The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Airlines

3 posters

Go down

American Airlines Empty American Airlines

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:28 am

So what's your take on American Airlines cancelling all these flights the past few days? My initial thought was hey, the FAA and the airline is doing what they can to protect the passengers, and they should grateful, even if it means a slight inconvenience.

But now I don't know. I saw a report on the Today Show that one of the things the FAA was picky about was the wire ties were 1 1/4 inches apart, not the 1" apart they are supposed to be. Apparently a 1/4" can make a difference!

I'm kind of of the mind now that this could have been handled better without having to cancel so many flights.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

American Airlines Empty Re: American Airlines

Post  LTRT Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:59 am

I'm just glad I didn't have a flight on one of those that were cancelled. But then again, I usually don't use AA anyway.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:01 am

I rarely fly.. so it doesn't bother me. We flew AA to Maui, personally, if it meant a delay with an approved plane versus on time with a who knows plane, I'll wait.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:05 am

I was going to be flying on vacation this year. However, after seeing all the problems the airlines are having, not just AA. Remember Delta, Northwest, Southwest, etc all had recent flights cancelled. With FAA inspectors being labeled as too cozy with the industry, I see this continuing all summer long. Will do something more local and pay $4 gas to get there.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:14 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I rarely fly.. so it doesn't bother me. We flew AA to Maui, personally, if it meant a delay with an approved plane versus on time with a who knows plane, I'll wait.

The worse thing in the world is be waiting on your flight and have them tell you that your flight is delayed due to mechanical issues with the plane, once the plane is ready we will board your flight. I would really like to tell the airlines to piss on themselves, don't stick me on a plane that just had mechanical issues.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:39 pm

I'll drive or take a train before I ever fly a commercial airline. I do NOT trust the TSA.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:51 pm

Bman wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:I rarely fly.. so it doesn't bother me. We flew AA to Maui, personally, if it meant a delay with an approved plane versus on time with a who knows plane, I'll wait.

The worse thing in the world is be waiting on your flight and have them tell you that your flight is delayed due to mechanical issues with the plane, once the plane is ready we will board your flight. I would really like to tell the airlines to piss on themselves, don't stick me on a plane that just had mechanical issues.

lol.. hey folks.. it's gonna be about an hour while jimmy and bobby put a new engine on the plane. Sorry for the delay, hopefully you'll make it to your destination.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:03 pm

The airline industry seems to be one of the few where customers get fucked in the ass everyday yet nothing comes of it. People just keep flying and spending millions of dollars while bending over. People should really start boycotting airline companies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:20 pm

Frontier airlines has now joined the ranks of airlines filing for bankruptcy. Wonder which one is next?
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:38 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:Frontier airlines has now joined the ranks of airlines filing for bankruptcy. Wonder which one is next?

I'm surprised Frontier hung around as long as they did. Shocked
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down