He can't? Really? I thought I heard he had healed leepers too, made the blind see and parted the red sea? I guess my bubble has been burst, he is just a normal every day average Joe Six Pack. Couldn't call him a plumber he is not licenced. lol
No, silly. He isn't the Messiah. His supporters just think he is.

Is that all you got? I have criticized him in the past...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:20 pm

your frequent use of Messiah says much, but you knew that.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:25 am

floridafun wrote:your frequent use of Messiah says much, but you knew that.
Another 15 uses of that term and I'll be right up there with your use of "the Rove playbook". Another 20 times and I'll be close to your reference to Rush and/or sheep.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:30 am

lulz. Mark made me laugh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:33 am

Just keep in mind that Palin is a Diva. Diva for VP!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:33 am

Markwes wrote:
Another 15 uses of that term and I'll be right up there with your use of "the Rove playbook". Another 20 times and I'll be close to your reference to Rush and/or sheep.
LOL...how many more times to get even with 'bushco'???
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:35 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Now you're steppin' over the line Cincyco Twisted Evil
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:37 am

LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Now you're steppin' over the line Cincyco Twisted Evil

Why is there always something to do with a line and Cincy being involved?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:57 pm

So Campbell Brown thinks "Diva" is a sexist term.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/27/campbell.brown.palin.diva/index.html

Let's just start with the word diva. It is obviously a sexist slight -- a term that is only applied to women, almost always in a derogatory way. It's usually applied to women who are viewed as overly ambitious. It is applied to demanding women, to women who follow their own path.

There is really no equivalent word for men -- except maybe "successful."

So, with that in mind, I applaud Sarah Palin, or any other woman, for embracing her inner diva and "busting free" of what she believes is a damaging situation.

But we are going to go easy on the Helen Reddy here, because what is really pathetic about all of this is the hypocrisy.

I disagree with Ms. Brown. Diva, as I have heard it used is not a derogatory term. I'd liken it to "leader", with a side order of "opinionated".

Hey, It's a hell of a lot better than "McCain's bitch". I have not one reservation with her stepping out and being unique, but it's not exactly the expected "team player" approach to have a rookie call the shots. When picked as a VP running mate for President, Palin said she was ready for the job. It appears that view may have been shattered by something unknown. I'd like to think it was the outing of the wardrobe details, and the lame response from the campaign that "they'll be donated to charity". What is rather insensitive, that maybe someone should have asked her if she wanted to keep the $2500 blazer or the $800 boots before they were promised to charity.

If I was a diva, that would seriously piss me off.

Anyhow, It's nice to see all of these MSM media types express concerned about a "sexist" term. (snicker - at the media)

Oh, and there's plenty of male equivalent's to diva....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:09 pm

meta4 wrote:It's a hell of a lot better than "McCain's bitch"

I still think McCain's Bitch is quite fitting. I mean, she is a pitbull with lipstick. And is basically a pawn for the party...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:17 pm

Jugomugo wrote:
meta4 wrote:It's a hell of a lot better than "McCain's bitch"

I still think McCain's Bitch is quite fitting. I mean, she is a pitbull with lipstick. And is basically a pawn for the party...

I don't disagree, except for the bitch part. Diva fits better and they shoulda let her do her thing from day one.

It's a tough call. She said she was ready, was she really? I look at their whole campaign with an "it is what it is" or has been. I looked at the thing objectively and up until he asked Palin to be his running mate he had a race, after that... quickly after that... it became what it became.

You can't be a politician then point the finger at the public saying "they did this to me".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down