The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Charges In Palin e-mail Hacking

Go down

More Charges In Palin e-mail Hacking Empty More Charges In Palin e-mail Hacking

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:05 pm

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D96QLETG1&show_article=1

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Three more federal charges have been filed against a University of Tennessee student charged with hacking into the personal e-mail account of Sarah Palin, the Alaska governor and former Republican vice presidential nominee.

David Kernell, the son of a Democratic Tennessee legislator, pleaded not guilty to all charges Monday, and a magistrate agreed to push back his trial from May to October.

Kernell allegedly gained access to Palin's account in September by correctly answering a series of personal security questions.

The new counts are fraud, unlawful electronic transmission of material outside Tennessee and attempts to conceal records to impede an FBI investigation.

An earlier indictment against Kernell was unsealed in October. He pleaded not guilty and was released on several conditions, including staying away from his computer except for school work.

The October indictment said Kernell tapped into the Alaska governor's widely publicized Yahoo! e-mail account, reset the password and was able to read the contents, make screenshots and post his exploits on the Web using the nickname "rubico." The indictment said at least one other person followed a similar path into Palin's account.

Kernell is the son of longtime state Rep. Mike Kernell of Memphis, chairman of Tennessee's House Government Operations Committee.
Gee, looks to me like he too could be a cabinet nominee in a few years! Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

More Charges In Palin e-mail Hacking Empty Re: More Charges In Palin e-mail Hacking

Post  Guest Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Gee, looks to me like he too could be a cabinet nominee in a few years! Laughing

God I hope so! This whole thing smacks of the movie Hackers, only without the destruction.

Just get the tar and feathers ready for Pete's sake... I hope the court recognizes the fact that Palin was stupid to keep any personal information off government computers. She should be charged, and prosecuted as well.

Hackers is one of my favorite movies of all times (no surprise there I hope) and it's value to the 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon is almost unmatched. Nods to George Orwell's 1984 and William Gibson - another one of my favorite authors. ...And a cast containing Marc Anthony and Penn Jillette! (you will recognize Penn from the avatar used by Mort and the guest formerly known as Vis). Angelina Jolie got the part of Kate over Katherine Heigl, Hillary Swank, Liv Tyler, and Heather Graham.

Trivia question... can anyone name the virus that zero cool wrote which "crashed 1507 systems and brought a 7 point drop in the NYSE"? LOL - 7 points seems like nothing now Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

More Charges In Palin e-mail Hacking Empty Re: More Charges In Palin e-mail Hacking

Post  Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:32 am

I'm going to guess he gets off easy. It wasn't even really a "hack". Anyone could have done it because Palin was a moron.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:37 am

Jugomugo wrote:I'm going to guess he gets off easy. It wasn't even really a "hack". Anyone could have done it because Palin was a moron.

Exactly. I mean don't get me wrong, he committed digital "sin" and keeping him from the computer except for studies is a reasonable measure for a "hacker" of his calibur.

Keep it real people. Palin got the smack she deserved, so has this kid. Game over, restart. Next issue...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down