The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

5 posters

Go down

House Democrats propose $410B spending bill Empty House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

Post  LTRT Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:53 pm

House Democrats propose $410B spending bill
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/House-Democrats-propose-410B-apf-14450221.html

The measure includes thousands of earmarks, the pet projects favored by lawmakers but often criticized by the public in opinion polls. There was no official total of the bill's earmarks, which accounted for at least $3.8 billion.

The legislation, which includes an increase of roughly 8 percent over spending in the last fiscal year, is expected to clear the House later in the week.

Democrats defended the spending increases, saying they were needed to make up for cuts enacted in recent years or proposed a year ago by then-President George W. Bush in health, education, energy and other programs.

Knock'em dead Nancy Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

House Democrats propose $410B spending bill Empty Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

Post  floridafun Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:50 am

i also just read on mcclatchey that 40% of those earmarks are also inserted by republicans who are also against earmarks. of course when they are republicanese ""projects"" they dont consider them to be earmarks....also. ((guess i am in a drill sarah-also-baby drill mood today)) pig

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/62742.html
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

House Democrats propose $410B spending bill Empty Re: House Democrats propose $410B spending bill

Post  LTRT Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:55 am

floridafun wrote:i also just read on mcclatchey that 40% of those earmarks are also inserted by republicans who are also against earmarks. of course when they are republicanese ""projects"" they dont consider them to be earmarks....also. ((guess i am in a drill sarah-also-baby drill mood today)) pig

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/62742.html

Now that Bush is out of office, please tells us that you're not going to insert 'sarah' into every post now. Twisted Evil Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:58 am

This thread is worthless with out half naked pictures of Sarah Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:09 am

soooo ltr...no response to the 40% inserted by republicans? its all about the axis of evil obama team? Basketball
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:21 am

floridafun wrote:soooo ltrt...no response to the 40% inserted by republicans? its all about the axis of evil obama team? Basketball

Just in case you didn't notice my signature:

"Congress is usually void of leadership. I don't know that Congress will ever have any leadership because they are always running for reelection. Trying to get reelected every two years breeds great jumpers and not great leaders. Congressman and senators are quick to jump on a horse and ride off in a direction they think the people might be going. A great leader will never try to jump up to the head of a convoy of troops or even public citizens."
General George S. Patton

Show me someone in congress that actually cares about the people and I'll make you a great deal on some property that I own in Florida.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:42 am

gee i do appreciate you clarifying that you think everyone in congress and senate is worthy of your attention/criticism..because i hadnt figured it out based on your posts..does seem to me the repubs get a pretty much free pass from you. guess they arent doing anything to make you wanna gripe drunken
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:51 am

floridafun wrote:gee i do appreciate you clarifying that you think everyone in congress and senate is worthy of your attention/criticism..because i hadnt figured it out based on your posts..does seem to me the repubs get a pretty much free pass from you. guess they arent doing anything to make you wanna gripe drunken

Guess you didn't notice, "Knock'em dead Nancy", if you think she's doing a great job, well that's just dandy then. Smile
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:57 am

i watched rachel maddow interview nancy last nite and i was definately impressed. again you are all about bashing only dems, thanx for supporting my last comment Razz
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:11 pm

floridafun wrote:i watched rachel maddow interview nancy last nite and i was definately impressed. again you are all about bashing only dems, thanx for supporting my last comment Razz

floridafun wrote:...again you are all about bashing only dems,...

How'd you used to put it with Doe? KETTLE? Rolling Eyes Let's see, do we want a comparison of your posts bashing the GOP vs my bashing the dems? I will humbly admit defeat right now. Next topic please Arrow
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:53 pm

http://www.jg.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090226/NEWS03/902269914

‘Hard choices’ budget sees $1.75 trillion deficit
WASHINGTON - President Obama unveiled a multi-trillion-dollar spending plan Thursday that would boost taxes on the wealthy, curtail Medicare, lay the groundwork for universal health care and leave a string of deficits dwarfing any in the nation's history.

Holy Schmoley Batman!
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:54 pm

Markwes wrote:http://www.jg.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090226/NEWS03/902269914

WASHINGTON - President Obama unveiled a multi-trillion-dollar spending plan Thursday that would boost taxes on the wealthy, curtail Medicare, lay the groundwork for universal health care and leave a string of deficits dwarfing any in the nation's history.

Holy Schmoley Batman!

Quit bashing the dems. Twisted Evil
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:04 pm

Markwes wrote:http://www.jg.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090226/NEWS03/902269914

Holy Schmoley Batman!

Aye... figures lie and liars figure. Lets hope at least some of these major steps (medicare, unihealth) are visionary and not just another manufactured temporary stopgap measure that will be outmoded in 12 years and need major rework.

The other shoe will drop and I also hope it's on the side of curtailing or reorganizing a number ineffective programs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:06 pm

Yeah, and Bush got criticized for running up the national debt. Rolling Eyes
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:55 am

LTRT wrote:

Holy Schmoley Batman!

