The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill O'Reilly Says He's Not a Republican, Bill Maher Says He's Not a Democrat

2 posters

Go down

Bill O'Reilly Says He's Not a Republican, Bill Maher Says He's Not a Democrat Empty Bill O'Reilly Says He's Not a Republican, Bill Maher Says He's Not a Democrat

Post  Aggie Transplant Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:34 pm

excerpt from one of my favorite columnists in the Houston Chronicle, Ken Hoffman:

I had a fun exchange with, and an invitation to appear on, Fox News' O'Reilly Factor this week.
A producer for the Factor e-mailed me, saying he didn't appreciate my little observation:

Bill OReilly says, "I am not a Republican."

Bill Maher says, "I am not a Democrat."

Really, Bill and Bill?

So all that hatred and bashing of one party makes you an independent?"

The producer challenged me to produce an example of O'Reilly hating on the Democrats. "Otherwise we would expect an immediate retraction."

So I showed him one. A few weeks ago on The Factor O'Reilly gave Republican presidential nominee John McCain tips on how to beat Barack Obama in the debates.

O'Reilly advised McCain to hit Obama on "enforcement and oversight." He said that we need to bring the bums who caused this economic crisis to justice. There are "bad guys" ... "villains" who caused this situation and "they should be held accountable."

O'Reilly opined, "The Democrats will not do that because too many of those responsible are in their own party."

He wasn't exactly giving Obama tips on how to beat McCain in the debates.

I told the producer I like the O'Reilly Factor. I find O'Reilly to be informative, funny and very entertaining. And he does occasionally rip into the Republicans.

On the other end of the dial, I like Bill Maher's show on HBO, too. I find him to be informative, funny and very entertaining, too. He happens to be much rougher, and more vulgar, on Republicans than O'Reilly is on Democrats. Fair is fair.

I'm watching all sides of the presidential campaign on TV. This is one of the best TV seasons ever.

I just think it's silly that O'Reilly won't admit he's a Republican and Maher won't admit he's a Democrat.
Neither is a crime, you know. Just my opinion.

The Factor producer asked if I would come on "Bill's show to talk about this."
No thanks. I'm not a political columnist. I'm just Joe the Newspaper Guy ... who watches a lot of TV.
Besides, O'Reilly would crush me like a walnut. He's undefeated in home games. But if he'd like to do an interview for this column ...
O'Reilly's new memoir, A Fresh New Piece of Humanity, is available in finer bookstores everywhere. And online.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Bill O'Reilly Says He's Not a Republican, Bill Maher Says He's Not a Democrat Empty Re: Bill O'Reilly Says He's Not a Republican, Bill Maher Says He's Not a Democrat

Post  floridafun Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:41 pm

he only leaves his studio when he gets a chance to interview obama sunny
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down