The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

15 killed in school shooting in German

3 posters

Go down

15 killed in school shooting in German Empty 15 killed in school shooting in German

Post  Canuck Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:58 pm

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090311/world/germany_school_shooting

WINNENDEN, Germany - A 17-year-old gunman dressed in black opened fire at his former high school in southwestern Germany on Wednesday, killing at least 13 people there and another two elsewhere, before police shot him to death, state officials said.

The teenager killed nine students, three teachers, and a passer-by outside Albertville high school in Winnenden, authorities said.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

15 killed in school shooting in German Empty Re: 15 killed in school shooting in German

Post  floridafun Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:42 pm

i saw that..you beat me to posting it tongue and good to "see" you!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

15 killed in school shooting in German Empty Re: 15 killed in school shooting in German

Post  Canuck Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:53 pm

floridafun wrote:i saw that..you beat me to posting it tongue and good to "see" you!

Thank you FF, hope things are going well with you and your family.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:44 pm

i keep running back into the living room to listen to whatever they say about the shootings in germany. i will post more after i feel we have a grip on some facts about what all is happening. its kinda unbelieveable to me...

and me and mine are fine thanks!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:47 pm

meta4 wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/11/alabama.deputy/index.html

Geneva County Sheriff's Deputy Josh Myers quickly hung up the phone after he got his friend's message on Tuesday and started for the town of Samson, having no idea what had happened to his wife or his three children.

Then, another urgent message:

"We got notified on the radio that a trooper was chasing a suspect that had fired shots," Myers told reporters on Wednesday.

Instead of heading home, the deputy drove to Reliable Metal Products plant in the nearby town of Geneva, where the gunman had shot and killed himself after a bloody rampage in southern Alabama in which he killed 10 people -- including relatives and apparent strangers.

Myers had no idea that the man, whose body he saw at the plant, had shot and killed his wife and 1½-year-old daughter, Corinne Gracy, and shot and wounded his 3-month-old baby girl, Ella Kay.

A family friend found the couple's 4-year-old son hiding in the Myers' home after the shooting.

"He was present when it happened," Myers said. "He knows something's wrong. He asked where mama was, and I had to tell him she was with Jesus. This is going to take a long time to work through it."

I read this and tried hard not to cry. I can't even imagine the pain he's feeling.

Yes, I saw that too. Very sad story on both counts.

You're getting your shootings mixed up meta, there is one in USA happenings about this story in Alabama.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:03 pm

Canuck wrote:
meta4 wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/11/alabama.deputy/index.html

Geneva County Sheriff's Deputy Josh Myers quickly hung up the phone after he got his friend's message on Tuesday and started for the town of Samson, having no idea what had happened to his wife or his three children.

Then, another urgent message:

"We got notified on the radio that a trooper was chasing a suspect that had fired shots," Myers told reporters on Wednesday.

Instead of heading home, the deputy drove to Reliable Metal Products plant in the nearby town of Geneva, where the gunman had shot and killed himself after a bloody rampage in southern Alabama in which he killed 10 people -- including relatives and apparent strangers.

Myers had no idea that the man, whose body he saw at the plant, had shot and killed his wife and 1½-year-old daughter, Corinne Gracy, and shot and wounded his 3-month-old baby girl, Ella Kay.

A family friend found the couple's 4-year-old son hiding in the Myers' home after the shooting.

"He was present when it happened," Myers said. "He knows something's wrong. He asked where mama was, and I had to tell him she was with Jesus. This is going to take a long time to work through it."

I read this and tried hard not to cry. I can't even imagine the pain he's feeling.

Yes, I saw that too. Very sad story on both counts.

You're getting your shootings mixed up meta, there is one in USA happenings about this story in Alabama.

Naw, I originally posted it here, but then created the new thread and moved it over there. You caught it quick and replied... Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:47 pm

sadly its kinda losing some shock value in usa, but definately not in germany! its awful how some peoples minds dont work. sad situation.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:41 pm

Yep, very sad situation indeed.

Who knows what goes on in these people's minds to do stuff like this.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:18 pm

Canuck wrote:Yep, very sad situation indeed.

Friend Fabienne Boehm, 12, said she recently met the shooter and that he had claimed fellow students at the high school had mocked him and teachers there ignored him.
Three weeks ago, she said he showed her a note. "He wrote to his parents that he's suffering and he can't go on," she told the AP outside a memorial service at a town church late Wednesday.
This seems to be a common element in these kinds of shootings.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:25 pm

Markwes wrote:
Canuck wrote:Yep, very sad situation indeed.

Friend Fabienne Boehm, 12, said she recently met the shooter and that he had claimed fellow students at the high school had mocked him and teachers there ignored him.
Three weeks ago, she said he showed her a note. "He wrote to his parents that he's suffering and he can't go on," she told the AP outside a memorial service at a town church late Wednesday.
This seems to be a common element in these kinds of shootings.

Thin skin...

Ironic that some of the "tough" guys can't take a little ribbing. I don't really know, maybe what happened in his mind was extremely brutal treatment. Still, (sarcasm) It takes a lot of guts to blow people away... guess he showed them. Rolling Eyes

I'm surprised how much mileage this story is getting all over the media as compared to the Samson, AL shooting here in the US. By the way, anyone else find it interesting that the name of the town is samson? (those who know the story from the Bible may find the connection).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:44 pm

True. And the fact that he killed 2 people at a car dealership shows that it all wasn't just about "revenge".

And I don't really have an answer as to why this seems to get more media attention than the Alabama shootings. Maybe as FF suggested, it's the shock value of this happening in Germany.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:02 pm

Markwes wrote:True. And the fact that he killed 2 people at a car dealership shows that it all wasn't just about "revenge".

And I don't really have an answer as to why this seems to get more media attention than the Alabama shootings. Maybe as FF suggested, it's the shock value of this happening in Germany.

See, I'm not shocked this happened in Germany. It's shocking anywhere. It kinda seems like an emulation of the Columbine incident, so it seems exported from the US. That's interesting to me, especially for some Europeans who like to look down on this so called "Decadent" American lifestyle and think their shit don't stink.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:42 am

tacky. like we dont compare ourselves to other countries and tout what we see as better here as something to be proud of in comparison?

other countries SHOULD be proud of alot of things and rightfully compare themselves to us as an example of what they are getting right. its silly to think we as a nation dont ALWAYS act like our shit doesnt stink..they are following our example there.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down