The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag

+2
Pez
LTRT
6 posters

Go down

Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag Empty Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag

Post  LTRT Wed May 27, 2009 10:08 pm

Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag
http://cbs11tv.com/local/patriotism.at.office.2.1020415.html

MANSFIELD (CBS 11 News) ―
For one Arlington woman, the answer was "no" after she hung an American flag in her office just before the Memorial Day weekend.

Debbie McLucas is one of four hospital supervisors at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield. Last week, she hung a three-by-five foot American flag in the office she shares with the other supervisors.

When McLucas came to work Friday, her boss told her another supervisor had found her flag offensive. "I was just totally speechless. I was like, 'You're kidding me,'" McLucas said.

McLucas' husband and sons are former military men. Her daughter is currently serving in Iraq as a combat medic.

Stifling a cry, McLucas said, "I just wonder if all those young men and women over there are really doing this for nothing."

Only in America...or should we say Texas. Mad
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag Empty Re: Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag

Post  Pez Thu May 28, 2009 9:06 am

I would have done the same thing, asked her to take it down... a 15 square foot flag in a shared office? While I don't find it offensive, I find it inappropriate.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag Empty Re: Supervisor Asks Woman To Take Down American Flag

Post  Guest Thu May 28, 2009 9:37 am

I realize the pride those that served in the military have, and pride to a slightly lesser degree of those that support family in service time. Still, it's hard for managers to not at least show some sort of action if a complaint was made. I'm not saying she should have taken it down. An equally acceptable response from management would have been to place that flag, or maybe a basket of red white and blue flowers in a prominent public area in the office/plant for all to see - dedicated to all service men and women that have or will serve in the armed forces.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 28, 2009 9:51 am

The lady in the quote sniffles and says "I wonder if those over there are doing this for nothing" ... maybe she should ask President Bush about his war in Iraq. I am sure this comment will raise my shindex.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu May 28, 2009 9:56 am

Bman wrote:The lady in the quote sniffles and says "I wonder if those over there are doing this for nothing" ... maybe she should ask President Bush about his war in Iraq. I am sure this comment will raise my shindex.
Would you like some cheese to go with your whine? Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 28, 2009 10:08 am

Bman wrote:The lady in the quote sniffles and says "I wonder if those over there are doing this for nothing" ... maybe she should ask President Bush about his war in Iraq. I am sure this comment will raise my shindex.

Raise...?? which direction on the number line are you heading?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 28, 2009 10:34 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Would you like some cheese to go with your whine? Razz

A nice pinot grigio would be great ... nah, I am actually trying to figure out only FF and I have negative shindex and we happen to be the two biggest liberals on the board ... hmmm? So much for LTRT and MarkWes' crying about this being a liberal board.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu May 28, 2009 11:50 am

keeping in mind this happened in the great and proudly confederate-minded sessionist-minded state of texas, my first curiosity was..WHICH american flag was hung? pirat
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu May 28, 2009 11:53 am

A 3 x 5 foot flag is a little big for that type of office (hung up) on a pole would have better where it drapes. Or she should have gotten a desk flag or maybe a garden flag for her side of the room.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 28, 2009 12:11 pm

floridafun wrote:keeping in mind this happened in the great and proudly confederate-minded sessionist-minded state of texas, my first curiosity was..WHICH american flag was hung? pirat

See, I can't believe someone knocked you down on the shindex for this comment. I got a smirk out of it.

This is an example of why I'm considering turning the Shindex feature off, because whoever-it-was probably didn't comprehend the comment and notice the smiley pirate icon. Jeez people lighten up...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu May 28, 2009 12:23 pm

meta4 wrote:This is an example of why I'm considering turning the Shindex feature off, because whoever-it-was probably didn't comprehend the comment and notice the smiley pirate icon. Jeez people lighten up...

Or just maybe this moderator thing has gone to your head, don't you have some real work to do? geek Razz

(for the record it wasn't me!)
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 28, 2009 12:32 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:This is an example of why I'm considering turning the Shindex feature off, because whoever-it-was probably didn't comprehend the comment and notice the smiley pirate icon. Jeez people lighten up...

Or just maybe this moderator thing has gone to your head, don't you have some real work to do? geek Razz

(for the record it wasn't me!)

Hey, since Cincy and I have been given the helm we haven't banned anyone, nor have we received any complaints. Don't push THAT big red button, sir. It's the OTHER big one just next to it that orders you a Latte. (from Monsters Vs. Aliens movie) Very Happy

I am getting my work done too! Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Thu May 28, 2009 2:04 pm

floridafun wrote:keeping in mind this happened in the great and proudly confederate-minded sessionist-minded state of texas, my first curiosity was..WHICH american flag was hung? pirat

Gotta disagree with you on your "confederate-minded" comment about Texas. I don't see that at all in Houston, nor do I see it in trips back to Aggieland in College Station, trips to Austin to visit my brother, or to San Antonio to visit my brother-in-law. We lived in Mississippi for a year back in the late seventies, and you would see Confederate flags everywhere.

I would have also disagreed with the comment about "secessionist-minded", but then I remembered Governor Goodhair's comments on Tax day.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 29, 2009 10:09 pm

meta4 wrote:

He thinks the Shindex rating is like a golf score. The lower the better.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 30, 2009 9:45 am

Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:

... and You have a customized avatar devoted to bman. drunken
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat May 30, 2009 9:54 am

meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:

You're just jealous he doesn't have one of you... Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 30, 2009 10:12 am

meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:

I do feel extra special ...Kroman LOVES me ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sat May 30, 2009 10:21 am

Bman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Maybe you two should civil union each other???
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 30, 2009 10:52 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Maybe you two should civil union each other???

Krommie ... send me a pic and I will decide ...

LOL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat May 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Aggie Transplant wrote:

Gotta disagree with you on your "confederate-minded" comment about Texas. I don't see that at all in Houston, nor do I see it in trips back to Aggieland in College Station, trips to Austin to visit my brother, or to San Antonio to visit my brother-in-law. We lived in Mississippi for a year back in the late seventies, and you would see Confederate flags everywhere.

I would have also disagreed with the comment about "secessionist-minded", but then I remembered Governor Goodhair's comments on Tax day.

it was in jest aggie..if we had been talking about alabama i would have been serious jocolor
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down