The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama has more threats than other presidents-elect.

4 posters

Go down

Obama has more threats than other presidents-elect. Empty Obama has more threats than other presidents-elect.

Post  Canuck Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:34 am

I figured it would only be a matter of time before this issue becomes prominent.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081115/ap_on_el_pr/obama_threats

WASHINGTON – Threats against a new president historically spike right after an election, but from Maine to Idaho law enforcement officials are seeing more against Barack Obama than ever before. The Secret Service would not comment or provide the number of cases they are investigating. But since the Nov. 4 election, law enforcement officials have seen more potentially threatening writings, Internet postings and other activity directed at Obama than has been seen with any past president-elect, said officials aware of the situation who spoke on condition of anonymity because the issue of a president's security is so sensitive.

Earlier this week, the Secret Service looked into the case of a sign posted on a tree in Vay, Idaho, with Obama's name and the offer of a "free public hanging." In North Carolina, civil rights officials complained of threatening racist graffiti targeting Obama found in a tunnel near the North Carolina State University campus.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Obama has more threats than other presidents-elect. Empty Re: Obama has more threats than other presidents-elect.

Post  floridafun Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:15 am

i think he has the best security in the world and will be fine. but for all those who think there isnt any racism these days should get real...not that all the potential threats are probably officially race-based.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Obama has more threats than other presidents-elect. Empty Re: Obama has more threats than other presidents-elect.

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:15 am

I'm not surprised either by the threats, but I kind of wonder if the "number" might be inflated due to the shear fact that we're now in the supposed "Information Age" and things like chat rooms and message boards are around now that only add to the volume. I don't know, I could be wrong.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I'm not surprised either by the threats, but I kind of wonder if the "number" might be inflated due to the shear fact that we're now in the supposed "Information Age" and things like chat rooms and message boards are around now that only add to the volume. I don't know, I could be wrong.

I hear ya on that one. But, considering the amount of racists in this country, I'm sure the number is higher than the average white politician.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:39 am

It is incredible that there are people out there still so uneducated and ignorant.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081116/ap_on_re_us/obama_racial;_ylt=Apg7U1P3LSg.hZDuoLW1tkjLLJ94

Obama election spurs race crimes around country.
By JESSE WASHINGTON, AP National Writer Jesse Washington, Ap National Writer – Sun Nov 16, 6:19 am ET

Cross burnings. Schoolchildren chanting "Assassinate Obama." Black figures hung from nooses. Racial epithets scrawled on homes and cars.

Incidents around the country referring to President-elect Barack Obama are dampening the postelection glow of racial progress and harmony, highlighting the stubborn racism that remains in America.

From California to Maine, police have documented a range of alleged crimes, from vandalism and vague threats to at least one physical attack. Insults and taunts have been delivered by adults, college students and second-graders.

There have been "hundreds" of incidents since the election, many more than usual, said Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors hate crimes.

One was in Snellville, Ga., where Denene Millner said a boy on the school bus told her 9-year-old daughter the day after the election: "I hope Obama gets assassinated." That night, someone trashed her sister-in-law's front lawn, mangled the Obama lawn signs, and left two pizza boxes filled with human feces outside the front door, Millner said.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:20 pm

Canuck wrote:It is incredible that there are people out there still so uneducated and ignorant.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081116/ap_on_re_us/obama_racial;_ylt=Apg7U1P3LSg.hZDuoLW1tkjLLJ94

Obama election spurs race crimes around country.
By JESSE WASHINGTON, AP National Writer Jesse Washington, Ap National Writer – Sun Nov 16, 6:19 am ET

Cross burnings. Schoolchildren chanting "Assassinate Obama." Black figures hung from nooses. Racial epithets scrawled on homes and cars.

Incidents around the country referring to President-elect Barack Obama are dampening the postelection glow of racial progress and harmony, highlighting the stubborn racism that remains in America.

From California to Maine, police have documented a range of alleged crimes, from vandalism and vague threats to at least one physical attack. Insults and taunts have been delivered by adults, college students and second-graders.

There have been "hundreds" of incidents since the election, many more than usual, said Mark Potok, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors hate crimes.

One was in Snellville, Ga., where Denene Millner said a boy on the school bus told her 9-year-old daughter the day after the election: "I hope Obama gets assassinated." That night, someone trashed her sister-in-law's front lawn, mangled the Obama lawn signs, and left two pizza boxes filled with human feces outside the front door, Millner said.

This is truly sad to read. But it does not shock me, if we will murder unborn babies, etc... anything goes.
We all knew this would be an issue. I do hope nothing happens to him or his family.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:32 pm

Sad thing is Doe/Moon that it is people JUST like YOU that will do something like this ... look around your friends and acquintances that share your beliefs, you are one of the crackpots.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down