The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Cabinet Position for Hillary?

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Possible Cabinet Position for Hillary? Empty Possible Cabinet Position for Hillary?

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:16 pm

Would you feel comfortable with Hillary Clinton being part of the new admin's cabinet? If so, what position?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Possible Cabinet Position for Hillary? Empty Re: Possible Cabinet Position for Hillary?

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:50 pm

She's a Goldwater Republican turned moderate Democrat: I doubt there's a place for her on this cabinet. I hope she gets a Supreme Court position even though she says she doesn't want it. I saw picture of her at a recent event and she looks rested and quite good. The campaign trail is brutal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Possible Cabinet Position for Hillary? Empty Re: Possible Cabinet Position for Hillary?

Post  floridafun Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:15 pm

not sure on a cabinate position for her. obama is smart..she isnt going to change methods and tactics and does he need someone he basically needs a babysitter for? i had thought supreme court at one time. not any more. i still think some position within his insurance project..but not a cabinate lead.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:18 am

Vis wrote:She's a Goldwater Republican turned moderate Democrat: I doubt there's a place for her on this cabinet. I hope she gets a Supreme Court position even though she says she doesn't want it. I saw picture of her at a recent event and she looks rested and quite good. The campaign trail is brutal.

Ok ... where is the anger from right wing on this statement. Had I called Hillary a moderate you guys would be all over me. Just because VIS celebrated his 50th. birthday don't cut him any slack.

j/k
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Vis wrote:She's a Goldwater Republican turned moderate Democrat: I doubt there's a place for her on this cabinet. I hope she gets a Supreme Court position even though she says she doesn't want it. I saw picture of her at a recent event and she looks rested and quite good. The campaign trail is brutal.

Is that why you wanted her to win the presidency Vis, because of her moderate stance?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:41 am

Well, it looks like she's the top candidate now for Secretary of State...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/11/secretary-of-st.html

ABC News’ Martha Raddatz, Jake Tapper and Z. Byron Wolf report: Sen. Hillary Clinton, who was President-elect Barack Obama’s leading rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, is being considered for the job of secretary of state in the Obama administration, sources with knowledge of the transition process tell ABC News.

Discussions about Clinton, D-N.Y., being asked to accept the post are "very serious," an Obama source says.

Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., has been considered a leading contender for the post. But last week, ABC News’ chief Washington correspondent George Stephanopoulos reported on "Good Morning America" that Clinton also was in the running to be Obama’s secretary of state pick.

Though Clinton and Obama ran a contentious primary campaign for the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination, Sen. Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, both campaigned for Obama in the general election campaign against the Republican nominee, Sen. John McCain of Arizona.

Asked if Hillary Clinton would consider the secretary of state job, a former official in President Clinton’s administration said, "I think so. What would you rather do -- be senator or secretary of state?"
She just needs to watch out for sniper fire and corkscrew landings when visiting other nations IF she gets this...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:08 am

I still don't understand why she would want this post? If she has her eye on the WH in 8 years then I think she would stay in the Senate or run for the NY Gov. spot. Now if she has decided that in 8 years her time will have come and gone then maybe I can see being part of the Obama Admin. Guess this shows how much I do not know. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:15 am

If she is offered a position and does accept it, it would show there is unity in their party.
Especially after the primaries.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:50 am

Vis wrote:I hope she gets a Supreme Court position even though she says she doesn't want it.

Ok, you're on my sh*t list. I can't believe you just said that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:55 am

Canuck wrote:If she is offered a position and does accept it, it would show there is unity in their party.

I care more about a united states than a united party.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:58 am

meta4 wrote:
Canuck wrote:If she is offered a position and does accept it, it would show there is unity in their party.

And if they are not united as a party how could they unite the country?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Canuck wrote:
meta4 wrote:

And if they are not united as a party how could they unite the country?

