The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone calling in gay Wednesday?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone calling in gay Wednesday? Empty Anyone calling in gay Wednesday?

Post  Markwes Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:52 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,464024,00.html

SAN FRANCISCO — Some same-sex marriage supporters are urging people to "call in gay" Wednesday to show how much the country relies on gays and lesbians, but others question whether it's wise to encourage skipping work given the nation's economic distress.

There are so many humorous ways I could go with this story but I'll just ask a serious one. Does anyone question that gays are a vital part of the workforce? I guess I'm missing the point.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Anyone calling in gay Wednesday? Empty Re: Anyone calling in gay Wednesday?

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:32 pm

I think days like that are stupid in general. If they get it, then I should get "my" day...as a lifelong Bengals fan, I've been suffering for 18 years. People should call in to support me. Think of how much more of a productive citizen I would be if Mike Brown would step down and the Bengals start winning again!

And don't even try to tell me I should "switch" to another team. Oh no, I didn't choose to become a Bengals fan, I was born a Bengals fan!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:57 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I think days like that are stupid in general. If they get it, then I should get "my" day...as a lifelong Bengals fan, I've been suffering for 18 years. People should call in to support me. Think of how much more of a productive citizen I would be if Mike Brown would step down and the Bengals start winning again!

And don't even try to tell me I should "switch" to another team. Oh no, I didn't choose to become a Bengals fan, I was born a Bengals fan!

+10 for the nature/nurture reference... We have room for more colts fans... Help us help you heal the sin that is a bengals fan...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:01 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I think days like that are stupid in general. If they get it, then I should get "my" day...as a lifelong Bengals fan, I've been suffering for 18 years. People should call in to support me. Think of how much more of a productive citizen I would be if Mike Brown would step down and the Bengals start winning again!

I'm not exactly sure, but did you just say Bengals fans are gay?
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:18 pm

IrishGuy wrote:

No, not that there's anything wrong with that though. Laughing

You'll like this one. Last night I was getting pizza from Little Caeser's. The guy in front of me had a Colts sweatshirt on, so I said to him, "Excuse me sir. I'm a Bengals fan. What's it like to root for a real NFL team?" He just laughed.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:21 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:

No, not that there's anything wrong with that though. Laughing

You'll like this one. Last night I was getting pizza from Little Caeser's. The guy in front of me had a Colts sweatshirt on, so I said to him, "Excuse me sir. I'm a Bengals fan. What's it like to root for a real NFL team?" He just laughed.

YOU GO GIRL!

So, did you get the digits? Razz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:23 pm

meta4 wrote:So, did you get the digits? Razz
Sorry, I'm a little slow today (hold all jokes), but that completely sailed over my head... scratch
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:35 pm

pez wrote:+10 for the nature/nurture reference... We have room for more colts fans... Help us help you heal the sin that is a bengals fan...
It is tempting to become a Colts fan. But I'm certain that as soon as I pledge my allegiance to them, they'll start to suck and the Bengals will start to "un-suck" (would that be 'blow'?).
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:47 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Sorry, I'm a little slow today (hold all jokes), but that completely sailed over my head... scratch

Digits = phone number

Since you're gay (see Bengals fan reference above) and it was a guy with said "digits".
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:55 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Digits = phone number

Since you're gay (see Bengals fan reference above) and it was a guy with said "digits".
affraid geek
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:You'll like this one. Last night I was getting pizza from Little Caeser's. The guy in front of me had a Colts sweatshirt on, so I said to him, "Excuse me sir. I'm a Bengals fan. What's it like to root for a real NFL team?" He just laughed.
Since you've hijacked my thread... pirat

Here is what you could have said. "Excuse me sir. I'm a Bengals fan. What's it like to root for a team owned by a family that moved it from Baltimore where it had a long storied football tradition to a midwest city that hardly ever had even thought of football and then when it won Indianapolis over blackmailed the city by threatening to leave if the they didn't build a new stadium costing the Indiana taxpayers big dollars?" He might not have laughed then.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:12 pm

Markwes wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:You'll like this one. Last night I was getting pizza from Little Caeser's. The guy in front of me had a Colts sweatshirt on, so I said to him, "Excuse me sir. I'm a Bengals fan. What's it like to root for a real NFL team?" He just laughed.
Since you've hijacked my thread... pirat

Here is what you could have said. "Excuse me sir. I'm a Bengals fan. What's it like to root for a team owned by a family that moved it from Baltimore where it had a long storied football tradition to a midwest city that hardly ever had even thought of football and then when it won Indianapolis over blackmailed the city by threatening to leave if the they didn't build a new stadium costing the Indiana taxpayers big dollars?" He might not have laughed then.

Yea, but that doesnt make him any less of a stay-at-home wednesday fag... Bears/Bengals, whats the dif really? All a bunch of men in tights that suck....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:22 pm

Markwes wrote:Since you've hijacked my thread... pirat
Sorry. Embarassed
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:36 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Sorry. Embarassed
Hey, no big deal. That is, if the Bengals can take out the Redskins this weekend. I'm not asking too much am I?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Didn't they learn anything from that day the mexicans were all supposed to stay home. Didn't really change a damn thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:55 pm

Markwes wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Sorry. Embarassed
Hey, no big deal. That is, if the Bengals can take out the Redskins this weekend. I'm not asking too much am I?
Yeah, shouldn't be a huge deal. Why don't you just ask for gas to be less than $2 a gallon while you're at it?...oops, already is... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:57 pm

any time the thread becomes sport-ish i generally gloss over that stuff....egad now i have to go back and reread evrery where the topic turned to sports...this cracked me up! cheers
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:07 pm

floridafun wrote:any time the thread becomes sport-ish i generally gloss over that stuff....egad now i have to go back and reread evrery where the topic turned to sports...this cracked me up! cheers

So we've decided that sports fans are gay? Or just Bengal fans?

For you straight men out there; what excuse are you going to use? I can just hear Cincy now " um yeah, I woke up this morning with a really sore butt, I think I'm gay and won't be in today"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:31 pm

Vis wrote:
floridafun wrote:any time the thread becomes sport-ish i generally gloss over that stuff....egad now i have to go back and reread evrery where the topic turned to sports...this cracked me up! cheers

For you straight men out there; what excuse are you going to use? I can just hear Cincy now " um yeah, I woke up this morning with a really sore butt, I think I'm gay and won't be in today"
Negative on your first 2 questions. Laughing

I plan to be at work tomorrow bright & early!!! Very Happy
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:18 pm

Vis wrote:So we've decided that sports fans are gay? Or just Bengal fans?
Cincy might have said the Bengal fans are getting screwed by the team's management. I thought he was talking figuratively, but I could be wrong. cyclops

So are we going to call this "Gay Day", to be followed by "Queer Year"?

Last edited by Markwes on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:27 pm

that's okay...anytime I see a post with more than 10 paragraphs I tend to gloss over as well. Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:30 pm

Markwes wrote:
So are going to call this "Gay Day", to be followed by "Queer Year"?

Decade of Decadence!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:12 am

Vis wrote:

It's decided that Colts fans have the most unambiguous gender preference among all NFL fans.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down