Quit bashing the dems. Twisted Evil

i dont mind that you bash the dems at all ltr..i just find it amusing you imply your an equal opportunity basher of all politicians (from your signature line as you pointed out), but you are so preoccupied with the dems CHANGING STUFF as they committed to do and were voted into office to do..you dont make negative observations on the repub side. i AM a neocon basher. liberals have had a long struggle to finally gain some power to improve our broken system and i definately am watching the obama teams efforts toward improving things.

just curious...who do you feel would be a better option than obama as our current prez?
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:46 am

floridafun wrote:just curious...who do you feel would be a better option than obama as our current prez?

Do the words "big government" ring a bell? scratch

The era of big government arrives
http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/columnist/raasch/2009-02-26-2009-02-26-newpolitics_N.htm

Edit: my bad, read it too quick, thought (who) was why. Answer: let's see, nearly 60 million said JM Wink

Last edited by LTRT on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:06 pm

"Not because I believe in bigger government — I don't," Obama said. "Not because I'm not mindful of the massive debt we've inherited — I am. I called for action because the failure to do so would have cost more jobs and cost more hardships."
I'm confused. Is he trying to say that nobody on the Republican side wanted to do anything? I think both parties were in agreement that 'something' had to be done. It's just they're all in disagreement over how HUGE this stimulus plan is and that is was forced through in no time at all with hardly any room for debate.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:40 pm

Here's where I sit back and patiently wait to see what effect the plan will have rather than pre-determine how many piglets the sow will eat.

I get tired of reading MSM fluff articles filled with that "prediction therapy"... although, I guess it does provide some mild entertainment and help to pass the time. Razz

What WAS the topic of discussion exactly?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:15 pm

http://news.aol.com/main/obama-presidency/article/obama-economy/380586

(March 12) – President Barack Obama and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner received failing grades for their efforts to revive the world's largest economy, according to participants in the latest Wall Street Journal forecasting survey.
A majority of the 49 economists polled said they were dissatisfied with the administration's economic policies, according to the paper, a stark contrast to Obama's popularity ratings with the general public.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:39 am

sigh....

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/60859.html

Economists think the stimulus plan that the House of Representatives will vote on Wednesday, while far from perfect, will help stimulate the moribund U.S. economy.

There's no panacea for what ails the economy. A stimulus plan will work only in combination with other actions, such as more aid to the banking system to spark lending and boost consumer confidence, and the implementation of any plan will be as important as what's in it.

However, most leading economists who are experienced in public policy generally favor the stimulus plan that the House is considering because through it the government will step up spending at a time when private-sector spending has fallen off sharply.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:58 am

floridafun wrote:sigh....

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/60859.html

Economists think the stimulus plan that the House of Representatives will vote on Wednesday, while far from perfect, will help stimulate the moribund U.S. economy.

There's no panacea for what ails the economy. A stimulus plan will work only in combination with other actions, such as more aid to the banking system to spark lending and boost consumer confidence, and the implementation of any plan will be as important as what's in it.

However, most leading economists who are experienced in public policy generally favor the stimulus plan that the House is considering because through it the government will step up spending at a time when private-sector spending has fallen off sharply.
Besides the fact that your story is from January 27, the main criticism in the new article is of inaction for reviving the banking system, not of the stimulus package. I put it in this thread because I didn't really want to start a new one.
"The economists' main criticism of the Obama team centered on delays in enacting key parts of plans to rescue banks, the paper said."
And from your story, as you quoted yourself:
"A stimulus plan will work only in combination with other actions, such as more aid to the banking system to spark lending and boost consumer confidence, and the implementation of any plan will be as important as what's in it."
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:25 pm

Well for the last several month's the only thing out of Obama's mouth was the economy is bad....need the stimulus plans (laden with pork) to pass or our economy will continue to go down the toilet.

After passing a couple of trillion dollar bills. The economy is now not that bad. House Democrats propose $410B spending bill 638766

President Barack Obama mounted a stout defense of his blueprint to overhaul the economy Thursday, declaring the national crisis is "not as bad as we think"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090312/ap_on_go_co/obama_economy
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:17 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:Well for the last several month's the only thing out of Obama's mouth was the economy is bad....need the stimulus plans (laden with pork) to pass or our economy will continue to go down the toilet.

After passing a couple of trillion dollar bills. The economy is now not that bad. House Democrats propose $410B spending bill 638766

President Barack Obama mounted a stout defense of his blueprint to overhaul the economy Thursday, declaring the national crisis is "not as bad as we think"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090312/ap_on_go_co/obama_economy

Laden with pork? Man I'd love to read through some of your favorite kosher or vegan cookbooks...

The "problem" with the economy, and I'm eating my words as I say this, is that most people haven't got a clue what it's about. (RIP Card) The "problem" is in between the ears, not in between soundbites or news articles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down