Well, I'd hope people would wake up and figure out that democracy makes the parties and WE (the people) should be leading. After all, they (the elected ones) work for us.

Instead, it seems the parties carry around this mentality that they are the leaders and the people are the followers. I'd say much of the fractured union is a result of the political parties preying upon demographics. Keeping demographic groups separate from one another makes campaigning easier.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:12 pm

i think if she takes it, maybe there will be an agreement she wont run for any other office while she holds the position? and it would keep bill in obamas corner if hillary does well with the position. i hope she can learn the difference between back biting and constructive disagreeing tho! would bills finances have any impact on this position--require vetting? must not be an issue or it wouldnt be floating around out there. she has done well for the party and obama..but she is hillary after all. if she wants another prez run in the 2012 shot, she has to be able to show a record where she disagreed with what he has done on some fronts. saying so just because she is running wont be enough. thats why i wonder about some agreement where she wont run for prez while obama is in office.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:06 pm

meta4 wrote: Ok, you're on my sh*t list. I can't believe you just said that.

That hurts me. Did you revoke my "GodMod" rights?

FF you raise some good points. I would be shocked if she took it exactly for the reasons you stated. The reason she may take it is because as a Junior Senator she is pretty far down the leadership totem pole and there isn't anything that can be done about that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:47 am

Vis wrote:
meta4 wrote: Ok, you're on my sh*t list. I can't believe you just said that.

That hurts me. Did you revoke my "GodMod" rights?

FF you raise some good points. I would be shocked if she took it exactly for the reasons you stated. The reason she may take it is because as a Junior Senator she is pretty far down the leadership totem pole and there isn't anything that can be done about that.

Naw man, you still have the ModGod. What I'm wondering is what (In Your Opinion) makes her Supreme Court worthy? I can't see her being nominated for SC.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:12 am

according to todays news reports bills finances would need disclosed. i think bill richardson would be the best person for the job. i like kerry but i dont think this is a good fit for him..something else will be offered if he isnt given this job.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:10 am

floridafun wrote:according to todays news reports bills finances would need disclosed. i think bill richardson would be the best person for the job. i like kerry but i dont think this is a good fit for him..something else will be offered if he isnt given this job.
I actually agree with you on Bill Richardson. He seems like a relative good guy who keeps his nose clean in politics. The only knock against him serving in an Obama Admin is that he was also the US Ambassador to the UN during Wm. Jefferson Clinton's presidency, so some might ask how is that "change." I'd be willing to look past that if it comes down to him and Hillary though.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:55 am

LOL... Cincy, there are already plenty of people from Bill's administration. But if we're back to anybody but Hilary then you guys have fun. Meta, I'll email you the answer to your question as soon as I get a minute to compose a reply probably through your website.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:06 pm

Vis wrote:Meta, I'll email you the answer to your question as soon as I get a minute to compose a reply probably through your website.

Cool.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:13 am

Hillary Clinton to accept Obama's offer of secretary of state job
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/17/hillary-clinton-secretary-of-state
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:42 am

WOW I didn't think she would take it Cool
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:45 am

I didn't think she would either, but it looks like the Clinton machine is taking shape once again.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:49 am

oh well they did get us out of debt after the last Bush.

Now we got to do it again.

If you look at all the business W. Bush had in his life time he ran them all into the dirt and broke em all!

Did the same with the country also affraid Possible Cabinet Position for Hillary? 14142
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:01 pm

Mort wrote:oh well they did get us out of debt after the last Bush.

Now we got to do it again.

If you look at all the business W. Bush had in his life time he ran them all into the dirt and broke em all!

Did the same with the country also affraid Possible Cabinet Position for Hillary? 14142
Did they get us out of debt? I thought it was more of a case that they "balanced the budget" for fiscal year 2001 so that they weren't spending more than they took in. Correct me if I'm wrong...it's been a few years.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:09 pm

No I think there was a real surplus at the end of his 8 years Shocked
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next