The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama throws Biden under the bus

4 posters

Go down

Obama throws Biden under the bus Empty Obama throws Biden under the bus

Post  LTRT Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:16 am

Barack Obama throws Joe Biden under the bus
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/toby_harnden/blog/2009/02/10/barack_obama_throws_joe_biden_under_the_bus

Pity poor Joe Biden. His "there's still a 30 percent chance we're going to get it wrong" quote is put straight to President Barack Obama during the White House press conference just now and his boss seemed to want to say: "Vice-President Who?"

As reporters started giggling, Obama came close to conceding that Biden was indeed a joke. "You know, I don't remember exactly what Joe was referring to, not surprisingly."

The President went on to say that "I think what Joe may have been suggesting, although I wouldn't ascribe any numerical percentage to any of this, is that given the magnitude of the challenges that we have, any single thing that we do is going to be part of the solution, not all of the solution."

Of course, Biden wasn't saying anything of the sort - Obama knew that and all the rest of us did too.

This coming from the great communicator... clown
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Obama throws Biden under the bus Empty Re: Obama throws Biden under the bus

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:28 am

I like reading some of the comments posted on the web page at the bottom.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:28 am

mountains... molehills...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:32 am

so what were you hoping for..a scathing dressing-down? calling joe a freaking liar? chastising joe for leaking state-secret comments that should be protected by executive order? know you would have eaten any one of those options up Basketball why cant that darn obama just be more like bush or ronnie!!?!! ohhhh guess he is where he is because the majority of america DIDNT WANT THAT!!!

having actually watched the event, i saw nothing wrong in his response. but for those looking real hard for something to critique i guess it was a nugget better than nothing.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:53 am

I thought the question about Barack's opinion of A-Rod's admission to taking steroids was stupid. Barack did fine answering it, but come on, I think the prez has more pressing matters to concern himself with than a baseball player who makes more money in one year ($25M+) than any of us combined will achieve in our lifetime (sans maybe the Aboiters and LTRT Razz ).

Hey while you're at it, why don't you ask him how he thinks the ChiSox will do this year?

I just didn't think last night was the time or place for that question.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:57 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I thought the question about Barack's opinion of A-Rod's admission to taking steroids was stupid. Barack did fine answering it, but come on, I think the prez has more pressing matters to concern himself with than a baseball player who makes more money in one year ($25M+) than any of us combined will achieve in our lifetime (sans maybe the Aboiters and LTRT Razz ).

Hey while you're at it, why don't you ask him how he thinks the ChiSox will do this year?

Better watch it there, FF will accuse you of distorting the truth and tells us that if Bush would've answered more questions like that then the country wouldn't be in the shape that it is. Twisted Evil
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:58 am

LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I thought the question about Barack's opinion of A-Rod's admission to taking steroids was stupid. Barack did fine answering it, but come on, I think the prez has more pressing matters to concern himself with than a baseball player who makes more money in one year ($25M+) than any of us combined will achieve in our lifetime (sans maybe the Aboiters and LTRT Razz ).

Better watch it there, FF will accuse you of distorting the truth and tells us that if Bush would've answered more questions like that then the country wouldn't be in the shape that it is. Twisted Evil
Eh, I think I'm alright from her wrath. I'm only questioning the questioner and actually paid the guy I voted for a compliment! Very Happy
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:06 am

the question kinda surprised me too..wondered whether the asker was trying to inject a bit lighthearted chat into all the unpleasant reality of the financial situation.

a coworker, a repub of long firm standing told me he never thought he would say this because being firmly repub he hasnt listened much to obama except bytes here and there which he tends to disagree with him on...said wow it was great to hear a president who gives thought to on-the-spot questions and doesnt answer them all with either repetetive prepared statements or dismissal, whether you agree with him or not.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down